Reviews for When We Were Young
Queen Sound chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Beautiful
Guest chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, WRITE SOME MORE THIS IS AWESOME, YOU ARE A GREAT WRITER, PLEASE WRITE SOMETHING ELSE ABOUT THESE TWO!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Please write more!
Tsunade-chan chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I adored this. Never much for angst unless its beautifully written. Reminds me very much about how they are in the comics.
mimosa eyes chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
First off, can I just say: I really enjoyed the concept and execution of this fic. It deals with rather sensitive subject matter tastefully and maturely, and has a lovely mood to it that I find unique. You realistically depicted the dynamic of (not very mutual) need for each other. The part that really got me: that Barbara cares more deeply for Dick than his mission and secrecy will let her, at least for the moment.
That said, I felt that the pace of the fic was a little lackluster. It was steady, granted, but that didn't quite reflect the conflict Babs must have been experiencing. You also accidentally slipped out of present tense into past tense a couple times there, and made just a few spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes.
That bit about the type of love Barbara feels for Dick made me think up this quote from a James Patterson (admittedly sappy and in my humble opinion clich├ęd) novel: 'Right now, I'm thinking about love: the hot, crazy kind that turns your chest into a bell and your heart into a clapper. But also the more enduring kind that comes from knowing someone else deeply and letting yourself be known... I guess I believe in both kinds of love, both kinds at the same time and with the same person.' That's the kind of affection I see in Dick and Babs in the comics, and your fic feels like a stepping stone to reaching that in the YJ universe. A rather painful step, but necessary and definitely poignant.
Keep up the good writing! I think many others can (and will) appreciate your fresh perspective.
anon chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Hands down the best fanfic I've read on Dick/Babs. You do an amazing and ACCURATE portrayal of their characters, captured their relationship, and captured our hearts. Well done. I am a fan. Please, please, please write more on Dick/Babs. I will be eagerly awaiting!

PS. Do you read the comics?
I recommend this site for inspiration :)
SummerSerendipity chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I would definitely love to read a sequel to this!
TheDamnBatgirl chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Beautifully written. :)
paperplanet chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
because we're lacking of good dickxbabs fics out there, I'm begging you to write more. Great job by the waaay ;)
BuringBright222 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Really well done. I really liked it
Rise Against713 chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Very nice piece. You did a great job with Barbara and especially Dick. I got the feeling that Dick was truly conflicted and wanted to open up to Barbara. I hope you do write a sequel. I'll be looking out for it
guest chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
please do another chapter!
juli93 chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
I love it I think it's absolutely amazing and I really hope there's gonna be more chapters to this :)

And I also hope that you're gonna upload more stories. )
Alleybat chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Beautifully sad story. I absolutely loved it. I loved how you made Babs strong and able to pull herself away from Dick, despite her need for him. That's so perfectly in character for her. I just, wow. Great job.
hundredtimes chapter 1 . 9/3/2012