Reviews for A Fresh Perspective
koala789 chapter 14 . 5/24
Freaking ADORABLE! This is a great story and I really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for writing this! :D
Honyasbookshelf2017 chapter 14 . 5/9
A Fresh Perspective is just about everything I wish for in a fanfic–or in any story, for that matter. The writing flows well, uses excellent grammar, shows a very readable use of third-person narrative, and is just generally pleasant to read. The plot, as the author admits directly, is basically an excuse to write Merlin-as-a-kid fluff. And the result is absolutely adorable. The author’s grasp of Merlin’s character, as well as how that would display as a four-year-old kid, is excellent if flavored towards a highly favorable view of his personality and character (just as I like it). This view of him and his utter devotion to Arthur and to Camelot is vital to the way in which the plot develops, especially after Arthur and the knights discover Merlin’s magic. I also love that the knights (Gwaine, Percival, Elyan, and Leon, specifically) are heavily included in this story, because they’re fabulous and they’re individual reactions to kid-Merlin are important in developing their own personalities, histories, and relationships with each other and with Merlin. The bromance between Merlin and Arthur, as well as between Merlin and Gwaine, is well crafted here, and I think the way in which the author handled that uncertainty of relationship at the point where Merlin is suddenly a child and has no memory of Arthur or Gwaine was very well done. Honestly, I would change nothing about this story, and will probably re-read it many times over. I just want to find more stories by the same author!
queenofmoondoorswife chapter 14 . 5/5
amazing !
shanik chapter 14 . 4/22
What a delightful sorry! The plot flowed so nicely. Great dialogue. Thanks for writing!
Tachyon5 chapter 1 . 4/9
Never really was one for de-aged fics, 'till I read this. Brilliantly put!
TweakyGhostLover chapter 7 . 3/26
Mad Ali chapter 14 . 3/18
So cute!I love this!
delightful!
addyeb0123 chapter 14 . 2/21
This was so good. I don't know if I went without laughing at least once in each chapter. I loved this and could imagine every single bit of it happening. AMAZING
LoneStorm chapter 14 . 2/14
This is a fantastic, adorable story! Thank you for writing this! Your style and skill is gorgeous.
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 14 . 2/5
This has been a marvelous story from start to finish. :D
Excellent grammar and the plot was interesting. This had the right touch of fluff and drama, and I'm glad to have read it.
Thank you. :)
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 12 . 2/4
:'(
Why must this story break my heart? I wish I could hug the precious cinnamon roll, but that's not possible. Because he's a fictional creation, and I do not yet know how to insert my consciousness into the internet.