Reviews for Imperfect Cherry Blossom
D-Quarter005 chapter 34 . 11/2/2017
I just finished reading the story up to this point (long read) and overall, I'd say this is one of the best Touhou crossovers I've read to date. It has a unique plot, good pacing, exciting danmaku battles, and good character development. I especially like the relationship between Kyon and Marisa. The way you built up the relationship, the obstacles that get in their way, and even the way they respond to those obstacles is realistic and exciting at the same time. You've also done a great job of setting up conflict on multiple levels external/internal and resolution. The themes and ideas in each story such as selfishness vs selflessness really add something special and meaningful.

That said, there are a couple things that bother me.

First, you say you partially wrote this to introduce people to the Touhou series, yet you're using largely fanon elements to describe a number of the characters' personalities. In some cases this just helps fill in the gaps but in others like Cirno being stupid, for example, it outright contradicts canon. Normally, I leave this alone since I support the author's write to portray the characters the way they want to, but if you're planning to use you're story as a platform for introducing the series, doesn't it make sense to try and avoid misleading them?

The second thing that bothers me is that you have four stories crammed into one here, which makes it less manageable for the reader. Imagine what it would look like if an author like Stephen King took all of his stories and crammed them together into one giant, oversized book. Even if the stories all belong to the same series, you can still separate them out to make it easier to read and less likely to mislead someone into thinking you've written one story over 600,000 words long.
Vomitsaw777 chapter 34 . 11/1/2017
Wow, a great deal of passion was put into writing this, but did everything had to be jammed into this one chapter? Great Story nonetheless but it was pretty hard to keep track of things because of the length of this segment.
But I also kinda miss the dark and mysterious theme this Fanfic had at the beginning where the characters seemed terrifying, unstoppable but yet they still liked or even fell for Kyon at the time. The displayed favouritism on Meiling aside, I liked the way the characters were portrayed and shown on how much of a threat they were, whilst impressively giving many of them each their own unique identity and traits. The beginning chapters were great, the middle was decent. The recent ones like this.. They're great but they're kinda shounen-ish given the fact Kyon is not stuck this 'horror-survival-esk' situation anymore. But I can't wait for the next saga. Gj, though
Inaro Inra chapter 34 . 9/19/2017
I've only now made an account, however I've been reading throughout the years. I enjoy how you flesh out the plot well. It shows that this is a work that you've put effort into creating. Apart from rare spelling errors, the fanfiction could pass for a professional author's novel.

The problems are there. But it's still enjoyable.

I hope to see where you take this story.
Kamencolin chapter 34 . 9/5/2017
Keep up the good work
AceAndy57 chapter 34 . 8/18/2017
Wow Yuuka is really getting downplayed here.
Not only is she is going to get killed off in the Meltdown saga but she has also lost to every fight against other characters that she wouldn't normally get fazed by too, despite all the character buildup she had - she barely ever gets mentioned again, extremely indirectly.. The Nerfing & Downplaying is Real...
Kurzoviya chapter 34 . 8/10/2017
holy shit this was good
dillah1995 chapter 20 . 7/20/2017
"That was a scary thought. That someones think that genocide is the answerKyon
Yes, I'm looking at you, Undertale fanboys
Ghost Man chapter 34 . 6/2/2017
Could you break these chapters up a bit? It's really really hard to keep track of. Otherwise, for the parts I can follow, well played.
Guest chapter 34 . 5/24/2017
Excellent history. Though I had liked to see Reimu to cry since in the game it originates. You prop serious interesting that Kyon was travelling to the future to know the Secret Sealing Club
Guest chapter 34 . 5/24/2017
Amazing, once again.
Sulphur99 chapter 34 . 5/21/2017
Whew, took me a while to finish it all. It was well worth the wait to be honest. Kyon's gambit paid off really nicely for him, with a new ally and new abilities for himself. Really curious about Clownpiece(?)'s appearance at the end there though.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, though I hope it wouldn't take as long as this one. One can dream, right?
Sul~
Otaku97 chapter 34 . 5/20/2017
now I can't wait for 12.5
Hisoutensoku faint mechs fight lol
Kyong gets a major power up and even a taboo!
Celebrations everyone
ItzABlueWulf chapter 34 . 5/19/2017
For how long this took one has to ask himself if the wait is worth it. The moment Reimu pulled off a Raiden and ran down a crumbling clock tower was when i decided that YES, the wait was worth it. This is turning out to be a wonderful story made of layers upon layers of details essential to understanding all of it. On a side note, good to see you're back, just as other Touhou crossover authors, after months of silence, can't wait for next chapter. See ya!
neogoki chapter 34 . 5/19/2017
retcon for the visit to the Shrine from the epiloge of the first arc? nicely done.

guess that is the best way to bring Sans into Touhou, having another slacker qoute him, wonder if we get more of Komachi channeling Sans in the future?

Sanae is Yuyuko-sized? Blessed by the gods indeed XD

I love Hajime no Ippo, Reimu bringing the dempsey was cool.

I remember the story of CTC, it gives me the heavy feels.
is this foreshadowing of a next-Gen Anti-SOS-brigade? and they know meta-stuff?
the once defeated and shattered evil doers re-uniting and reorganising?
or maybe a new "goddess" like Sakaki with her own following?

can'T wait for Meltdown, all signs are set to AMAZING.
Darklight of the 0 arcana chapter 34 . 5/19/2017
That's is so cool how did you made the story Time paradox are becoming more distorted but on a good way I hope to see the next one soon