Reviews for Life in LA
shaylaacorday chapter 50 . 5/4
I love the way you incorporated almost every important aspect of their relationship so naturally. Such as "ride or die" which made me so happy because it came so naturally. And the chain. As well ass "80% devil 20% angel" And him debate about which percent was which. Very good love how naturally everything is coming okay bye lol
Beautiful story... Beautiful couple... #forpaul #fastfamily
jezymine chapter 23 . 4/3
bammbamm28 chapter 79 . 7/30/2015
On vacation for a week so I read this whole series in a very scary short amount of time.
Seriously, one of my fav fics.
on to DD! :))
Never a Writer chapter 18 . 4/24/2015
I kind of feel like Dom's a bit shallow because he only noticed Letty after she's "changed", I hope I'm interpreted wrong and that he's actually into her for her personality.
Never a Writer chapter 14 . 4/24/2015
LOL she thinks her mom doesn't know, but she does
Never a Writer chapter 13 . 4/24/2015
And so it begins...YES!
Never a Writer chapter 10 . 4/24/2015
LOL She should say that the reason she doesn't want to tell them is because she doesn't want them to scare him off
Never a Writer chapter 2 . 4/24/2015
I can't wait til Dom starts noticing her as a girl instead of a sister
Never a Writer chapter 1 . 4/24/2015
I can't wait to see your take on how things might've been for Letty pre-TFATF
Dom-Letty chapter 55 . 9/28/2014
This story is incredible so far! I love it
Dramamomma19 chapter 53 . 9/25/2014
You need to fix where they hold hand there is a no touching rule. It bothers me everytime I read this story. Sorry.
Nikki.P2 chapter 79 . 8/3/2014
Probably the truest and most haunting lines in this story:

"Don't play…its torture." He whispered as he backed me against the car.
"You know what else was torture?" I hinted and he groaned closing his eyes in pain.
"Yes… I'm sorry, so sorry baby. I won't ever be that person again." He promised and I made a noise of content in the back of my throat but I knew the damage was done. *There would always be fear in the back of my mind.*

OOHH that was beautiful and awful!
The fact that Letty will ALWAYS have fear in the back of her mind is the tragedy of the story. Dom has destroyed something that he can NEVER make right. No matter what he does, Letty will always have that fear in her mind. So sad. So unfair. Dom (as usual) gets everything he wants, and Letty is left with a relationship that will always have a reminder of how he broke her heart.

Why did you write that line?! It's like you didn't want us to believe that Letty could actually have a whole relationship with Dom. You wanted us to know that she is broken a little And you never write anything that shows that Dom will always have fear, or sadness, or anything negative *for the rest of his life* as a result of him cheating in Letty. He is in the clear. No evidence of lingering guilt at all, no sense that he thinks their relationship will be anything less than perfect. How about a "he would always have that fear that if he messed up again she would leave him"?! Nope! Dom has no long term consequences from him cheating (ok-maybe his bruised balls count! :-) bottom line: He gets his girl back and his relation ship back with no evidence that he has any worries! So unfair!

In fact, he's already his old cocky self-so sure that she's forgiven him that he's teasing her instead of worshipping her body that she's (finally) allowing him to touch! Maybe it's because you wrote the scene from Dom's POV but it seems all about how Dom sees the desire in Letty's eyes. What about him thinking about HIS desire for her? His relief that he's even allowed to touch her again?! His joy that they *might* actually have a chance of working out?! I need to see more emotion from Dom!

This night should have been all about Letty! The orgasm he gave her up front was great! But instead of allowing her to give him a blow job, he could have said, "not this time baby, this time is all about you"!

Ps Dom still owes Letty a shit load of extra orgasms for all the ones he got with Michelle. He should think of it as penance for cheating! In my mind that's what he does for three days (and hopefully for the rest of his life!).

The end was poignant though-watching as Dom makes the poor decisions that will lead the whole team down the path that messed up their lives. And of course we have Letty, only THREE DAYS after making up with Dom, saying " ride or die" and being more loyal than anyone should ever be to a man making stupid decisions. Sigh.

For all the times we hear the phrase "ride or die" it's ironic that it never seems to apply to Dom. It's always about Letty being loyal to him , staying by his side. Yet when HE decides it's time to go, we see him leaving her in the DR without explanation (no note, no discussion, just a pile of money and his cross) and then he makes no effort to stay in touch with her for months... I really hate that phrase since it seems so one sided...

I am hopeful that in your final story , Dom proves that he will ride or die for Letty. And he will be as loyal to her as she was to him. Letty has worked way too hard throughout all of your stories - it's Dom's turn now!

Keep writing these awesome stories-just give us a little more balance and fairness between Letty and Dom!
Nikki.P2 chapter 78 . 8/3/2014
Beautiful writing in this one-such amazing insight I to the characters!

I especially like this paragraph:

"I had made up with Mia, to an extent, after she explained to me how she found out and apologized for not telling me and also for making me feel guilty about Dom being sick. Our relationship wasn't the same as before but we were still friends. I just didn't tell her everything anymore but she understood. She knew there were trust issues there and she didn't push but she didn't like it either. Maybe one day it would be different."

I love that Letty and Mia's relationship is forever changed because Mia lied and covered up for Dom. In real life , things don't just to back to the way they were because of an "I'm sorry". The fact that they still have trust issues is a consequence of Mia's decision to take Dom's side and cover up for his cheating. She only has herself to blame. (Ps. I hope Mia also apologized for not calling Letty every day to check if she was ok, like a real best friend would).

Love that four weeks have gone by (not a couple days) and Dom is still working to get out of the doghouse! But Why is Letty so on the verge of giving in to Dom? Is it hormones? Lust?
"I stayed in Mia's room after we made up and I knew it was still taking a toll on Dom not having me as close as he needed and to be honest I don't know how much longer I could go either. "

I can't believe that each time she looks at him that she doesn't see him fucking Michelle. If that's not a mood dampener I don't know what is. ;-)

I love that Dom is trying even when he gets lukewarm responses from Letty! Good! Maybe he will cherish her more, treat her right, if he has to work for her this time! This part was excellent! Truly excellent!

"I wish I could do something big to get you to trust me again." He whispered and I heated under his gaze.
"It's not that easy." I said quietly and he nodded. (EXACTLY! TRUE!)
"I know… I wish it were. I miss you."
"I'm here." I said cautiously.
"You know what I mean…you're here physically yes but I miss us. I miss holding you, touching you whenever I wanted to, I miss kissing you…" He trailed off as I gave him look and he let me go sighing quietly.

Dom most his right to have kisses and touches when he cheated. He can't expect to have that back yet (other than the random bit sex Letty allowed him that first night back...). But note that Dom still remembers Letty saying That she is HIS! And throws that right in her face...

The race was great but I didn't like that Letty not only allowed but promoted herself being part of the face bargain. Whether Dom won or not , she basically made herself out to be an object/ possession to be passed from one man to the next. (Not to mention that she hasn't given Dom the right to call her his girl-so when Johnny said Letty was Dom's girl she would have objected!)

She JUST told Dom that he couldn't make one big gesture to win her back and then she allows him to do exactly that with the race. Talk about mixed signals! And how is racing , something Dom does all the time, evidence of his love for her? How does him winning a race make her trust him? It isn't! It's an excuse to get him hopped up and arrogant and controlling of her-like he owns her. (Note that even VINCE knows it was luck more than skill that had Dom winning the race. Hardly the test of trust or moral character or even love that Letty deserved... Why did she settle for so little?)

Actually I assume that she have in to her hormones or whatever and decided ahead of time that she was going to give in to him that night ( maybe he wowed her at dinner?) and used racing as an excuse to allow him to claim her. Otherwise I can't figure it out.

My biggest concern however is that , other than his insane possessiveness (I think he says "you're mine" about ten times in this chapter) DOM STILL hasn't said that he loves her! what is he waiting for? "I want you" is not the same as "I need you". :-)

I love though that Letty gets the last word: "I'll cut them off if you EVER cheat on me again." I warned all too aware his lips were closing in on mine. ROTFLOL! Awesome!

Overall excellent chapter! Glad to see Letty keep a little of her strength! Wish she would keep it forever. Maybe she can find it again in your newest story...? It's never too late for Letty to be that strong and powerful woman who DEMANDED the respect she de served from Dom. :-)

Ps. Mia's whole attitude that Letty should just forgive Dom was annoying and makes me happy that her character gets her heart broken by Brian in the movie... Maybe after that Mia will have a little empathy for the woman her brother cheated on and broke her heart!
Maybe THAT Mia wouldn't be so cavalier when Dom abandons Letty in the DR.