Reviews for Always a Woman
conquerors chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Oh gosh, I can't even put into words how beautifully worded this is.

I love reading pieces from the point of view of the death eaters, it's so much different to read than that of the teenagers at Hogwarts, or of the teachers who are usually very moral people.

I don't think that we get enough from Rodolphus' point of view, and I think you wrote him very well. Personally, I expected it to be a bit darker considering him being a death eater and all, but this was lovely nevertheless.

The repetition you included in this worked really well, and didn't seem overdone or forced. You used some gorgeous vocabulary in this and your descriptions made it easy to picture the scenes. I felt like the lyrics worked very well with Bellatrix, and I can see why they'd make you think of her.

Bellatrix not letting Rodolphus touch her is different to what I've read before; usually she has her way with him but has her thoughts on other things, and I thought it was a really nice concept, and it showed that she doesn't have no morals.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I love how this is written from Rodolphus' point of view; we don't get enough from him as far as I'm concerned. I like the way that you depicted his logic and included it throughout the piece. I also think that the song you choice worked really well for this. Well done!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I can see how that song fits these two well. I love your writing in this. I wasn't sure about the first person at first, but it really works; his obsession with Bellatrix, the repetition of "in my dreams, my foolish dreams," his acknowledgement of where her loyalty lies... it's all done perfectly. Awesome!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Oh my gosh this is actually perfect. I love how you show his mesmerization with her and his obsession. Amazingly well done!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
That song is absolutely perfect for Bellatrix! I completely agree with you there, and I love that you used it for her. I've never actually seen it done before, but I adore it because I've thought that myself, also, so this was just really cool to see. I like the lyrics you included at the beginning, they fit the story very well. I can definitely picture Rodolphus thinking these things about Bellatrix and being infatuated with her even though she was never truly his. I do think they would have met before they were sixteen, though - either at Hogwarts (for we can assume they were of similar age) or at some pureblood function. That's my only criticism, though - this fic is awesome. No spelling or grammar problems at all, and I like that you used Rodolphus's first person PoV because it worked incredibly well. Great job!
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
WOW! Did you win for Rhythmic? Because this is so good! I hate first person but sometimes few people can accomplish it with the right emotions-like you have! I applaud you :D I love this so much and your going to win for sure in the Music Awards-your gonna beat me n_n Rod's emotions with the song on how you thought of Bella was perfection, it felt like I was reading it from an excerpt that JK wrote. So true and fits, I love that. Vene though it's short it's great, it holds everything what I think Rodolphus would feel for Bella and on her relationship with LV. Great job!

Much love!

C.G.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
This is fascinating. I don't usually like first person but I think it works here. It's like Rodolphus is telling his memoirs of what it's like to be married to Bellatrix. And all of it is so true and kind of sad. Things like "I don't want to know" and "I fall for it every single time" make me feel so bad for him. Interesting song choice as well. Very fitting :)
TheTwoDL chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
The following is a prize review.

I generally feel that narrative writing can go wrong and can become a disaster, but you did a fairly good job of this. Bella was perfectly in character and the lyrics of the song actually were connected to the story, which not many authors do. Well done!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I really enjoyed this. I think Rodolphus' thoughts were quite accurate - Bella was dangerous. And the part about her never really being his. I think that's true too. Bellatrix was (in a twisted way) in love with Voldemort.

Great writing. It was a very enjoyable read.
queen-sheep chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Very interesting and descriptive. I loved all the words you used to describe Bellatrix :)

It was very interesting to see Rudolphusu's side of the story. And the way you wrote the unrequited love was very heartbreaking. I really like that last metaphor you used at the end!
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Oooh this is something new. I've never read a story from Rodolphus' persepective before and this was a great take on his perspective of Bellatrix. I particularly loved the last paragraph where he imagines what he could be doing to her, it was very death eaterish. Brilliant job!
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
this was really good! i've always shipped bellamort and always thought something was going on there, and rodolphus seems to always be overlooked in fanfiction, which is sad.

i loved his point of view of bellatrix here, it was really IC and i loved the way he spoke, as well. it's really sad how he loves bellatrix but she's never going to love him back and he's always going to be following her round - i loved the king, queen & jester analogy! :)

great job, i loved this! :)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Very insightful. Keep writing
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Oh my word, this was absolutely perfect! I love this song, and it fits so well with Bellatrix and Rodolphus' relationship, it's uncanny! I loved the portrayal of Bella through her husbands eyes, and his sadness and bitterness about his inability to make her love him the same way she loved LV. The last line, about him being their court jester to their king and queen was incredible. One minor SPaG issue:
"her articulate[d] way of speaking" - no 'd' in articulate
but other than that, this was just lovely. Thanks for sharing!
sangkar chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
asdfghjkl billy joel asdfghjkl this song asdfghjkl

-finishes fangirling-

You're right - this song really does suit Bellatrix. I loved your portrayal of Rodolpuhs' emotions; they were realistic and they really made me feel for him. I never liked Rodolphus, or any Death Eaters, for that matter, but this was really lovely as it shed light onto his life. Good job.