Reviews for Kindred Darkness
Dilios300 chapter 23 . 1/28
The story overall was great, but I solemnly advise you to find a way for Lydia to live. Her death only made the story a lot more depressing and unpleasant.
Damn...any other fanfic I read is gonna have one hell of a time trying to outdo this one. Heck...most published books can't compare to your story...plz..plz don't stop writing this...plz lol. :D
Leroy-San chapter 23 . 12/1/2016
Wow. Excellent story I really hope you continue it and give it an ending. I really enjoyed reading it so far.
Thanks
Leroy
Leroy chapter 1 . 12/1/2016
Good first chapter.
Sly the Coon Cooper chapter 23 . 10/24/2016
Just finished reading the whole thing. Awesome job.

But many references to Alduin being defeated, Sovhangard, and many "end game" moments are made here. But Arcturus never met the hermit that was part of the main quest?

Just a little consistence error.
Sly the Coon Cooper chapter 13 . 10/24/2016
Septimus? So the main quest isn't finished? But this entire story implies that Alduin has already been defeated.

Unless he knows he's Dragonborn, but hasn't met the Blades yet.

How far into the main arc is Arcturus? I'm getting mixed signals here...
Dax9715 chapter 23 . 5/16/2016
Great story keep up the good work.
Determination and Discipline chapter 23 . 5/16/2016
dafuq where is the 24th chapter mate ?
RavenOfTheWinds chapter 25 . 4/30/2016
Very cool story we have here. I hope you'll give it the ending it deserves sometime soon!
BradyD178 chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
Is this going to be finished?
TheNightstriker chapter 25 . 8/4/2015
Pls update soon.
daisymeadowss chapter 25 . 5/22/2014
This is such a lovely story, I do hope you'll continue it. I understand all too well what it's like to be consumed by real life, so no pressure, but I'd love to see it finished since this is the best Dragonborn/Serana story I've seen so far. Keep it up! :)
DasCheesenborgir chapter 25 . 4/26/2014
I'm not entirely certain if your sudden decision that the last chapter needs rewrite may be of entirely your own accord or not, since I did see a particularly negative review for it a while ago...

I think perhaps you should rethink that train of thought; the way I see it, you crafted that chapter the way you wanted it to be. Like you said yourself, this is your story, not mine, not any other reviewer's, and you put what you want in it. You'll have to excuse if I'm making assumptions here, but it's kinda hard not to tbh lol

Truth is, it's also quite clear that a lot of people really like what you did as well. I unfortunately can't say that I'm one of them, but you know what? That doesn't matter.

This is Fanfiction, where you put what you want into a story, without having to worry about satisfying absolutely every single reader that drops by; obviously there are some standards you might want to follow, sure, but the point still stands that this is a place where you should be able to write what you want and express it.

I think you're an absolutely phenomenal writer from just a technical perspective, well above many others on this site (including myself, so don't mistake this as an experienced or professional writer's opinion lol), and if your sudden desire to go back and rewrite your last chapter because you think it's "half-assed, distracted fantasies of self-fulfillment" is in fact because of people like me who aren't entirely satisfied with how it turned out, fuck 'em.

Like I said, it's Fanfiction, it's okay if the story is a 'fantasy of self-fulfillment', it's all just escapism.

So yeah, I might not entirely support what route you've decided to take, but I figure if you made that decision in the first place, you made it for a good reason. So stand by it, because you sure as hell have a lot of other supporters as well.
Revennon chapter 23 . 4/23/2014
Random question, is "House Sunspear" in any way inspired by House Martell from the Song of Ice and Fire? I'm just curious.
Lushard chapter 25 . 4/5/2014
Wow. That's all I can huff after reading this story of yours. Your way of writing is very captivating, deeply so, coupled with your skills in manipulating words to represent your characters, it's all very charming.

I'll be just glad to wait for another update as long as this story is not dropped. I truly understand it, the balancing that most fanfiction authors have to accustom themselves to between fantasies and reality as I'm myself still stuck in a murky place called college.

Keep writing! :D