Reviews for Kindred Darkness
daisymeadowss chapter 25 . 5/22/2014
This is such a lovely story, I do hope you'll continue it. I understand all too well what it's like to be consumed by real life, so no pressure, but I'd love to see it finished since this is the best Dragonborn/Serana story I've seen so far. Keep it up! :)
DasCheesenborgir chapter 25 . 4/26/2014
I'm not entirely certain if your sudden decision that the last chapter needs rewrite may be of entirely your own accord or not, since I did see a particularly negative review for it a while ago...

I think perhaps you should rethink that train of thought; the way I see it, you crafted that chapter the way you wanted it to be. Like you said yourself, this is your story, not mine, not any other reviewer's, and you put what you want in it. You'll have to excuse if I'm making assumptions here, but it's kinda hard not to tbh lol

Truth is, it's also quite clear that a lot of people really like what you did as well. I unfortunately can't say that I'm one of them, but you know what? That doesn't matter.

This is Fanfiction, where you put what you want into a story, without having to worry about satisfying absolutely every single reader that drops by; obviously there are some standards you might want to follow, sure, but the point still stands that this is a place where you should be able to write what you want and express it.

I think you're an absolutely phenomenal writer from just a technical perspective, well above many others on this site (including myself, so don't mistake this as an experienced or professional writer's opinion lol), and if your sudden desire to go back and rewrite your last chapter because you think it's "half-assed, distracted fantasies of self-fulfillment" is in fact because of people like me who aren't entirely satisfied with how it turned out, fuck 'em.

Like I said, it's Fanfiction, it's okay if the story is a 'fantasy of self-fulfillment', it's all just escapism.

So yeah, I might not entirely support what route you've decided to take, but I figure if you made that decision in the first place, you made it for a good reason. So stand by it, because you sure as hell have a lot of other supporters as well.
Revennon chapter 23 . 4/23/2014
Random question, is "House Sunspear" in any way inspired by House Martell from the Song of Ice and Fire? I'm just curious.
Lushard chapter 25 . 4/5/2014
Wow. That's all I can huff after reading this story of yours. Your way of writing is very captivating, deeply so, coupled with your skills in manipulating words to represent your characters, it's all very charming.

I'll be just glad to wait for another update as long as this story is not dropped. I truly understand it, the balancing that most fanfiction authors have to accustom themselves to between fantasies and reality as I'm myself still stuck in a murky place called college.

Keep writing! :D
Lazy Spark chapter 25 . 2/19/2014
If all I have to do is wait for two months, fine. Three months, six months doesn't bother me. God knows there's authors on this site who just stop writing for a year and most don't bother to take the time to write a message like you did.
Good luck by the way, in your 'A-level equivalent'.
AbsenceOfTruth chapter 25 . 2/15/2014
I think youre making a good choice and the fact that youre aware of your current short comings is a great display of self awareness
anon chapter 25 . 2/15/2014
has someone dissed this story? why its bloody amazing, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, okay? your writing is phenomenal and the storyline is intriguing. ignore anyone who would dare question the way you write, because damn it, you are one hell of a writer.
armondram77 chapter 25 . 2/15/2014
Hey man, as a fellow fanfic writer I totally get where you are coming from. Sometimes real life has gotta take precedence over our fictional worlds. I do the same thing. Published the latest chapter of my fic right after the new year and I havent even begun drafting the next chapter yet. Its been almost 2 months. Also now that ive gone back and reread some chapters I don't like how they flow and am thinking about some rewrites.

So do what you have to do and us readers will be glad when you get a chance to write again. :-D
Insert Valid Author Name chapter 25 . 2/15/2014
Don't worry about it. Just remember what's more important - what puts food on the table, or what's fun. Besides, you should start getting used to times like these, especially when you start college. It ain't easy.

Good luck on your tests!
Smeehan98 chapter 25 . 2/15/2014
Well, good luck with your exams or whatever they're called in Hong Kong. Will keep this on the follows until you return.
Michaelkoc1 chapter 24 . 1/23/2014
What the hell is going on?
This story was brilliant until a few chapters ago.. The fight with Harkin was just ridiculously over the top, Harkin leaving him alive was just too silly and Nocturnels little lesson is silly as well. He only used one shout the whole fight too. The hero gets beaten and then rises up and wins in the end? Its so cliché but the way you wrote it was so over the top. Also the soul cairn was Seranas mothers place, how did Harkin find it?
Now he has lost two fingers and was poisoned.. It just seems so unnecessary. And of course instead of giving chase to the scum bag they lie down and have sex when the whole town has been slaughtered and Lydia too.

I swear this story was brilliant, and i mean that! it was so well written and i loved your Serana but everything just took a turn for the silly these last couple of chapters.
Once again i will say it cause i have written quite the lengthy critique but most of your story was great!
Michaelkoc1 chapter 23 . 1/23/2014
Wow this Dragonborn is weak as shit.. He absolutley got his ass kicked. How cliche also
Kteriz chapter 24 . 1/21/2014
have to say, really love your story. it's one of the few male dragonborn x Serana fics I've seen. And I must say, you've done an amazing job with this fic. The banter with Nocturnal is something that I really enjoy, I do have to ask then. Has Arcturus helped any other Daedric lords? My other question is about the his past with the Dark brotherhood why doesn't the Night mother Haunt him, since he killed off the DB after becoming thr listener.
Anyway, keep up the great work, can't wait for chapter 25!
Guest chapter 24 . 12/31/2013
DAYUMM SHE FUCKED HIM AND SUCKED HIM AFTER
Urgon Shade-bane chapter 23 . 12/31/2013
Ok so.. If serana had taken a part of Art's soul, it would've been cheating? How so? Sorry I'm a tad slow ;;