Reviews for Trail of Gossip
KageNoNeko chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I felt this was the right length for a one is quite an awesome piece.
The Mocking J chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Ok, so I know I reviewed before, but I find my previous comments to be completely unworthy of this amazing story. (Still I understand if this review doesn't turn up in case it counts as spam.)
This is, undoubtedly, my absolute favourite Layton/Emmy fanfic, and one of your best oneshots.
When I saw the trailer for PL6, I was heartbroken that this meant the end for my favourite character and ship. Inevitably, everyone knew Emmy had to leave Layton somehow. It would be like the Unwound Future epilogue all over again. The events in your story are what I could only dream followed Unwound Future- Layton realizing that he could never forget Claire, but falling in love with Emmy too.
Anyway, enough about my satisfied Layton/Emmy feels. I love how the story brings a lot of Layton's old friends together, and every reference made me incredibly happy (e.g. Layton visiting Clive, Rosetta, Granny Riddleton, Sammy Thunder etc.). Its great how you give Rosa and Grosky and Hannah some focus. (They hardly ever get attention.) You characterisation is wonderful, especially with Layton. He constantly thinks about being a gentleman but his forgetfulness and other faults make him much more human. :')
I hope this did win the contest you mentioned in your Author's Note, because it definitely deserves to.
kittyreilly chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
this is so sweet! :) favourited :)
Silvara chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
This is the first fanfiction I read on this pairing that has the characters perfectly fleshed out. Everything makes sense, the length is definitely a plus and I appreciate that it has not been split into chapters, because is a little annoying to wait for the next when a story makes more sense as one unit.
I cannot see a fault to this story and will eagerly wait to read whatever you have to write on Hershel Layton. :)
Waterpokemon chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
I love it. Soooo funny! Never imagined the prof and Emmy working together so well! Oh yes this is going on my favourites list111
staircase chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
I was looking for a Layton fic with substance, and this really delivered. In-character, well-written, and long - very satisfying :)
Celeste K. Raven chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
This was a lot longer than I expected it to be, but I found myself enjoying it. Professor Layton and romance are hard things to mix together in an believable way for a lot of reasons, but you did very well keeping everyone in character. I like how many characters from the games you used; at first I didn't remeber some of them but after a couple references I was like 'Oh, yeah... I used to think that guy\girl was funny.'

I particuarly liked Grosky, who was spot on. I can picture Rosa being friends with Granny Riddlton, inviting her over to Layton's office without permission, and Layton being too much of a gentleman to tell them to get out. :)

Write On!
BJXCBFOREVER chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Wow...just wow. Blew my mind. I don't usually dip into the Professor Layton fics on here (despite the fact I'm a huge fan of the games), but I'm glad I did this time.
That was perfect! Everyone was in character and the plot was amazing! I think you've got me liking this pairing now. :)
Well done.
WayBeyondInfinity chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I loved this! It was so funny wnd cute, and I loved how it ended. I can totally see Layton saying that kind of stuff.
Roma Vane chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
(Can't log in from my phone. Argh!) AWWWWWOTPNESS! Love it SO MUCH! As soon as I saw the name SamCyberCat and I thought "Oh, it's gonna be good for sure. Love it!
The Mocking J chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Awesome, awesome EmmyXLayton oneshot! I like how you included the part about Claire and how their relationship was mature and stuff.