Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book I: The Coming Storm — Remastered Edition
Gracekim1 chapter 2 . 11/1/2016
This is really good so far. Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2016
I CAN'T BELIEVE AS A 67 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER (MY 11 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER DOWNLOADED THIS FOR ME TO READ) THAT I AM ALREADY HOOKED! *****
jeremy1555 chapter 2 . 1/2/2015
Wow okay first off you shouldn't have put the entire scene where Nuka dies from beginning to end, "you coulda just said Simba awoke with a fright, having relived Zira's ambush" also how does Simba know exactly what happened to Nuka? and Kovu? and what Vitanni was thinking? lots of things wrong with this chapter, but I still like it.
jeremy1555 chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
I like it so far, its very interesting.
Jacob chapter 2 . 11/1/2014
I wonder if Kopa will ever be the Villain in one fanfic,
Where do I have to go to write one anyways ?
Asaf chapter 8 . 8/1/2014
A short, epilogue-like chapter, which I should have expected.

So Afua's alive. I wonder how that'll make a difference in the future. I'm also curious as to why Afua hasn't returned home. Why hasn't Simba contacted Malka to let him know his son was alive? Or is he unaware of the connection between them?
Jenga is alive as well. I'm not surprised by her identity, but I do know that she's not going to give up very quickly.

This wasn't a very long story but it was a wonderful read nonetheless!
Asaf chapter 7 . 8/1/2014
That was awfully rude of you to get my hopes up like that, but this chapter was great nonetheless.

I liked the way you had Malka come around as Siri confronted him. Also, Kopa's flashbacks at the gorge made a lot of sense too and were placed in perfectly.
I didn't expect the whole thing with this hostile pride to be over so quickly, but it probably isn't over. I wonder if we'll find out who the leader was (even though I have a hunch) and if anybody survived the avalanche.
Asaf chapter 6 . 8/1/2014
I don't know what to say about Tumaini and the accident, really, since I don't know the details yet. I have a feeling I'm going to find out at some point, though.

I'm getting more and more eager to see what happens once Kopa reaches Pride Rock (in his parents' and sister's regard & Vitani's regard & in regard of this hostile pride). I hope he gets there in time to warn everyone.
Asaf chapter 5 . 8/1/2014
Wow, this has to be the most emotional chapter so far. I never read a fanfic where Vitani was not only there but also indirectly took part in her mother's evil plan. That was a very nice and unexpected addition on your part. The guilt definitely enhances her difficulty of feeling like she belongs in the Pridelands.

I also liked the confrontation between her and Nala. I always imagined what could have possibly gone on between the two of them and you carried it out well.
Asaf chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
I forgot to mention that I think you've done a splendid job describing Vitani's emotions and confusion through the flashbacks and what not so far.

Looks like the earthquake pretty much saved Kopa and his friend back there. Now it seems like they're getting very close to Pride Rock. You're also able to keep track of multiple things that are going on at once without getting mixed up.
It's a little ironic how getting hit on the head made Kopa lose his memories while making Kiara recall something she most likely shouldn't have been able to recall.
Asaf chapter 3 . 7/31/2014
I obviously hope they can get away from Jehera and her lot...

It seems like Vitani's old friend will be able to help her out, even if very slowly, which is a sight for sore eyes. Although the meaning of her name does concern me a little...

As for the ending of the chapter, I wonder what will happen from that point and how it will it serve the plot. I'm sure there's a reason you've put it there.

As always - very well written. :)
Asaf chapter 2 . 7/31/2014
I have a feeling that this lioness from Simba's dream is his half sister or something. Possibly the leader of that unfriendly group from Mount Tempest.

I wonder what does Tumaini's past hold and whether it's somehow connected to everything. I like how Simba's aware of Vitani's difficulties and how he's trying to help her however he can. Kopa's portrayal appeals to me as well because it reminds me of how I'm planning to portray him myself - especially his kindness. It goes with his name, really.

So it looks like Kopa and Tumaini will be helping Siri deliver the message to Pride Rock. This should be quite interesting.
Asaf chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
Hi! Guess who? :D

I'm still not home and have no idea when I will be, but I figured it's about time I got to reading your stories.

So far I'm really liking this. Not knowing these lions' reasons for wanting to take over Pride Rock is drawing, in a way, and the manner in which their leader listens to what her followers have to say makes the entire group seem like a much more dangerous threat. Siri, Malka and the rest of their lot obviously know Simba somehow and I hope that Siri makes it safely.

Writing wise, if this first chapter is anything to go by, this story and its sequels are very well written and put together. You've definitely made a good first impression with this chapter.
I'm looking forward to seeing what role Kopa will have here.
LoveNeverDies8 chapter 5 . 3/22/2014
I shed a few tears during this chapter. ..
Halofanon Matt chapter 9 . 1/25/2014
Alright, I'm finally done with Book I (again, sorry it took so long, dude...), so here's my thoughts:

The Good:
*Good characters - while I've never read any of the Lion King EU material, I like your take on characters from that so far. I don't know if it's consistent with that material or not, but I like it, especially your take on Kopa. I'm really curious where you'll take his character. Tumaini was pretty cool too, and I'm eager to learn more about Janga and her associates. Kudos for also doing good takes on characters from Simba's Pride - you really got me to feel sorry for Vitani and Nuka.
*Supporting/improving events from Simba's Pride - while I'd argue LK2 is one of the better disney DTV sequels (not saying much, but still), the Vitani POV really manages to put the events of that movie in a much better, more relatable context. The climax of the battle between Zira's & Simba's prides was pretty lame and contrived in the movie IMO, but in this story you managed to make it much more understandable. Kudos for that.
*Weaving new and EU elements into the "canon" - there aren't really any parts of this story that feels out of place in the LK universe; it all feels like a believable continuation of the story. Perhaps it's your Halofanon experience kicking in ;)
*Shenzi, Banzai & Ed cameo - sure, it was for a short time, but it was nice to see them. Now if only you could have somehow brought back Scar...

The Bad:
*The plotquake - the earthquake felt a little contrived. I mean, I can see why you did it, and having it impact other things in later chapters mitigated my feelings on it somewhat, but it still felt like a contrived device to move the plot along.
*Malka's forgiveness - maybe I'm just a heartless git, but I felt Malka changed his mind about Tumaini a little too quickly. It seemed to me like their tense relationship could have been continued for a few more chapters at least, while at the same time building up their reconciliation a bit more. Heck, it could have produced some tension in Tumaini's relationship with Kopa, if the latter were to learn about the former's past. Although, maybe this is explored more in future stories, in which case you can ignore this point - and it's a nitpick, anyway.

Overall, this was a good start. LK is one of my favorite Disney movies ever, so it's great to see some quality fanfiction about it too - especially after growing up and finding the official sequels wanting.

Rating: B/A- (somewhere in-between those two)
180 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »