Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book I: The Coming Storm — Remastered Edition
EpitomyofShyness chapter 11 . 6/19
OH HELL YES! We finally reach the pay off and it is FREAKING AWESOME!

Oh my god the dialog in this chapter, there literally isn't a single moment that I don't love. Kopa get's confronted with so many difficult concepts and choices and he begins to come into his own, taking the views of his 'elders' (since Tumaini basically raised him) and choosing to acknowledge them while going his own way. I love that Kopa faces the enormity of what he has done, but chooses to stand by it. So awesome!
Loki God of Evil chapter 2 . 6/14
Is Kopa a bit of a daredevil then? A bit rebellious I like that and I like the fact that during his distanced recovery away from his worried family (who likely think him dead), that he has found a good companion to nurse him back to health. Tumaini seems what I would call emotional, dark and secretive, choosing to keep himself distanced.

It figures that Zira would have something to do with Kopa's disappearance. She always had a soft spot for Scar than for Mufasa. And what she did to Kopa as a cub, explains well how he came to end up as an adolescent lion being cared for by another.

I also liked the introduction of Simba, Nala, Kovu, Vitani, and Kiara.
Reddepth chapter 12 . 6/13
9/10
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 12 . 6/12
Too bad Kopa wasn't still nearby: would've been a family reunion. Even though he probably would've been looked down upon for killing the lions and nearly killing his aunt...

I give this story a 9. :)
Haradion chapter 12 . 6/12
Very nice work, loving the reveal of Janga's parentage. That's going to take new readers by surprise.
I feel you've jumped the shark a little with revealing Chumvi's past. That might have been nice to leave for a little longer, maybe just have been suggestive that he was hurt by Zira, rather than be explicit over it.
He barely knows Kopa, and revealing such a deeply personal thing to him, especially something he clearly is very uncomfortable about, struck me as odd.

However, I did enjoy this sequence, and the reunion of Kion and Simba is going to be interesting to say the least. I can't wait to see him meeting Vitani, Kovu and the other Outlanders.

Congratulations on completing your first Remastery. I'm working on the second rewrite of mine at the moment.
Gracekim1 chapter 12 . 6/12
Whoa! What an ending! I did not see that coming. I really enjoyed this story a lot. It keeps you guessing what could happen next. I look forward to what else you'll be doing with these characters (I'd be happy to help with ideas if you need it. But only if you want to of course ) great job. It was great 'seeing' Kion again.
Good luck with your next projects
Jaeson Chandler chapter 12 . 6/12
I can't wait for the second book, (:
Loki God of Evil chapter 1 . 6/12
I like how you've done your research in the first paragraph, it makes it seem far more realistic when you identify certain key parts and places.

It seems that Janga didn't really want to do this but as part of a pride she had no choice or perhaps she didn't want to be banished. Such is life I guess, but I can't help but feel a sense of pity for Siri.

Also piqued for what lies ahead for the Pridelanders, it's quite a tense cliffhanger, more so now that Siri is at risk (She is the eavesdropper right?)
Reddepth chapter 11 . 6/11
Would Janga and 7 lions be able to take down Simba's entire pride, even if it is an ambush? And I have a sneaking suspicion that a certain black maned character really is dead this time. I hope not. I look forward to book II.
Jaeson Chandler chapter 11 . 6/11
I'm just gonna out right guess Kovu is Chumvi's son lol, good chapter by the way. (:
Gracekim1 chapter 11 . 6/11
Whoah! That was incredible! Is the reunion happening next?
The suspense is killing me
But great job again
EpitomyofShyness chapter 10 . 6/10
I freaking loved the exchange between Fujo and Kopa, fantastically done.

YAY Siri and Tumaini are finally united with Malka and the others. People are starting to meet up and its awesome.
PokeKing Charizard chapter 10 . 6/4
Ooh man! This is getting good! I'm so excited for the next chapter! Please keep cranking them out and feed my Lion King appetite!
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 10 . 6/4
So either Fujo thought Kopa was the one who roared earlier, or he knew a roar at this point would freak out the bad lions.
Dang... don't remember Tumaini's mom dying like that in the original story...
Haradion chapter 10 . 6/3
Ooh dear.
So many people hating each others guts here. This is one REALLY messed up Pride.
It makes Scar and Mufasa look like a quiet family spat.

I rather suspect the Pridelanders - even the average lioness - are going to be a little shocked and disappointed in their mountain brethren being so divided. Especially as their supposed to be working together.

Ooh.
There is a fun thought.
Simba is Malka's friend, and is going to see things from Malka's view.
But Chumvi is more Nala's friend than Simba's from the way he talked about them.

Could be interesting if they have different Bias's. Towards the mountain Pride. When they meet up of course.

The Story is progressing faster than I remembered it the first time round - which is a good thing, I think. The pacing was a little inconsistent the first time round.

In all, a really fun Chapter, and some great work.
241 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »