Reviews for A Slice of the Moon
Fire The Canon chapter 2 . 12/15/2012
I really enjoyed this one. I thought you portrayed this relationship really well. You didn't make them like best friends or anything. They became friends through an understanding of losing children, which I thought was really beautiful. This was a very enjoyable read. Well done.
The Original Horcrux chapter 6 . 11/23/2012
That was a really interesting take on Regulus' death. I really liked it because, while it stood true to the canon of the books, it jus had its own little touch and I really liked that. Very well written and well done :)
The Original Horcrux chapter 4 . 11/23/2012
This was amazing.

It's not how I usually characterise Astoria but it was a nice change and I love reading different opinions that people have on minor characters. There were two parts in this that made the entire story for me. The part where she sees Slughorn and knows that he's thinking 'at least some of my house have stayed' that was just bloody brilliant because it shows how much some Slytherins differ from others and they're not all bad.

and the second one was the very last line. It was so meaningful to what was happening and I love the change in Astoria's mindset from the beginning to the end. Brilliant job!
The Original Horcrux chapter 5 . 11/22/2012
Aww I loved the way that this was written with Percy's regret and everything and the fact that he was so upset about having said those things. I think the conversation with Arthur was incredibly realistic becasue it just shows how blinded by ambition Percy was back then.

There were a few spelling mistakes here and there, but nothing that detracted from the story :)
Great job!
dragonflybeach chapter 6 . 11/21/2012
This was just amazing. I love the bond between Regulus and Kreacher, and the way Regulus was ready to give his own life to stop Voldemort.

There were a few more SPaG errors in this one. You might want to re-read it.
dragonflybeach chapter 4 . 11/21/2012
I like the characterization of Astoria here, that she's not prejudiced and is courageous and conniving enough to rebel quietly against the Carrows with her own little group. Well written story, couple minor errors, but nothing that detracted really.
dragonflybeach chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
Awww, poor Percy. Of course he would be missing his family, after they had been so close for so many years. Great job of showing his regrets.
inkteardrops chapter 6 . 11/21/2012
I find Regulus such an interesting character and your portrayal is spot-on. I also love the imagery you create within the last chapter.
inkteardrops chapter 4 . 11/21/2012
I like stories in which Astoria is portrayed as fighting against the Carrow's regime and this is good. The last line really sums up the whole thing.
inkteardrops chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
I do rather like Percy fics and this is no exception. I really like how you have interpreted the moon into the piece.
glowing neon chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
I love the idea that Astoria isn't a blood supremacist, especially after reading so many stories where she's worse than Draco in that respect. You've built her personality well, which is really handy because she was only mentioned a few times in the books and most of the fandom has their own idea of who she is, and her progression of rebellion allows us to see your idea of who she is. Awesome work here! :D
slightlysmall chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
I really like the way you've characterized Astoria and showed her take on the Carrow regime. She seems like a good person here, and I love how she is so torn. There are a lot of canon issues with it, though (that I probably wouldn't have known if I hadn't written a multi-chap about this year...): Colin Creevey, as well as all Muggle-borns, didn't come back at all - not just after Christmas break. While Luna left after Christmas, Ginny was around until the Easter holidays. There are also a few SPaG errors, but overall, I really enjoyed this. It's nice to see that year from the perspective of a good Slytherin, and one who stayed to fight. Nicely done.
slightlysmall chapter 6 . 11/18/2012
I think this was a really great look into Regulus's life then. I haven't read a story about this time that was so detailed, and you do it well. You capture the House Elf way of speaking well also, which can be hard to do I think. Very nicely done.
AmzyD chapter 6 . 11/16/2012
I loved how you showed the emotion so well here, and you have Regulus characterised perfectly.
AmzyD chapter 4 . 11/16/2012
I really loved how you portray Astoria here! Most people write all Slytherins with the same traits, cowardly and evil and dark. But I like how you broke the trend here and portrayed a true Slytherin. The way you conveyed her to us was beautiful and your writing is flawless here