Reviews for Between Heaven and The Abyss
BayouWraith chapter 34 . 12/27/2013
Oh...so very very good
Ninaaargh chapter 28 . 10/7/2013
Gnnnnnnnh! Everything about this is just fucking fantastic. I've always been curious about the DA lore, and you're doing it beautiful justice. I started with Misadventures and haven't been able to stop since :)
LeanoraPascault chapter 34 . 6/19/2013
Made me laugh. Made me cry. Made my heart race, ache and soar. And left me bittersweet happy. You pulled all the wonderful DA world of characters that I have grown to love soo much together and made a thoroughly enjoyable and well thought out tale. Thank you!
ladyraena13 chapter 34 . 5/24/2013
I read both the Misadventures of Mari Hawke and Between Heaven and the Abyss...It was soooooo great, cannot tell you how many times I cried during this one with the kids. Loved it!
HereLies chapter 34 . 3/5/2013
I'm catching up on reviews today and this story had to be the first. This ending is so happy for everyone, and yet, it's sad too. I'm not quite sure why, because there's such promise in it, but I'm still a little weepy from it. Maybe I'm sad because it's over. Let's go with that.

I love how you managed to redeem Anders. Of all the love interests, he certainly got the shaft in the game as far as end stories go; Isabella gets her boat (and Hawke), Fenris kills his master (and gets Hawke), Merrill comes close on the bad ending scale, having lost her keeper and possibly her whole tribe, but Anders- poor man gets turned into a monster and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Except write a story to fix him! Which you have done and I'm very grateful for. Well done you!

I'm curious if anything more is going to come from this storyline: will there be more adventures for Hawke and Fenris? What about Melody and Erynon? Zevan and Cuel? I understand if you need a break, but I'd also be grateful for anything more with these great characters.

Finally, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful work with us! It's been a truly exceptional story and I've enjoyed it very much!
zoedigz13 chapter 34 . 2/22/2013
Oh Wintry! What a gorgeous epilogue :D *cries ecstatic tears*

Mari got to have some closure with Farrell, Melody got to see Anders again and speak with Farrell - it was perfect! And Anders - the Steward of the Golden City! I adore his happy ending! And Melody wondering where she will go when she dies and Anders' response... "Why would you ever limit yourself that way?" - glorious!

Congratulations on completing your wonderful story! I look forward to future one-shots and following your other future stories *hugs*
HikariYagami22 chapter 34 . 2/21/2013
So, Farrell was older? Like an adult?

I don't know why I'm still surprised. He was always smart and precocious, that his new wise and powerful image it's easy formed in my mind. I can imagine him with those fancy and cool robes and a gentle smile on his face, like those kind mages of the movies.

So, that's what happened to Anders? You were too way kind to him. You were serious about the reward part. In the end, he earned that second chance. After all, he's free from Justice, and his disturbed mind already suffered enough. I just hope he cherish this second chance, and made a good use of his new powers.
I can't help myself - I'm kinda wishing for his good, against my feelings towards him, cuz I know that Melody loves him and if something happens to him, she would suffer so... ah, you got it.

Those magic kids and their strange power to change the others' feelings...! -_-

Ah, and I love the sight of the Golden city singing for Melody just like she did for them. It was a wonderful vision! And the Little text in the end.. .well, ended it perfectly :)

Nice done! And strangely, I'm happy. I'm not feeling those emptiness like I felt with the end of Mari's. Maybe because It's not an end, after all.

Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us! I loved it!
See you in the next one! XD
HikariYagami22 chapter 33 . 2/21/2013
Hawke's sorrow breaks my heart so much... even more after hearing Melody's sobs...so sad :(
But I know that Farell will be with them, no matter what! He's a Hawke after all, and they will be forever bond, no matter where they are :)

I love Mythal explanation about the ring - very clever! We all knows that Mari and Fenris will be never apart, but hearing this of a God is an unique experience, right? When can't see the force of their morthal love being recognized by such powerful forces like their was :D

I already told ya what I thought about Eryn and Melody, the fangirl attack and such. I love them both so much! They're on my top favorite couples :D

Zev and CĂșel scene was amazing, too. It made me giggle when he call her back to his arms :D
Even more when he was spying on Melody!

Next!
Senkawolf chapter 34 . 2/19/2013
Finished reading this at 17:07 and I must say that ending was butiful I almost cried and a lot of these parts you write these story's so efficiently and detailed it makes the story come to life you're an amazing writer and you got the personality of all the characters really well and I have no more to say/write its hard to explain his good you are at this I have no words to explain this but for now you are brilliant ;D
FenZev chapter 34 . 2/19/2013
So the pressure is on to write an epic review for an epic story... Not even sure where to begin, so let's start at the beginning?

It goes beyond this story though if you go to the beginning, you'd have to go to Misadventures. That's where it all started, the love of Hawke and Fenris creating these two. Even from birth, when Fenris named Melody for her first chirps of song and then Farrell's stubbornness to come out and be born and then refusing to cry... their strength started from day one and their parents union gave it to them.

You brought everyone back from Misadventures to lend their skills and support to the twins and even gave us two new characters to adore with Cuel and Erynon. Death didn't even keep Anders from making an appearance here, and he ended up with perhaps the best ending of them all after such a tragic one in Misadventures.

34 chapters. 90,000 words. And hidden inside is one epic tale of not one, but two topics of Thedas history that not many have the courage to even touch. The Black City, the Maker, Old Gods, Wardens and the Source, Darkspawn, Legion of the Dead, the Dalish and their Gods, the Fade, Dread Wolf, Elgar'nan, Mythal, Dumat, omg I could keep going and going with the amount of stuff you had going in this story. But what surprised me the most was how flawlessly you made it all make sense, and intertwined both to create this amazing world for the Beyond that was dealing with its own struggles as much as Thedas was. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of research you had to do for all of this...it seriously blows my mind that you managed to not only keep it close to cannon but didn't completely fry my brain with the massive amount of history you tackled.

Instead you put it out there through the eyes of those learning about it as well, and created an epic adventure indeed for the twins to take on. Backed by the strength of their parents, these two were forced to grow up fast and take on the problems of both worlds, and they came out on top. Sure they had an epic ending, sure they made awesome decisions all on their own, and I can love and praise them forever...but it's you, the author, that allowed this to happen. You gave them life in Misadventures, but you really nurtured them here and gave them their individuality, while still reflecting some of their parents within them.

I know completing this story is a huge relief for you, so I congratulate you on another successful story. I am thankful you allowed me to take part in some of it, though I still think you give me much more credit than I deserve. A simple nudge here or there is nothing compared to what you've written... this was all you, and it's something you can be proud of. I know I'm proud of it, and of you, and I look forward to the many more adventures that you can now indulge in.

Of course you know this is only the beginning for them...muahahahaha ;)
GlysMari chapter 34 . 2/19/2013
Well Wintry... you're getting a standing ovation whether you want one or not.
*clapclapclapclapclapclapclap clapclapclapclapclapclapclap clap clapclap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap cla p* My hands are tired so I'm going to stop now.
PoisonedChuugoku chapter 34 . 2/19/2013
:D Yay! Wonderful ending! I'm so happy... :D
Jaden Anderson chapter 34 . 2/19/2013
Beautiful ending :)

I'm not sure I can give you a review as good as this story deserves. It's incredible, the tale you've woven. And no matter what hardships came on down on you, you fought through them, found the solution and the story just grew into this epic tale. Two characters that you created from nothing have both become these imaginable people. I hear them in my thoughts and see then when I'm reading of them. You did them justice, and an author could ask for nothing more. So much you brought to life; the fade, the golden city, the architect, Anders - to make him the hero of this story, to grant him a place at the Maker's side, I feel this was a beautiful ending for him, even if he wasn't returned to earth like I wanted lol. That's all right, this fits perfectly together.

I'm very excited for this to end, because I know what lays beyond this and I can't wait to watch you begin all that you have planned. I can't wait to see what the future brings for you. You're so talented and I'm happy to be a part of your life :)
EkoCentric chapter 34 . 2/19/2013
Congratulations! You have done a wonderful again and again. Thank you for introducing these fantastic characters, stories, adventures to us reader. Meanwhile I think I'll enjoy your other projects after which I'll counting the days for the future one-shots you promise ;)
As for the epilogue, I don't think I can put more words than how brilliant it is. You wrap all things up nicely and also give a hint for what might come next (such wicked writer, you are! lol)
Good luck with the new adventures!
*hugs*
csorciere chapter 34 . 2/19/2013
Maker's breath! You brought tears again! I love that Mythal sent Farrell to see Mari in her Fade dreams. She really needed to be able to talk to him. I think Mythal the protector knew how Mari would be feeling and granted her at least that small concession. I'd like to think it was because Mari herself is a great protector of those she loves and those that cannot do for themselves. At least she was able to see him and ask questions. I think that Farrell was honestly a much better choice to elevate to god status than Erynon. Erynon has had so much loss and anger in his life while Farrell has always maintained a level-head even in distress. Maybe I'm a little biased though since Farrell is Fenris and Mari's son. ;)

I had to smile at Anders being made the right hand of the Maker. I think that's wonderful for him. It felt good to know that while he suffered in life (partially due to his own shoddy life choices), that he has found something that satisfies him in death. He still gets to help people, and let's be honest, when Anders sets his mind to it, he's really effective at helping other people. I just wish he had learned how to be that way for himself in life.

Beautiful epilogue, I have to say I was curious about everyone and more, but since you say you've got some more one-shots in mind, I will not inundate you with my mundane questions. *hugs* Congratulations on the completion of this story! I know I've said it, but I'll say it again I love these characters, and I, too, am looking forward to Varric's True Story next.