Reviews for Saints and Spirits, Spirits and Saints
RisingSm0ke chapter 4 . 5/4/2014
HOLD ON A MINUTE. Freshness is key nothing else will suffice (I am SO MAD at myself for not catching that the first time I read this). Where is that line from? I know it from a song (Graverobbers At Large- by Creature Feature) but Creature Feature has a tendency to borrow lines for their lyrics, so I'm not sure if that's the line's origin.
Also this fic is fucking badass, I love it. HiNaBN fics where Conrad isn't a complete sissy, yet still keeps his personality, are my favorite. So awesome job! :) Did you make up the description for the Wild Hunt? Or is their appearance based on something?
Dr. Bauhaus chapter 4 . 10/23/2013
This was such a freaking treat. I know this was published last year, but it's October of 2013 and nothing sets the mood more than a good Halloween story. I seriously devoured every word of this fic.

Specifics and needlessly long paragraphs are always grand, yes?

• I loved how you shaped the concept of how things went down in the past with Tibenoch, actually going full canon, and leaving that a complete mystery to Worth (the 'main character' that the story and readers follow, as far as being the character with the most introspect and even narration in areas) just as the canon left such a mystery to its mass of loyal fans. Throughout the story we see Worth questioning what had happened, of which is never fully answered or explained, Worth being left in the dark, just as the longing fans were for some sort of answer or conclusion to the canon cut-off of the comic. Serious Kudos to you for the homage. Anyway, it gives us not only more of a connection to Worth and where he's coming from, but shows fantastic use of canon mystery to incorporate into the story. It's one of the main reasons the final few paragraphs of the story hit so hard with the basic, "I'll tell you if you tell me" act. Love it when Worth and Conrad find themselves on equal ground, Conrad now being in the dark with an entirely different matter, albeit still with Tibenoch, which only makes it that much more awesome and meaningful.

• And whilst on the subject of Tibenoch: your characterization of him was absolutely phenomenal. I don't ever remember a split-personality disorder (I actually don't remember if that was canon or not), but in any case, you portrayed him beautifully.

• The Frankenstein concept was genius. That's what I love about your stories and the stories in your fandom-canon series. Nothing's ever just random and tasteless like in so many fanfiction stories these days. Instead, everything has meaning and there's a theme that's followed. For this story, it was lied out in the beginning with Worth and Mr. Zombie talking about Frankenstein, the depth to which is followed all the way to the end, in which Tibenoch pretty much becomes Dr. Frankenstein himself, Mr. Zombie his monster. That was simply beautiful and poetic.

• The Lamont thing's been bugging me for quite some time, having read the entire fanfiction-canon up to this point. There's been these subtle mentions around Lamont's cross here and there so far, but nothing deeper or more significant than that. So seeing Lamont come to life (in characterization, that is) both explained certain things and brought a bit of closure not just to Worth, but to me as a reader. It was totally awesome to see and their close, personal relationship really shined through beautifully. The fact that Lamont 'sees everything' in regards to Worth is also pretty interesting, and his advice was cute and just awesome.

• The Wild Hunt was amazing and if I wasn't convinced that Worth was a total badass before (of which it's safe to say that I most certainly was), I'm convinced now. Despite their semi-platonic love-hate relationship, Worth and Conrad make a fantastic team. Trevin calling them out and actually asking if they were together made me laugh so hard. And Conrad completely bitching out Worth when Worth offered himself for the Hunt made me squirm with joyful hilarity. That guy.

Okay, okay. I'll stop now before the comment box explodes with gush. I do have one question though. There was a line in the story that mentioned that Worth had seen Conrad cry exactly once. I don't remember this happening in the canon or the fanfiction-canon series that I've read so far. Has this been written in the past and overlooked on my part, or was it meant to be a mystery at this point in the series, allowing for a flashback to be shown or an explanation to be had later on, in a different story in the series?

In any case, again, I ADORED this seasonal piece. Thanks for sharing!
(And now to continue my amazing journey through the series!)
leaky.oven chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
oAo

my emotions
bitwise-0 chapter 4 . 12/7/2012
I've read all the stories in this AU now, and I must say that out of all the various monsters and antagonists they've faced so far, I think the Hunt is my favorite. The whole scenario is just the right amount of creepy, and it's interesting enough to carry a story. And do I sense that this isn't the last we've seen of the Patron of the Hunt? ;)
Anyway, I loved this story. Bravo!
Turquoise.ebonyfox chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
Is there going to be a second part to this?
Cacodaemonia chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
Oh shit, I didn't realize this last chapter was going to be so intense! For some reason I was thinking that Conrad and Worth would have missed all the rearranging of Zombie parts, but wow, no, this was way better! Gah, I feel so bad for Zombie, all tied up with everyone else asleep and a crazy person shuffling around his insides. D: And Trevin. That kinda sucked for him. A lot. It was so sad and sweet how Worth and Zombie tried to rush Hanna and Conrad out of there without them realizing what had happened. And, god, the forehead-to-forehead bit, and the blood-coffee (you sneaky authors, getting Conrad to take the drug, too), and Worth and Zombie kinda having brotimes. ;;

I read this last night before bed, which was a huge mistake, since I couldn't stop thinking about it and wondering what's going to happen next, and what did Ples take, and what is he going to make with Zombie parts and Trevin eyeballs, etc? Gah! You guys kill me. 3
MurderousBunnies chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
Wonderful job, as always. Took quite an unsuspecting turn as well. I can't express how much I adore your work or how you continue my love for this comic through your words. I can only beg and plead for more. (Or if you'd ever like to pursue that comic idea, I wouldn't hesitate at all.) I understand how terribly busy you are, but I sincerely hope you'll be writing more in the future. The wait for this chapter was much worth it (no pun intended). Your timing somehow always amazes me as you update when I'm at my least just to cheer me up again.
No matter what, continue your lovely writings.
Tobi Is My Name chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
You shall not bruise today, Desdemona! The Guard-Tobi be on duty! Grr, Grr, fear me! I loved it, just loved it and yeah, did anyone /not/ see Ples pulling the one-eighty? C'mon, the dude is a slippery psycho with a grudge! I so happy.
Knocks chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
Sigh. Not entirely a happy ending, but good writing. :-)
I am so pleased you updated!
KnittWitt chapter 4 . 12/4/2012
I had a terrible long work day and all coherent thought has left the building. This was really fucking creepy. Baw. My emotions. Also, I love everything you write and don't ever stop and maybe I'll text you more real words and stuff tomorrow. MWAH.
LoliPear the WaltzQueen chapter 4 . 12/4/2012
OKAY THAT WAS HORRID. Not everything disturbs me so, but this, did. I admit even i did no see the drugged coffee coming, though i should have. no one leaves liquid gold out for the people they are lack mailing unless they need it to be drunk. I just...no. I am going to have nightmares now.
Kohl chapter 4 . 12/4/2012
Aw, and I liked Trevin, too.

I was going to be going to bed but pfft sleep is for the weak. I'll just have to reread this tomorrow when I'm not two seconds from falling flat on my face.

Loved it. Worth the wait. So very worth the wait. Can't wait to reread and think about everything because wow is there ever a lot to think about.

The final chapter-ness does sadden me slightly because aaahhh I get so used to the update schedule of a multi-chapter story but then one story ends and who knows when a new one will appear. Or something. Don't mind me, I have no idea what I'm saying anymore.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/19/2012
As always, beautifully done! Haha I can't believe a vampire and a man destroyed a whole Wild Hunt, but if anyone could do it it's those two. Great story, update soon please!
Cacodaemonia chapter 3 . 11/11/2012
I'm finally coming back to comment on this because I seriously could not form coherent thoughts when I first finished it.

You guys did such an amazing job! Geez, there is just so much going on in this chapter, with Conrad starting to figure out Worth's get-him-pissed-off-so-he-doesn't-catch-on tactics, and Lamont (Lamont! Baw. ;_;), and all the cool shenanigans with trapping and fighting the Hunt, and of course the whole relationship development thing. Gah. I especially love the bit where Worth realizes that Conrad hasn't bitched about being left alone with the corpse of a long-dead acquaintance, and what that could mean. And of course this last scene, and Worth actually saying something nice, and man, I am so looking forward to seeing how Connie reacts to that, hehe.

You guys. Are. The best. The end. xoxoxoxo
Turquoise.ebonyfox chapter 3 . 11/6/2012
One of the sweetest things he says is in the last line, and he'll probably get smacked for it.