Reviews for Broken Cookie Jars and Spilled Milk
guest chapter 8 . 3/9/2014
Omg, I loved it! I was not expecting this fic when I read the title. Haha. Great work!
misomilk chapter 8 . 10/11/2013
Hiii It's me again. Long time no review. :'D
I have actually read this fic as a whole twice, but I've reread the first 2-4 chapters probably 3 or 4 more times. LOL When I pick up this fic, I end up having to stop reading because I really have to stop (e.g. class started, or I have to drive home already). But when I pick it up again I just really really have to start from the beginning because-because… Idk, maybe because it feels right that way. And every time I do reread this it's just so wonderful, like I'm reading the fic again for the first time. That even if the sequences are all in my head already, the words pull me to a fresh start, y'know? I don't know if what I'm saying is making sense. huhu I'm sorry.

I love how you characterize Axel and Saix so well and close to their in-game characters. I legit squealed every time I read the images flow into my head from your words, and I see the two of them interacting in my head and it's as if they were really in Radiant Garden and their CGs are actually moving and interacting and-just wow. What's even more amazing is how, based on the two chaptered stories I've read from you so far, you keep them in-character even in different universes/storylines. It's honestly so amazing. I-I don't know how you keep doing that. ;A; And I have no other word to use aside from 'amazing' coz I can't find anything more fitting (ugh my vocab is so limited) ;w;

The plot was loaded with themes apart from their own romance, too, which is great! I never would've guessed Xion was the stepsister. You were dropping hints at how Saix wouldn't look at the name, and how Xion conveniently is never at Lumineux High to visit when Saix is there to check up on the kids. Like whoa. _ This was also an awesome parallel to Saix's jealousy for Xion throughout 358/2 Days. THIS WAS SHEER GENIUS I SWEAR. She became an important factor for both the tribe part of the plot, AND for Saix's development. Ahhh, awesome. :'D OH AND XION GIVING SAIX THE KITTTTYYYYY ;WWWW; Xion really is that sweet, and I bet in another universe where Saix didn't see her as a competitor for Axel's attention, Xion and Saix would really it it off so well. ;w;

Chapter 5 was also amazing in that it started off with introducing General Madhava and ended with identifying just who he really is wow. Literary devices. Amazing. :DDDDD

I also really loved all your chapter endings. I really did. They always made me pause for a few minutes before moving on to the next chapter because I have to let them settle. :') One of my most faves is Chapter 4's ending. "Axel decided that waking up next to Saix was the best way to start the day." /dreamysiiiiigggghhh :3

Your way with words, as usual, cannot be described so simply. :'D They keep making me feel warm fuzzy feelings, like growing flowers on my head and always looking towards the sun because I feel so floaty But at the same time grounded because everything feels so real. The pain is real. ;A; And huhuhu

Oh my gosh this review has gotten really long I'm sorry. I'll end it with my favorite scene.

I've only ever reached the chapter with the picnic and the soon-to-follow knockingslamming on the door scene twice. Both times-I cried. Like, legit sobbing and tearing up with tissues and blowing my nose. Huhu. Yes I turn into an emotional wreck whenever I read your fanfics but thank you. :'D The heartache, the intensity, the loneliness. I feel them through the characters and it was great. I would love to read that part over and over but I dont want to take advantage of how amazing those parts are. I'll keep them precious in my heart. :'D

I want to say more things, but I've forgotten them as well. Haha. Next time I read a fic I should probably note down all my thoughts while I'm reading. xDDDD I can't wait to read your other two chapter fanfics and OH MY GOSSSH ONE OF THEM IS YOUR KH 2013 BIG BANG ENTRY AHHHH Excitementtt :'D I've been waiting for that for quite a while now. xDDD

So yeah, in a nutshell, this was a fantastic read from you as usual. I'd love to reread it and reexperience it again another time. :') Thank you for bringing such glorious works into this world. :)
derp chapter 8 . 7/20/2013
Holy burning goat buckets that was a fantastic read! Your descriptions on the feelings of love make me feel as if I'm experiencing it. And the way you built up the characters with believable complexities and conflict made me fall in love with your story! Great work and ill be looking forward to reading your other work. :)
Silence chapter 8 . 10/4/2012
First off, let me say this is probably the best AkuSai story I've read thus far and, as I've read quite a bit through my years of interwebbing, I'm still astounded this one hits me as hard as it does. Hopefully I have enough room to say all I want to say and I don't run out of words or annoy to the point of silence.

I love this story. I've been waiting for a story such as this to pop up and capture my attention like you have. It seems I can't find one thing wrong with it and I kid you not, I read it everyday. I don't believe I've read one such as this before where I'm actually compelled to read it every day. As a literature lover, consider this a compliment when I say your story has taken over my sleepless nights. I love Akusai so very much and your story...It's hard to find words for how much I love it. But I'll try.

The universe you have them in, this whole native and populace theory is interesting. A world where natives were hunted and killed and where loyalties were tested and broken, much like the civil war; who were you to side with? I love it. I find myself wondering plenty throughout the day how the war started and what went on with it and the back story is subtle and delicately touched so it doesn't interfere with the progressive of thew story so much so that it gets confusing. Normally, the whole plot is confusing and turned around and unreadable but you balance it so well. The tension it causes between the characters is wonderful and how it plays into their daily lives...I have to wonder how much thought went into this story.

Characterization: Important. You nailed it strait into the wood, love. The characters are wonderfully prepared and though many would say out of character, you can't base it from a world where they have no hearts because they obviously have them in this. No character is over done or under done and I'm struggling to find words for how important character interaction is to me. They do so wonderfully. Friends, family members, hatred, awkwardness, the whole bazinga. Smooth and tenderly, each interaction leaves me with a smile or frown or scowl, depending on the situation. And, on the topic of characters, I love them. I hate some. But it's the fact that I can develop these feelings from your writing that's important. Where to begin?

First if all, Saix's family situation leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. A cheating father, a crumbling family, and one little kids left by himself, I actually found myself crying while reading some passages ( My roommate fears for me at those times). And, since it's on topic, I hate his father. With a passion. But he interests me. I'm a psychology major so I may be reading far too much into this story so I apologize. But I really detest that man. The fact he would cheat, his favoritism towards Xion, and the abandonment, has me rattled. I feel for Saix immensely but Xalbador is interesting to me as a character. Does he even love his son? Like? Why? The fact he doesn't care about him as a child puts me off my cocoa. No child should have to go through that. I hate the man with a burning fire in my heart but my guilty pleasure is I want to know more about him. I'm sorry, I'm a twisted person. And his mother amuses me and seems like a wonderful woman though she seems to have matures through the story from past to present. There's my guilty pleasure, I specialize in family matters so Saix's has me thinking late into the night.

And on the topic of Saix, I adore him. He's so damn adorable and wonderful, and so realistic and...I'm left wordless. He's such a complicated person in this story, full of hatred and sadness and I honestly just want to reach through the screen and take him away from it all. Him being an emotional eater, I love it. I've always imagines him as such so it was wonderful to find him being such a sweet junkie. Him being hefty as a kid, strikes me as adorable because I adore him so damn much. Poor thing, emotional eater and family problems. I love him so. Saix is the character that I love because even though the chapters go forth between him and Axel, things center around him. I'm running out of amazing things to say. Him and Xion, the reluctant siblings, is a story theme that I take great guilty pleasure in. There interaction I'd like to see more of.
And the Akusai...I wanted more. I'm a greedy person. I'm sorry. Their interaction and road towards relationship is realistic and much like the blueberry cookies Saix eats. Hard to obtain and keep but deliciously sweet. The soft touches, the breathless kisses, Saix being uke ( For some reason, I love his uke-ness in this story, it's not very apparent but the slight hints are wonderful), and how they become awkward with each other is sweet and adorable. Axel being of native descent and Saix being of the populace descent, it seems like a forbidden romance. Maybe that's why it's so enjoyable XD. " Do you have a blueberry tree? " I love Saix. Dearly. And Axel, his cocky-ness is tones down with is nice but he doesn't lose any of his personality. Still the Kids Man he is, being a teacher with his Rox-My-Socks and his Xion ( Saix's jealousy on this matter is delicious ). At the end of the story, I'm left with a wonderful feeling in my being but craving more. Zexion amused me. Greatly.

At the end, I was sad to see those words. The End. I didn't want it to stop. I crave more and I'm sorry to say I drew fan art. I'm a shameless person I am. I would love to see more of this story-verse. I'd love to see a lot more actually. The topic with his father and family touches me close to home so of course I want to read more. Saix saying he wont forgive them can't last forever can it? Then again, this is Saix we are talking about. And Axel owning a pastry shop! Saix will be jogging to keep those extra pounds off I fear. Whether victorious or not, I'm sure Axel will love him ( And offer more cookies I'm sure).God, I love those too. I forgot to mention, the fact that you mention Saix gains and loses weight makes him so wonderfully believable and relatable.

I suppose I should close this sorry excuse for a review. A shameless request if I may? I would ADORE to see more of these characters. I crave them like blueberry chocolate cookies. Please continue writing more of these two. Continue writing period. I look forward to any stories you write in the future pertaining to these characters ( Especially one where Saix, his, father, Xion, and so on meet and what not. You left it hanging on Xion's part so I can only hope and pray a sequel is in the making). That would make my Christmas. More stories from you. Involving these guys ( And ladies). Even if you leave it at that, just this one story, I'm satisfied. For now. :3

Finally, thank you for writing a story that has captured me so wonderfully such as this one. I'm craving more and I'm satisfied at the same time. I'm eagerly waiting for more stories and perchance more related to this story. Thank you so much and keep writing! I loved this story so much and I hope to see more great pieces from you!

Much love, Silence.
auburn-flare chapter 8 . 9/26/2012
I'm one of those reviewers that just states what's on her mind.
And all I have to say is: what an amazing and cute story. I am a mad suck up for this pairing and am critical of pretty much everything revolving around these two, but this story was just...refreshing. It made me smile. Not only that, but I pissed myself laughing at several moments (the clown bit, that is all). The characters were also portrayed very nicely, particularly Xion and the similar relationship she has with Saix in Days.

Now, I'm not going to lie, but I found the story to be quite predictable. I'm not talking about the scenarios and events you created (because I think they were very unique). But in terms of the main relationship, I could foresee what was essentially going to happen right from the beginning. The steady growth between the two, a sudden drop out near the end and then a happy ending. It's a standard formula for romance and I guess I was looking for something more challenging coming from two 28-ish year old teachers from the opposite ends of society. I expected less speech, more actions and minimal drama. While you delivered that excruciatingly well, I just don't think you 100% nailed it. (I'm sorry.)

All that being said, this is still the best Axel/Saix fanfiction I have ever come across. And I'm not even exaggerating. I've flipping over these two since Days came out. That's three years! Three years and this tops it all because this is just cute and amazing and it made me feel bubbly. I can only hope quietly that you would write more of these two (but if you don't that's your decision and that's fine).

My apologies if I'm not coherent. You earn a blueberry and chocolate cookie if you can pinpoint where I lost conscious.
tamagopants chapter 8 . 9/11/2012
Okay wow...where to start!

First off, I literally squealed when I saw this advertised on tumblr. Honestly, it's so refreshing to see a well written AkuSai fic that spans such a variety of emotions and topics without losing their canonical selves. And, you know, it had a happy ending with plenty of fluff and yet an intriguing plot, so yeah, REALLY refreshing and excellently done.

I can't decide if I like Axel or Saix more. They work together so well in this story and you depict their insecurities and strengths while slowly revealing more and more of your AU setting and how it affected them both. Saix is SOOO cute, but Axel's charisma really sticks with me. His dialogue and interactions with Saix were so natural and believable.

Favourite scene - Axel's entrance, easily. I loved the bit with Saix freaking out at the 'clown' and relaying this mistake to Xemnas. I thought your first sentence was interesting with the mention of clowns - I had assumed it was a light, humorous character quirk you had thrown in, so when it's actually revisited, it took me completely by surprise and yeah...Axel does look and behave pretty clown like...

Second favourite scene - the 'wham' moment with Xalbadar's arrival. I actually nearly said, "Oh shit!" out loud on the train to work this morning because I hadn't been expecting that at all... I normally guess plot twists or am just 'meh...' towards them but this one really caught me off guard. Xion as Saix's half sister is really a whole new level

of cute. As a character herself, I loved Xion in this too. I love the idea of her seeing Axel as her favourite teacher and mentor and how he really cares for the kids in return (really demonstrated with how far he goes for Xion). And Roxas, haha...I snickered at that throwaway line in there with Axel getting his respect only through Roxas. Roxas is scary shit and everyone knows it.

Also, before I forget - ZEXION. Yeah, he's only got a minor part but god does he stand out in this. His serious ball/party chat, the bit where he says Saix could be called 'Vexen' for all he cares and of course, the moment in this final stretch where Saix says Zexion's ambition was just to be his boss. I loved that moment! But the moments I loved most (naturally) was the interactions between Saix and Axel. The kissing scenes were really sweet and carefully approached, so it didn't feel forced or intrusive. It didn't feel rushed either (you know those only-written-for-romance fics where two characters are in each other's pants by the end of the first chapter - ugh) so really well done for a convincing AkuSai AU. Congrats on finishing it for the Big Bang and thank you so much for adding something really quite special to the tiny comm that is AkuSai!

Lily.

P.S: I am holding you and this fic partially responsible for the sudden desire for (more) cakes and sweet stuff in my diet :3

P.P.S: The artwork and FST for this is amazing. My mind kept wandering back to them as I read through this. (I listened to the FST before starting reading this, so the waltz scene was extra memorable because I knew what they were dancing to _ )
JeNeSaisQuoi chapter 8 . 9/8/2012
ALRIGHT *cracks knuckles* this story was fabulous. It's cozy, FUNNY, SWEET, FLUFFY and ROMANTIC (I really can't stop with the caps). I'd dub it this pairings first bakery!AU :D I thought that I would dislike certain characters*cough**cough* but I liked them all. FINE OK I didnt like Xalbador much but who can blame me? Saix's mother was however awesome.

WHAT CAN I SAY ABOUT THE MAIN PAIRING? LOVE. Their relationship was adorable. THey were adorable. There was conflict and slice of lifeness baked into all the romance. Pun intended. I'm also in the mood for cake now.
JeNeSaisQuoi chapter 7 . 9/8/2012
So much emotional whiplash. I'm not going to give anything away. LOVE IT!
JeNeSaisQuoi chapter 6 . 9/8/2012
PLEASE THEY ARE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER! PERFECT! MR XALBADOR TAKE A STEP TO THE LEFT YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS HERE. HAS HE NOT DONE ENOUGH ALREADY? OMG IM SLIDING DOWN THE WALLS WITH FEELS WOMAN! I NEED AXEL DOING AN EMBARRASSING TRIBE DANCE ANIMATED! I NEED AXEL AND SAIX WALTZING ANIMATED!
JENESAISQUOI chapter 5 . 9/8/2012
OKAY NIKKI I TRIED TO STAY OFF THE CAPS BUT YOU MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE! I WAS HAPPY JUST NOW. THERE WAS A GRIN ON MY FACE. FROM EAR TO EAR. ITS GONE NOW. I COULD SMELL THE POTENTIAL SAD FROM THE FIRST NAME MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER BUT I IGNORED THE WARNINGS SPECIALLY WHEN THEY SHARED A MOMENT IN THE OFFICE AND CLOWNS WERE MENTIONED AND I LAUGHED. THERE WAS EVEN SOME SUBTLE HINTS OF AFTERPLAY TOSSED OUR WAY AND WHILE THE ISSUE OF BEING CERTIFIED OR NOT WAS BROUGHT UP AND ANGSTED THE MOOD UP A LITTLE I WAS CERTAIN THAT IT WAS OF NO IMPORTANCE DESPITE THE PART OF GREEDINESS THAT WAS FOLLOWED UP BY XIGBAR USING AFRICAN METAPHORS WHICH CAUSED ME TO GIGGLESNORT.

I can only HOPE that she doesn't come between them. She's going to be a problem. I'm calling it.
JeNeSaisQuoi chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
Before I say anything, I just want to say, I love you and I love this story. I needed something uplifting and OTP related and this is it. It's sweet and innocent in a way. They still have some issues on their own (dont they always) but it's lighthearted :)
JENESAISQUOI chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH I NEEDED AXEL/SAIX FLUFF IN MY LIFE UNTIL THIS MOMENT. I CAN FEEL MYSELF HEALING. LIKE I CANT TELL YOU HOW WARM AND FUZZY I FEEL INSIDE. ITS VERY PLEASANT.
JENESAISQUOI chapter 2 . 9/8/2012
THE XEROX MACHINE AND TIM

SAIX IS ADORABLE IF AXEL DOESNT KISS HIM I WILL

IM NOT SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. I MIGHT BE MORE COHERENT TOWARD THE ENDING BUT I WOULDNT HOLD MY BREATH IF I WERE YOU.
JeNeSaisQuoi chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
NIKKI OMFG WHAT IS THIS? IM ACTUALLY SMILING AND NOT FEARING TEARS? ok i lie im fearing the tears a little but only because of that other fic

I APPROVE OF COOKIE LOVING SAIX AND CLOWN AXEL! DOWNLOADING THE FST AS WELL. OMG THERES A SONG THERE I HAVENT HEARD SINCE THE DINASAURS ROAMED THE EARTH.

JFC THE WHOLE THING IS UP BRB DYING
clack chapter 8 . 9/7/2012
Jag ÄLSKAR den! En romantisk komedi med mina favoritkaraktärer i KH med ett lyckligt slut toppat med sötsaker på det, den är verkligen toppen. Fy fasen vad bra den är. Den här kommer jag att läsa flera gånger, det kan du verkligen skriva upp. Xion var så underbart oskyldig, och jag tycker att det är så coolt på nåt sätt att Saix inte förändrade på hur han såg sin pappas nya familj. Det är så passande på något sätt. Han var ju med om så mycket och det hade varit konstigt om han bestämt sig för att glömma allt och bli gullig med allt och alla. Och på tal om att vara gullig, Axel och Saix hade nästan ihjäl mig med allt gulligull och erkännanden åt höger och vänster! Jag är så glad och sprallig! Du gjorde ett toppen jobb! Jag har förresten laddat ner det där albumet du satte ihop för berättelsen. Ska lyssna på den på väg till jobbet!
Snälla skriv fler berättelser om dom. Det känns som det inte finns nog. Och ja, jag ska läsa den du bad mig att läsa...känns bara lite läskigt.