Reviews for Dream Within a Dream
That was a cruel plot.
Cymru64 chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
Why am I only finding you now? Because I'm a romantic (without really showing it too much) I believe the in "italic" version. Cymru64
Wizgirl122233 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
This is not a good story to read at eleven oclock on a sunday night. Thanks for that. All that aside, good story!
Onelife30 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I love this story!
Elena1701 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Wow, this was so powerful and so beautifully written, despite the heartbreak. I want the Caskett reality to be real, but suspect it isn't.

I'm also drawn towards the idea of another AU when Kate wakes up from the coma to discover that it has only been three weeks from the shooting, but Castle isn't missing - the idea of two conflicting false realities. Preferably with a happy ending :)
Slm93 chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Ummm Caskett reality thank you very much haha I wouldn't want it any other way.
Which was your reality?

S x
WillTCastle chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Wonderful. Truly magnificent. Been a while since I have got time to read fics and I have read two amazing pieces of writing today.
The contrast between the two alternate realities was scintillating, because I don't think I can coose b/w the both, any one would be quite fitting of being the realistic version of this fictional world, depending on one's nature and mood. I am personally very fond of fluff and happy endings, esp since their is already way too much angst in life wherever you go. But for writers, writing angst is usually much harder, trying to get the balance just right for it not to turn the story into something that is devoid of hope. It is very easy to spiral into the vortex that is created by a surge of negative emotions, but that is what also tends to make writing more realistic, closer to our daily lives.
I feel you did a great job depicting two opposite scenarios and still finding a way to make them work with each other. Kate's fear at being dragged into an earlier phase of her life, one devoid of hope and happiness that she finally achieved, by spending her life with the one she loved, was extremely touching. It must be so utterly heartbreaking at having true love and happiness just within your grasp, only to realize it might have all been a dream.
What almost made me cry was how she gave up on life itself, after finding out Castle had been shot. To think the pain of not hacing what she thought was hers was not enough, she had to live with the guilt and hurt of having being indirectly responsible for his death. That is hellish, a torture bad enough to kill one's soul. Her giving up on lifewas hard to fathom, even though I can definitely understand her reasons for choosing that path.
A couple of questions, if you can find the time to answer them. First, I couldn't quite figure out what happened in the end at the cabin. Did Maddox and Kate kill each other? Like shooting two birds with one stone. Getting revenge for the man she loved, while giving up her own life, a life she could no longer live without him.
Second, which of the two versions is reality for you? And why did you choose that as the one? Would love to hear your thoughts behind making the respective choices. Of course, if tou can find time. My work involves long hours and lot of travel, so I get very little time to read/review.
So I will understand if you can't either. But would love to hear your thoughts. In any case, thanks a lot for such a wonderful read. Some of the best piece of writing when it comes to Castle fanfiction. Take care and keep writing.

Regards,
Will
Jasmn19 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I'm so lost man I don't know which dream to believe in but for my sake (cause in one they both die) I'm going with the italised one
closingdoors chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Wow. Okay. This is spectacular. Definitely love the fact that you've left it open for us to choose which one we feel is reality. From my point of view- and because I'm terribly obsessed with the sad stuff- the reality is the sadder ending of the two. But, you know, I could be wrong.

Anyway, this is fantastic and I love the use of Poe here! Your writing is perfect. :D
Deb838 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Hmmmm, very interesting... seeing as I don't like "the reality" I'm going for the dream...

I will always believe in the happy ever after... :)
AlwaysCastle chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
oh woooow

that was remarkable!

bravo!

geeeze, brilliant.
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
oh man. I love stuff like this. LOVE it. awesome.
naybaybay chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Ooh, wow, mind bending stuff! I love it :-)
kimmiesjoy chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
oh wow that was beautiful and painful at the same time. i LOVE THE QUOTE you used also, for the title and all it's so pretty... whichever you chose to be the dream or the reality you wrote it so well and honestly and wonderfully, but I agree there is only one fitting reality for them
Beginning Again chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
It's good. It reminds me, and I'm not sure if you've ever watched this, of Buffy the vampire slayer. There's an episode where there seems to be two possible realities. One where she saves the world and one where she's being held in a mental hospital because she thinks she saves the world, having a few lucid moments throughout the episode. Its really gripping. I like it. (Your story, I mean.)