Reviews for The Things That Bind Us Together
PriscillaPal chapter 9 . 12/30/2012
Oh God! I can't wait to see how 'Blake' acts in this story! Hopefully she was raised well!
PriscillaPal chapter 8 . 12/30/2012
Oh my God! I think Ethan and Jessica's reactions were so real! Especially that heartbreaking one Ethan asked, about Holly's parents 'helping'. The poor guy just didn't know how Stanley used to be. And Jessica is interesting. When you're a lone 'Daddy's Girl', you don't want to hear about a 'sister'. But the poor girl is trying to put on a happy face.
PriscillaPal chapter 6 . 12/20/2012
You know, I don't blame Holly. I don't doubt Roger at all, but that 'I'm married but my marriage is in name only crap', is used on women a lot. I'm glad she's asking him to settle things with Susan. But I am fearful of what her secret is.
PriscillaPal chapter 5 . 12/20/2012
Oh Lord no! That's all I have to say about that last sentence! Hopefully, Roger's 'wife' will die or something. Sorry to hope for that, but feelings are feelings.
PriscillaPal chapter 4 . 12/18/2012
Susan had better stay in New York!

You know what I was thinking during the dinner? How nice it was that Roger could sit in a restaurant with people, and not be sneered at or talked about. He doesn't have that horrible past with Holly, so a son of Ed Bauer's wouldn't hate him. I liked Holly's scoffing at Roger's telling Ethan and Jessica about her being his 'true love'. Now Roger knows that something is off and we can find out what's going on.
PriscillaPal chapter 3 . 12/18/2012
I kind of don't blame Holly for not wanting to go out. I mean when you run into someone like that, after years, and you don't think you got good treatment, sometimes you need time to yourself to process the encounter. Now she has to get up and have dinner with not only Roger, but her son and his girlfriend, who is Roger's daughter? And if she's impolite, Ethan is not going to be happy. Grrr! I hope there's a good explanation for that newspaper clipping!
PriscillaPal chapter 2 . 12/18/2012
Uh oh! What the hell is going on? I have a bad feeling, and I'm only guessing, that there was some misunderstanding between Rolly. And I bet you her father was the cause of it. She is very aloof and Roger is much more open than usual which I thought was a very positive thing. I'm glad he had a daughter he could be a father to.
PriscillaPal chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Let me just say this: I am really looking forward to reading this. Why? Because you have the perfect opening line: what if there had been no rape? That mistake cost Rolly years. Oh and I think Stanley Norris has a lot of frickin' nerve! He asks Roger to date Holly and then pulls this?
FebWriter chapter 25 . 10/24/2012
Wow, a year-long honeymoon, and Roger sold BlueHorizon.

I LOVED the emerald engagement ring and Holly being the gold that holds them all together (even if Roger did just make it up then and there), and the pocket watch with the engraved holly leaf.

I'm glad the kids are so excited. I am too!

What's with this Paul guy, though? I guess we'll find out in the sequel?
Amy chapter 25 . 10/23/2012
Aww, so nice to see the pocket watch exists in this universe.

As taken aback as I am by the warp speed of their relationship, I love the idea of them taking a year to travel, so I'm in for the sequel.
Cynthia chapter 25 . 10/23/2012
Oh, my . . . More to come! Thanks! You're doing a great job. The characters are different, but mostly still recognizable. And the new ones are real to me.
Amy chapter 24 . 10/22/2012
One of the "kids" really needed to ask, "You're not pregnant, are you?" when Roger said he and Holly had an announcement, because that recurring question was really cracking me up.

This Blake is so different, I have to keep reminding myself to picture her as so much lighter and casual. It's interesting.
Cynthia chapter 24 . 10/21/2012
Surprises to come?! Yea! I can just see *this* Blake and Dylan-wouldn't have worked on the show, but this version is more stable and relaxed, also a little younger, I think. Paris sounds great! Thanks again for continuing the story.
FebWriter chapter 24 . 10/21/2012
Yay, a new chapter! And it's Christmastime!

I loved Roger teasing Holly about her cooking classes, and the family reunion.

Blake and Dylan. You know, I could see that. And awww, Blake is calling Holly and Roger "Mom" and "Dad." 3

So many announcements! I was LOL at Roger thinking Jessica was pregnant, and then Holly asking Blake if her announcement was that she was pregnant. I could just hear them. So Jessica's spending the semester in Paris, Blake's moving to Springfield, and now why can't Roger guarantee Blake a position at BlueHorizon? I'm guessing one of the announcements is that he and Holly are getting married, hence the champagne. But what are the other announcements they have to make?
Cynthia chapter 23 . 10/9/2012
Yea! How sweet! And that Blake is naughty but smart with her "Gotcha!"
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »