Reviews for The Cat and the Firefly
Sana Lama Samaha chapter 12 . 3/31
Oh. My. Shinoda does sound like a slime-ball.

I hope your AN is what you're going to do with their relationship. I really want to see Hiroki and Nowaki's relationship as just friends without any romantic entanglements. (And I hope Nowaki gets off the streets soon.)
Sana Lama Samaha chapter 11 . 3/24
Glad to see you're writing again. (Oh, how exciting!)

I never considered that about Akihiko, even though I (and many others, I'm sure) have realized there's something very "broken" about him. I've read about so many different theories... but I never considered autism because most people with autism (even on the higher end of the spectrum) tend to have impaired communication problems... But it took you three years to get it, so I'll think about it for three years, and get back to you.
Sigrid.Vakarian chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
This is adorable...and beautifully written. I don't think I've found a single typo. Yay typoless literary perfection! X3
Guest chapter 10 . 9/25/2013
I really like the story. I am not happy that Hiroki is sleeping around so much, but I would like to read more.
Guest chapter 10 . 9/21/2013
I love reading about Hiroki and Neko!-Nowaki. Nice to know their relationship is (finally) developing a little. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Mysterious Blue-Eyed Reader chapter 9 . 9/14/2013
I love the way all of your stories always makes me awestruck by your ability to write.
It's simply captivating, and the way you focus more on the characters mind, instead of the outside world amazes me.

BTW, I'm waiting patiently for next chapter.
Sana Lama Samaha chapter 9 . 9/2/2013
Hiroki is gorgeous! He's a lovely, beautiful man... I guess it is pretty funny (and pretty sad) that, despite all his charms, Hiroki's own serious, obsessive, and angsty personality (that keeps him attached to Akihiko's side like some budding outgrowth on a sponge) also keeps him in a loop of self-hatred and projected anger that stops him from seeing just how desirable he is, further fuelling his anxiety... hmm... maybe not that funny... I think it's funnier that Hiroki's wikia page describes his personality as "tsundere" :P.

I thought Shiratori was pretty cruel here (by blowing him and then kicking him out)... then again, Hiroki is being pretty cruel by sleeping with men and leading them on when they don't even stand a chance... :S.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Anyway, I look forward to the next chapter.
Kitkat3195 chapter 9 . 9/2/2013
Aww...looks like Shiratori really did care for Hiroki.

I agree with your AN. Hiroki really is absolutely gorgeous! Yeah, in my head, I kind of like to see Hiroki as one of those typical ukes who pretty much attract every guy.
Well, he WAS almost kissed by Miyagi in the canon. Also, in one of the manga chapters, even Tsumori seemed to slightly attracted to Hiroki!

Anyway, I enjoyed reading this chapter. Nowaki keeps saying that he isn't following Hiroki, yet he always happens to be somewhere nearby, watching him. Haha.

I look forward to reading the next chapter where Hiroki visits Nowaki's "base". :)
Gummy Bear chapter 8 . 7/31/2013
I'm glad you updated this story. It is one of my favorite ones. This chapter did not disappoint.
Sana Lama Samaha chapter 8 . 7/31/2013
I'm sorry I haven't reviewed earlier.

Interesting theory. Plausible. The more I think about it, the more likely it sounds... hmm... I have my own ideas, but it seems to me that the only reason Hiroki is so lonely is because he made himself that way. He's so obsessed with Akihiko that he pays little heed to his other relationships. So rather than say loneliness fueled his love, I'd say it was something else... Like his stubborn pride or his hope that Akihiko could love him.

I like how you've written the interactions between Hiroki and the other characters. You can see his pride and his pain. I'm particularly enjoying neko Nowaki. I look forward to the next chapter.
gummybear chapter 7 . 6/11/2013
Hello. Just wanted to say I really like your story. It's so mysterious. I don't know what to expect. It's really unique. I feel sad for Hiroki. But hopefully Nowaki can help him get better. Also I hope Satou keeps popping up again. He is the right bit of creepy. I hope you update soon.
slouph chapter 6 . 6/4/2013
Hello! You're back! Or I'm back? :S I dropped out of junjou romantica on and when i came back to check, x3x people had scattered or left. You have a tumblr now? :D I hope that's you! (Keepcalmandthinkofmurder) I'm much more active on tumblr atm, I recced your fanfictions for Junjou Egoist -! I'll always think of shodou so fondly!
Now to review this fanfic :D I love it! I wasn't expecting nekos! And usami is a bunny too? I love the subtle little reveals, they're so fleeting but rich, like the same with the way you fleeting mention sex, I love how hiroki refers back to those moments, his sounds, his senses (senselessness), his states of exhaustion, very rich and packaged so succinctly. I wonder if hiroki is a neko/inu :O I wonder if I missed a hint somewhere or if your AN was just to show nowaki in a switched role and hiroki as human instead w! I'm glad that you're back! I've finally followed like a proper fan and now I can keep up with updates as they come! 3 slouph
FujoshiNinjaNumber6 chapter 5 . 6/3/2013
Hmm... an enigmatic street-wise neko Nowaki... that's an unusual concept you don't see every day. How will this play out in the future?
...
Well, i'm sure intrigued!
Kitkat3195 chapter 5 . 6/2/2013
Nowaki is so sweet. I just enjoy the interactions between the two. Come on Hiroki...invite the poor alley cat back to your house, it's freezing out there! Haha. :)
xthhkshgdoaif chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
Whoa! This is getting really interesting - I don't think I've ever read anything quite like this, plot-wise. Dang. I love the angst, since your words really are super powerful when it comes to heart-wrenching situations, and... this is just turning out to be such an interesting piece. I sense so much more awesome stuff coming up from it. (And once more, my words do you no justice... Gomen! .)