Reviews for a few ghosts of timorous heart
The Scarlett Ribbon chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
I am a sobbing mess. You are literally the only author I've ever come across who paints Sif as a dimensional character, who understands that her loyalty to Thor doesn't necessarily mean she hates Loki.

I've always thought she knew both Thor and Loki better than anyone, and it is fantastic to see how well you have portrayed that intimacy.
rebeldesigns chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I had to sit here for several moments to compose myself before I wrote this review, or otherwise risk sounding like I flailed all over my keyboard in an attempt to convey just how AMAZING this fic is. GAH. Okay. Wow. This... you nailed it. The emotion, the prose, the lingering ghosts that seem to haunt Thor and Sif long after Loki is gone... powerful. And your wording is so elegant and poetic! I loved it from start to finish, and I just wish it were longer. Well done! Hope there's more of these in the future.
grossasstoenails chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Booya! I totally called that last line! Great oneshot :)
FlashySyren chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Another beautifully written story, I love the visuals.
wbss21 chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Wow, wow, wow. Once again, my mind here is blown. You really are just such an excellent, excellent writer.

Your imagery, first off, is just some of the very best I've ever seen. You paint such a vivid picture without making the mistake of becoming over descriptive or too wordy. Really good writing will always describe and convey in the most concise way possible I think, and you accomplish that wholly.

I just adore the somber tone of your stories, as really, the tale shared between these characters is exactly that. It's a tale of true, true tragedy, and you capture that tone just so perfectly. It really takes my breath away.

I love Sif's perspective here, once again, and her memories of her interactions and relationship with Loki. You don't paint it as ideal, you show the tension there, and the growing distance between them, but still you capture a strange fondness and intimacy. And you develop it from a more playful relationship, her wrestling his daggers away from him, and hiding under his bed to scare him, to a more serious relationship, one almost in which she found a kind of refuge, going to his chambers at night just to listen to him tell tales and talk. I just think that says so much about the relationship between these characters, and the dynamic, in such a subtle and beautiful way.

And what I also find intensely interesting here, is the conversation between Loki and Sif, in which Loki is reassuring Sif that she'll be allowed to continue her warriors training, and telling her she'll be better even than Thor, for once being absolutely open and honest with her. I find this fascinating, because he's foreshadowing his own demise. When she tells him Thor has him, and he responds "I won't always be here." Like he knows the path he's heading down, knows indeed he's powerless to stop it. That he'll become the monster he's always feared he was, and those he knows and loves, and who love him, will become his enemies. There's just such a great tragedy to the whole thing, and you capture it and convey it so, so well.

And the scene where Thor is drunk, and he realizes in that moment, or rather, expresses in that moment, the mistake he's made, and the consequences upon Loki that they've had, when he's spoken so often about "slaying the frost giants". I assume Sif doesn't know it about Loki at this point, what he actually is. But Thor does, and its dawned on him the horror of the whole thing.

One thing I also have to compliment you on, from just a technical point, is you capture the way the Asgardian's speak exceptionally well. You really write them in this higher, more stately, more sophisticated manner, and you do it so fluidly. It really is fantastic.

And then the line from Loki, in the beginning "In death, the great become common", and how you finish it off "And the common become great.", and how that ties into his conversation with her about having to really believe in the truth you're selling in order to make it work, that really is just a stroke of genius. Because Loki let go, he jumped, and he felt it was only in death, he could become great, he could become what his father wanted, the only way he could live up to Thor. And everyone had to believe that too in order to regard him the same.

And there's just such a sense of longing here too, wishing so much that, somehow, Loki can be saved, when they discover he's still alive and in Midgard. You want so much for them to be able to save him. Somehow. And I think the reader feels it so much, because you're able to convey how much these characters of Thor and Sif want it to be so also. And that's just great, great writing. You feel what the characters feel.

Another, amazing piece, and I'm so, so happy you're continuing to write within this fandom. It's lucky to have a writer of your talents to contribute to it, and expand this fantastic world and characters.
HappyHateDay chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I love that last line. Great story.
GreenGreyBlack chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Wow, the story was brilliant.
The line about death was so good , whether you made it up or it is a common quote, its meaning was deep and beautiful and its use was convenient.
Lady Charity chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Wow, what beautiful prose! This was such a lovely read. You captured the idea of grief so wonderfully. I really enjoyed reading this!