Reviews for Kata
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I really like this story.*adds to favorites*
Geckohawaii chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Nice imagery while Kenshin performs his kata! I liked the part where you said that both Battousai and the rurouni were divided. So true.
ALittleBlackHeart chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Beautiful. Kenshin can't keep running from himself and his past and this is just the way he would be able to come to terms with it. I've always loved your work and I was just reading through everything again and had to comment. _ I've also ALWAYS hated how the anime has portrayed the ending and everything, Kenshin has such a great, multi-dimensional character and it does him no credit. But this, I love! Thank you so much for sharing this and I look forward to reading the rest of your Rurouni Kenshin works! :D

ALittleBlackHeart
Raberba girl chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
I like the stuff about Kenshin's hair at the end, the symbolism and wondering if he should cut it and all that.

Haha, "He'd better get back before his adopted family tore Japan apart looking for him." Poor Saitou.
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Awesome. You really managed to capture the sense of wholeness and peace that katas can bring if you put yourself into them.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
If Kenshin never practiced his kata during his time as a hitokiri and then while wandering, how would he still be able to do any swordsmanship at all? Swordsmanship seems to me to be something that must be practiced daily or one will forget how to execute it.

I loved your descriptions of Kenshin's kata in the moonlight and then how it took all night. It reminds me of when Tsubame found him in the bamboo clearing in the manga and he told her his soul darkened from time to time if he didn't practice his kata. Maybe he meant what you wrote here.
HevenSentHellBroken chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Impressive. I like!
Becky Yuy chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
i love this! its so cool! i love the way kenshin finally admits to himself that the battosai is just as much a part of him as the rurouni. you truly are a great writer and i hope you continue writing more great stories like this one.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
so descriptive! i could picture the movements so vividly!
Heather Logan chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
I already sent a review for this, but I just wanted to add that the more I think about it, the more I like it. Thanks for a really fine story.
Heather Logan chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
That was very well written. I liked the strong visual component and the expressive descriptions. But somehow Kenshin feels OOC to me. I was very surprised by the tying up of his hair. Still, I liked it.
Angel8818 chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
this story is so good, i mean it kinda captures kenshins feeling and it is so in charecter. u r so good at writing kenshin!

oh and i saw that one of your stories was by request and iwas just wondering if you had thought about doing a story about Kenshin telling Kauro and everyone about Tomoe and the fact that he was married... I don't know it was jsut an idea i had and i can't find a sory that's even remotely like it anywhere... you don't have to do it (obviously) but i just thought i would put it out there.

angel8818
Switchblade237 chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
Beautiful; Kenshin needs some peace in his life! I like your insight into his character. Overall, very well done! Maybe you could make something like a sequel- a new enemy, that he must face, balanced? I dunno... just keep writing!
Hidari chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Wonferful wonderful! Thank you so much for writing this. I love it that you that Kenshin has accepted the 'darker' part of himself. It troubles me that other fics would show Kenshin with a split personality so it is very relieving to read fics like yours. Arigato!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
This was a very well-written and insightful piece. You have captured succintly and eloquently the dichotomy and resolution of Kenshin's character. (I know that sounds pretentious but I truly mean it.) I plan on going to check out your other stories immediatley.