Reviews for The Z Identity
KimiruMai chapter 23 . 5/1/2013
This story is absolutely fabuuuloooouuuuusssss.
Gohan sure knows what he's doing. Well trained, he is. LOL, poor Krillin XD He always gets the short end of the stick in bad situations.
Qaint chapter 5 . 4/14/2013
I will be honest. I don't feel that this will be a nice review.
This fic is a great read. It is very compelling and that hook with the poisons at the first chapter really drew me in from the start because 'why would Goku have poisons'. Since then, the plot has been paced very well and I've loved the mystery in it. It's all very fresh.
But I quickly realized, that it was never really Goku at all and there's now any number of reasons why he'd have those poisons, since if Goten is this kind of guy, which I suspected but wasn't really certain (my first guess was that he was an undercover cop), then everyone has changed. This Gohan could just as well be any guy and that saddened me as I might as well replace every name with Steve or Bob, because they share few or none of the experiences, connections and traits with their canon selves in this AU and it breaks the immersion for me every time. The characters have nice parallels to their canon counterparts but this is an original story with believably original characters, which is anathema to me.
I feel a bit ashamed half the time while reading this, because despite it being really good and interesting. I don't feel like I'm reading DBZ fanfiction. As if this uses the popularity of DBZ as a stepping stone for a greater traffic count, which makes me feel as though I am endorsing that. I am glad that I found this one, which I wouldn't if it hadn't been posted like this. But it feels wrong.
I don't even know anymore. As you might have noticed, I don't read AU often.
I am sorry for unloading all this on you, as I'm not blaming you for any wrongdoing, but I needed to say it. I will still be reading, as I enjoy it. But it is with mixed feelings.
Jfmam chapter 22 . 3/15/2013
Another enjoyable chapter.
Good to see more of Gohan's training. I wonder if we'll see any more or not.
Good to see this team-up as well.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
Jfmam chapter 21 . 3/11/2013
It looks like things are coming to a climax soon.
I really enjoyed this chapter. Keep it up.
ShinyShiza chapter 21 . 3/5/2013
That was unexpected! I see that the story has taken a turn for the romantic! OHOHOH! - SHOT - But seriously, I lovet the story with a passion! This is an incredible turn of events! I wonder what Videl means by 'I'll find you'?
Dbzlover500 chapter 21 . 3/3/2013
I hope Gohan knows what he's doing.
ShireWulf chapter 21 . 3/3/2013
This was almost touching...
Jfmam chapter 20 . 2/25/2013
Great chapter! I really enjoyed your reimagining of Gohan's kidnapping. The reader, and Gohan himself especially, have certainly learnt a lot in this chapter.
I look forward to the next chapter.
Dbzlover500 chapter 20 . 2/25/2013
Wow...absolutely amazing.
nancy103 chapter 20 . 2/24/2013
Enter Vegeta! Great chapter with lots of information!
KimiruMai chapter 20 . 2/24/2013
YES! VEGETA ARRIVES! YES YES YES! *Happy dance* OMG that just made my freaking day. I was just wondering when he was going to show up! I hope he doesn't die as quickly as the others. Ohh, this is getting good!
ShinyShiza chapter 19 . 2/13/2013
Awesome! I knew it! Gohan's hidden powers! Knew it! Knew it! Knew it!
Jfmam chapter 19 . 2/13/2013
Great chapter. More is revealed, with plenty of questions still to be answered.
Can't wait for the next chapter.
Jfmam chapter 18 . 2/13/2013
Wow, what a chapter. So there was something suspicious about Videl, but do we know the whole truth about her yet, or is she still holding things back. I have to feel sorry for Gohan; all this stuff he has to go through.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
KimiruMai chapter 19 . 2/12/2013
Holy shit. Well, that explains a lot. Goku, what the fuck were you up to?!
136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »