Reviews for The Shadow Descends
Hebi R chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
I absolutely adore this idea. I very much want to see what you do with it. Recalling how the attitude Dee One hybrids take towards themselves changes significantly as they get further in their transformation (at least outside Innsmouth), I wonder, now that Rodney has accepted a certain degree of his heritage, how it will alter his perceptions. The townsfolk were extremely hostile towards outsiders, but that cannot be an essential aspect of the hybrids, otherwise no lady would have been able to leave town and integrate herself into the outside world; besides the narrator of the "Shadow over Innsmouth" story seemed to get along well with others, at least up to the point of mental change.
I look forward to learning just how far Rodney can trust his teammates. And how far they can trust him.
Teyla was not scorned for having Wraith heritage, after all. And many on Atlantis would not understand what Rodney's changes meant in the way that they knew from experience that Wraith meant bad. On the other hand, it is possible that there are soldiers there that have heard of Innsmouth and why it has a kill on sight order. In addition, you could not tell how different Teyla was just by looking at her, while the scales, membranes, and gills are going to be obvious at a glance.
So please continue the story as soon as you are able.
BMick chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
It's been a long time since I read any Lovecraft, but you do seem to have that remembered flavor in your prose. I'm interested. (Rodney? Hmm. Those whale nightmares of his... )