Reviews for Louis Moore the Romantic: Charlotte Bronte fanfic
elwren75 chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
I have loved "Shirley" for years, and I've started rereading it for maybe the sixth time now. I'm looking forward to reading this fanfic. I have always thought "Shirley" deserved more attention. Thanks for posting this-perhaps it will entice Bronte fans to explore it.
Bonbonnett chapter 10 . 12/24/2012
Ah yes, the 'other people' must always be thought to be either far better or far worse than one's neighbors!
kioewen chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I remain manacled to my screen, eagerly anticipating every new chapter.

I do think this fic will generate interest in Bronte's Shirley, and quite honestly, it's shaping up to be a fascinating story in its own right.
Bonbonnett chapter 9 . 12/9/2012
Much excellent sport is to be had with the courting curates.
Bonbonnett chapter 8 . 12/2/2012
Very interesting visit with Southey and his extended household. His advice was good - poetry is an ornament to Literature, but not productive of a good living - sad but true.
Bonbonnett chapter 7 . 11/25/2012
It lacks only the obsequiousness of a Collins - very good work!
kioewen chapter 7 . 11/25/2012
I'm captivated by every word. :) You are giving each character such a rich, vivid personality, and you're differentiating them so well. They jump off the page. I particularly admire your effectiveness in setting off Hannah against Dora - both so close in beauty and physical form, but so different in nature, yet both compelling.

Also, your Bronte-like prose is splendid. You've expunged all modernisms and write in a convincing Victorian style. Bravo.
Bonbonnett chapter 6 . 11/24/2012
Scribble, scribble - but who could the object be?
kioewen chapter 5 . 11/22/2012
Ah, there it is - a mention of Dora. I hope she'll feature in the story. :) I've always been fascinated by Bronte's peripheral characters...
Bonbonnett chapter 5 . 11/22/2012
A mystery? Nice!
Bonbonnett chapter 4 . 11/21/2012
Hard not having a strong future plan - no money is a serious disadvantage for a gentleman.
kioewen chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
At last, a Shirley fanfic! I've always enjoyed this novel, despite its being lesser known that Bronte's masterpieces, Jane Eyre and Villette.

I've always been intrigued by the minor characters in this novel, especially the Sykes daughters, particularly Dora, who is said to be the prettiest daughter, though all the most full-figured, and ends up marrying Mr. Sykes. It would be wonderful to flesh out some of the book's minor characters and expand their storylines.
Bonbonnett chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
What it is to be young and not tied to financial concerns!
Bonbonnett chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Very interesting - I have read Shirley, but it does not stand out in my mind as much as Villette does. I liked the comparison of the poets - I always felt that Byron's chief talent lay in a gift for the use of the language. He was unparallelled at finding the perfect combination of words to express himself - otherwise, his ego rather got in the way of the rest.