Reviews for At All Costs
Poetheather1 chapter 22 . 6/12/2013
Oh... that scene with Sirius hurt. There was some good emotional content in that. But I did catch that bit at the end where Sirius came back, where he was about to mention something about Rose seeing him as a father. With all the other madness and such in the story I can see how some people might miss it. Very good.

The bit with Rose was lovely. The apology and explanation was spot on and the realization that she was an attractive girl and would be getting dates is every parents experience (if they are honest). And that last bit about Neville. Cracked me up. Loved this chapter.
Saint Snape chapter 22 . 6/9/2013
I feel sorry for both Severus and Sirius. I hope Sirius remembers the past two years so they can continue their friendship. I'd hate to see what happens if he gets out and tries to get custody of Rose.

Fun to see Severus realize Rose is growing up into a beautiful young woman and he's gonna have to beat the guys off with a wand. :)
Ja495ck chapter 22 . 6/9/2013
So sad. . . I really hope Sirius eventually remembers.
dana-san chapter 22 . 6/9/2013
Wow - excellent, excellent chapter. I only hope Sirius regains his memory. To lose such a friendship is really sad, even if he brought it upon himself.
E.BACKER chapter 22 . 6/9/2013
is very interesting. I loved the episode. I wonder if you ever will know, use the impérdonble Rose, and I love to see Severus jealous at the dance. up soon
RB chapter 22 . 6/9/2013
I always look forward to your updates. They rarely disappoint. Wonderful, as usual, though I would have liked more of Black.
Saint Snape chapter 21 . 6/1/2013
More twists and turns. I wonder who oblivated Sirius and Rose? Poor Severus and his guilt trips. Can't wait for more!
PotterFanatic chapter 21 . 5/23/2013
This such a great story! I love how you have tweaked the plot and characters. It works so well! I can't wait to read more! I'm hoping you rekindle the Rose/Draco romance. Please update soon!
Poetheather1 chapter 21 . 5/21/2013
You know... I'm okay with things. The way you write Dumbledore, I wouldn't put it past him to have done this. If it wasn't him then some tricky DE is afoot, though it is doubtful it is Peter because his is nowhere the wizard Sirius is. This is an interesting development and should be interesting how it all plays out. I am looking forwards to it.
RB chapter 21 . 5/20/2013
Appreciate the update, but I didn't think the story went ahead with this chapter: it was basically a discourse on how characters felt. Even so, it was well written, as always.
Ja495ck chapter 21 . 5/19/2013
Oh no, Sirius won't remember being friends with Snape!
dana-san chapter 21 . 5/19/2013
Great job. I still think Sirius should have objected to (spoiler.. Read no further if you have not read previous chapters) obliviating but it all makes sense. Ramifications . Make sense. Well done. Sorry about spoiler, never know if someone reads reviews before story.
Very Small Prophet chapter 21 . 5/18/2013
Dumbledore wouldn’t “dare an Unforgivable”? Why not? Minerva does. In DH she Imperios Amycus Carrow shortly after Harry pointlessly Crucios him, and she’s nothing like as Machiavellian as Albus. Surely Severus, of all people, is under no illusions about the moral purity of any of the so-called good guys.

Trying to make sense of an AU version of GoF can’t be easy, since the original plot didn’t make much sense to begin with. Making the whole business one of Dumbledore’s devious schemes rather than one of Voldemort’s stupid ones is actually an improvement. Keep at it, and I’ll keep reading.

P.S. from your friendly Ravenclaw language nerd: the past tense of “sneak” is “sneaked,” not “snuck,” except in the dialogue of characters such as Ronald Weasley. Severus would have eradicated it from his vocabulary back when he erased his working class accent. It’s such an ugly word, too. I wince every time I see it.
Redsapphiresz chapter 20 . 5/5/2013
Will Professor Snape ever find out what really happened to Rose? :)
What a great story you've woven! Loved the dueling scene and now this revelation! Poor Sirius, only he would manage to unintentionally botch things up. Well, can't wait for the next chapter! I am sorely tempted to just wait till you finish writing and posting the whole story, but I know I just won't be able to keep myself from reading 'coz I'm totally hooked!
Poetheather1 chapter 20 . 5/2/2013
Sirius you ignorant git! Given the description of symptoms and once you said the source it all made sense. Only Sirius would be daft enough to do something like that. What a moron. Oh man... good thing Rose thought to go with Oblivation or Severus would have killed him. Oy...

Nicely done. Excellent chapter and beautiful tension.
140 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »