Reviews for At All Costs
FreelanceBum chapter 15 . 3/17/2013
I find it hard to believe Rita Skeeter would write such an article about a beloved war hero. Most of her crueler articles towards the Potters came after public opinion started to shift about the BWL.
FreelanceBum chapter 6 . 3/17/2013
The only pairing I can imagine worse than RP/DM is RP/RW. Well, within the age group.
FreelanceBum chapter 2 . 3/17/2013
I pray to all that is holy RP/DM isn't a permanent thing.
Poetheather1 chapter 17 . 3/14/2013
Okay that comment about Rose being Rapunzel took me to a Disney place and it was so painfully cute I nearly died of sugar shock. The rest of the chapter was great. The level of angst you got going on between Severus and Rose is impressive. You have nearly a Goth Club worth, so well done you. ;)

This is moving forward nicely. I cannot wait to see what happens next.
1NNACT1V3ACC0UNT chapter 16 . 3/4/2013
pls. I'm sure there's an easy way to prove that Rose isn't Snape's daughter.
Ja495ck chapter 16 . 3/1/2013
Oh, please please please PLEASE update, this is SO good!
deanmarcbc chapter 16 . 2/25/2013
It's going to be interesting to see if Snape can come to terms with his recollection of Lily being challenged. I think previously it was essential that he had such a strongly idealised view of her so that he had the strength to perform his role. Possibly he would have associated the goodness of her character with the strength of his own resolve. Now, though, he has other reasons to power his determination and maybe will begin to form a more balanced opinion.
Undying Dame chapter 16 . 2/23/2013
Ugh, I can't get enough! I'm shite at reviews, though, so... this is truly brilliant work and I can't wait to continue following this story!
Poetheather1 chapter 16 . 2/20/2013
Ohhhh... nice, very nice. That bit there at the end with Rose and Voldy. Pure gold. Oh that would have scared the pants off her. Of course she would bolt down to him. Poor baby.

As for the whole Dumbledore and Snape balance...you are really doing a great job portraying it. Beautiful stuff.

And that bit with Sirius and Snape, where Sirius was willing to concede that if it had that was fine... oh man. Sirius has had two men he has deeply cared about in his life. One is dead and the other gets pissed at him all the time for things like that. It is a shame that Remus is missing this because he would have no idea how to deal with this. I am loving this fic and you constantly make it better.
dana-san chapter 16 . 2/20/2013
Excellent chapter! Sirius is done really well,as is Severus. Well done!
Saint Snape chapter 16 . 2/19/2013
"Your death glare should be made the fourth Unforgiveable." I love this line because it's so true.

I actually love the idea that Lily could have cheated on James with Severus. Not a James Potter fan. :) Severus is still so much in love with her though he would have fainted had she ever come to him and suggested it and it's funny he won't see anything said that puts her in a bad light.

And I love the idea of Severus laughing over Voldy believing that Rose is his daughter. It's like he's laughing in the face of death.

This is so good. Can't wait for more!
Chocolate and caramel chapter 16 . 2/19/2013
whot the hell omg, that's it, I officially hate you for the last two sentences.. (from the story) oh man, how much melodrama and whatnot you going to pile next chapter?

still, love the melodrama in this one.
RB chapter 16 . 2/19/2013
I suppose your take on the Potters' marriage seems more realistic than JKR's rather idealistic portrayal of two very young people tying the knot. Wonderful chapter as always.
Christopher Kidwell chapter 16 . 2/19/2013
A good chapter, but I have to take issue with something in the author's notes: getting married PERIOD at any age is a horrible idea. Why? Because life is too changeable to hie yourself to one person forever.

Better to avoid marriage and it's problems and realize life didn't mean for us to be with one person our entire lives.
deanmarcbc chapter 15 . 2/8/2013
Really nice chapter. I especially liked the Rita Skeeter article. Captured the essence of her writing very well and the subject matter was a great idea. Getting Molly's name wrong was a nice touch too. The only thing I'd say is I think she nearly always names her sources when she's quoting someone, but since this may be a plot point you may have a very good reason for not revealing them. The religious tangent was interesting. I hadn't really thought about it but there's no reason why there shouldn't be religion within the Harry Potter universe. Rather like the scientific community, it's something that would be incorporated albeit perhaps in a slightly altered form. If Jesus were known to be a wizard reputed to have produced feats of great magic unparalleled in that era, it might have even caused Christianity to flourish far from precluding it in the wizarding world. I guess that's exactly the kind of controversy that JK would have wanted to stay as far away from as possible though, hence why there isn't a sniff of any kind of religion in the books.
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »