Reviews for At All Costs
Poetheather1 chapter 15 . 2/5/2013
What an excellent chapter, one of the best you have written in this whole series. Very emotional and powerful. Rose's rant about Voldy was really touching. The whole thing was quite wonderful. I am glad I caught up.
Poetheather1 chapter 14 . 2/5/2013
I finally had a chance to get back to this story. Ah life, I hate it when that happens.

Any way, excellent chapter. Some excellent moments in it. The duel was lovely and I am sure Severus was quite drained because of it. Lovely stuff.

Well, onto the next chapter.
Saint Snape chapter 15 . 2/1/2013
I wouldn't want to be Remus after that letter. Severus is going to tear him a new one. They both needed to visit the house and cemetary. Hopefully it will help them on the road to healing. I love Rose is still calling Severus Dad. And what a crock that it was disrespectful to James. Hopefully the Pothead would appreciate Rose having someone to keep her safe and love her. AND more importantly IF he had changed and grown up as Lily said he had he would be happy for Rose AND Severus. So take that Remus!
wolvfbfn chapter 15 . 1/30/2013
I am so glad that you have a sequel now! As you know, I absolutely adored From Friend and Foe Alike, so I kept hoping you would post the promised sequel and here we are. I did forget to check for a web, but that just means I got to read a huge chunk all at once.
First, things I like. I love the Sirius and Severus dynamic you have going on. If you recall, in the last story, I didn't like how some things went between them, but you have defiantly turned it around. They are both totally in character based on jkr's cannon and your own. Bringing Sirius to Hogwarts as an Irish wolfhound? Genius.
I also just like the general direction the story is going in. Suspenseful, roughly following cannon (but with awesome and common sense changes), and just plain good. Also, love the sort of evil mind screwing that Lupin is doing.
Second, things I didn't like. I was actually rather disappointed to read that Severus' leg was completely healed. I thought that was a great character trait that played into the story very well, such as how could he continue to protect Rose with this physical limitation. However, I had doubted you before re: the Sirius/Severus situation, so I am trying to keep an open mind.
Third, thing that confused me. Perhaps I just read the story too fast, but when did Rose start calling Severus Dad? I thought that Severus would have quite the reaction to that, but I never saw it. Like I said, maybe I read through too fast.
Keep up the amazing work. I'm looking forward to this story moving along. Wonder what Albus will be saying to our duo.
RB chapter 15 . 1/30/2013
I expect there will be a confrontation with Dumbledore in your next instalment. What machinations has Snape upset to anger him so? I suppose I'll know soon enough...I hope!
Christopher Kidwell chapter 14 . 1/20/2013
An awesome story and getting better all the time. Draco has a point but Severus and Rose (with the former knowing of the prophecy) have a point as well.

Bait IS meant to be eaten and sometimes it's taken and the animal you are baiting gets away scott-free.
dana-san chapter 14 . 1/20/2013
Great chapter and excellent cliff hanger!
cheekysorcerer chapter 14 . 1/20/2013
Thanks again for another wonderful chapter!
I loved it!
Katherine Oswald chapter 14 . 1/19/2013
This is brilliant! I love Severus' character development and his relationship with Narcissa. I also love Rose as it's hard to find a good, long story with a female Harry. I do hope that Rose and Draco make up soon, though, as they would actually make a good couple.

Update soon!

- CR
Very Small Prophet chapter 14 . 1/17/2013
Unbreakable Vow to Albus? What Unbreakable Vow? The only Unbreakable Vow Severus ever swore in canon was to Narcissa concerning Draco. He served Dumbledore in atonement for Lily’s death, but he swore no oath and took no Unbreakable Vow. He simply said he would do anything in return for Albus protecting the Potters (which Dumbles would have done anyway, of course). There was no death penalty involved if he disobeyed a particularly idiotic order. Okay, so you’re being AU, but I think it cheapens Snape as a character if he obeys Dumbledore because he’ll die if he doesn’t rather than because of his own need for redemption and his honoring of Lily’s memory.

By the way, marble and obsidian may be dramatic, but I would not want to be dueling six feet above the ground on a slippery surface like that.
Saint Snape chapter 14 . 1/17/2013
I love Narcissa. She asks the same questions I do. Why would the supposedly most powerful wizard in the world need a child to fight Voldermort when he should be able to defeat him? I hate how Dumbledore manipulates Severus by making him feel guilty and the fact that he has kept him out of Azkaban.

I'm glad he has Sirius on his side helping out and seeing what an ass Dumbledore really is and that they can figure out how to keep Rose safe through the tournament.

You made me scared with that last sentence - that Severus would have regrets. I am understandably curious now.
Saint Snape chapter 13 . 1/9/2013
Yikes, I know Draco didn't mean that but it was sad he said it. I hate when Dumbledore makes Severus feel guilty too.
Poetheather1 chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
I finally got a chance to read this. Oh so good. Poor Rose... what a tough choice. Severus didn't give anything away and still Rose was able to make an informed decision. Ugh. And the interrogation... lovely. Man that had to suck for Barty. Oy! So very good. Definitely looking forward to more.
cheekysorcerer chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
Happy new year to you too!

I really don't know how to guess at Dumbledore's character. What is he planning. It seems like he isn't completely honest with Severus, bit I don't know...
I hope Draco won't stay mad at Rose for long. She will need him during the Tournament. I am curious about the reaction of the student body. I kinda expect them to shun Rose like they did Harry in the books, but you always manage to surprise me ;) I guess I will have to wait and see.

Thanks for another wonderful chapter! I loved it!
Emjhai chapter 13 . 1/6/2013
Excellent chapter, as usual. It's outrageous, though, that Dumbledore is still willing to use a little girl to do what should be HIS job. As the most powerful wizard of his time, it's his responsibility to combat V. Unless he has some infallible scheme regarding Rose's blood in mind, and he doesn't have a good record of infallibility. What he SHOULD do is go to meet V in Rose's place and blow him (and Peter) away.
Thanks for the new chapter, and Happy New Year to you, too.
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »