Reviews for Nowhere Left to Run
oaktreeX chapter 11 . 2/22/2015
Wow, I couldn't stop reading this all day. What an compelling story - with such a satisfying ending. This was your first multi-chapter fic? Well done! Thoroughly enjoyed this.
ravenhusker chapter 11 . 12/7/2014
NOWHERE LEFT TO RUN/Rose Griffes

Gripping story. Plausible plot which fits right in to the POI universe. Riveting to the end. Fluff and smut free (I've got nothing against either, trust me). Even got a little CaReese flavor without them being the center of the story. I enjoyed the more realistic and plausible view of their budding, complicated relationship based on their canon characters to this point in the show.
This is absolutely one of the best written POI stories that I've read here.
You said that this was your first multi-chapter fic at the time. Well, you really hit it out of the ballpark with this one.
I will admit that when I landed on this story today and saw that it was 11 chapters, I was planning to save it for another time. But I made the mistake of skim-reading it, first backwards, then forwards (don't ask ';)
And the next thing I knew, I started back at the beginning and couldn't put it down until I finished it end to end. It was that good.
I definitely can see myself reading this one again.
You have a most enjoyable style of writing. ';)
Joyjoy chapter 11 . 2/17/2014
You know what I like?
This, well - a version a this anyhow, could really actually haven happened in the POI-verse.

I typically like my Careese a little more... close to the idealized version I have in my head - but I think you captured what their dynamic really is(was), and ultimately, it still got us to the place we all wanted to be.

This story wasn't balmy with smooth happy endings for everyone, but it was real, and satisfying, and wonderfully written. I really had to hold myself back and not gobble it all up at once, so that I would be leaving myself little POI snacks to read throughout the days past.
At this point I have now read it several times.

And you know what else I like?
Your writing.
I love it actually.

Maybe your POI world doesn't exactly align with mine... but I'm entirely fine with that- yours is wonderfully on point. That we are all able to enjoy it with you can be accredited to your great story telling ability, and polish as a writer.
Even if it's not just for us POI (and Careese) fans- don't stop doing what you do. It'd be far too much of a shame to keep what you have to share from those who whole-heartedly enjoy it, and it'd be far to much of a shame to not let everybody see what you see, and what you can do with it!

Very well done Rose Griffes, and very much enjoyed. :)
Dutchie chapter 11 . 1/30/2014
Wow what a cool story! Really liked it.
g h r e w q deceased chapter 11 . 8/14/2013
Even though you stated that this fic was eventual C/R, I still feared that they may not get together. Not to mention there were moments where I though Reese would be killed. So I'm extremely glad that this was the end product and I loved every moment! :D

PS: It's spelt Gandhi. :)
Gyreflight chapter 11 . 5/6/2013
This was a pleasure to read – everything I might have asked for, all in one story.

You took the oft-forgot fact of just how terrifying the Machine actually is (a fact which is so huge and obvious that it becomes invisible), used it to set up a scenario that feels entirely in keeping with the series, and then let the characters run with it.

I really liked that you gave both your Reece and Carter the competence and tradecraft to recognise the danger and work together as a team, and then reeled out the time and the pace of the story so that the expansion of their relationship felt believably in character, despite the intimacy of emotion which might have clashed with the practical focus – but didn’t. That whole emotional plotline was beautifully balanced; touching, intimate and credible without being overwrought.

Partnering up with Kara (as enigmatic as ever) for the final operation made for an interesting unspoken comparison, as did the later discussion with Grace - I was glad that the missing Finch eventually did reappear, and that Grace had obviously decided to give him another chance…though there must have been a story behind that, one which remains appropriately unspoken and private.

It was a satisfying conclusion too - the fact that even without the Machine, without Finch, John can still make the difference he needs to, and the fact that he can choose to do it with Jos as part of his life is as good a sign as any that he has found a place where he has a hold on his own life, and not just on bare survival.

Thanks for the read.
Shewritesstuff chapter 7 . 2/23/2013
So I read this a couple of days ago...but I had to leave review.
This fic had it all, to the extent I could hear the OST play for it in my mind. I mean it really is perfectly paced and gives every Reese/Carter fan all they could possibly want.

Anyway, thank you for this.
You are a great writer so keep writing. :)

Now moving onto your BSG ones. x
taleof2 chapter 11 . 1/30/2013
This story was definitely awesome from beginning to end and very well written. Thank you so much for your hard work!
spyslikeus chapter 11 . 1/8/2013
In a word - WOW I'd started reading this a long time ago, only to find that it hadn't yet been completed. After much searching, I could never find it again until now. Just couldn't close the laptop until the very end. Thank you for a wonderful ride around the world with John Reese. :-)
Chellero chapter 11 . 12/27/2012
Oh my gosh. Thank you so, so much for this masterpiece. You are truly talented at weaving a truly exciting, mesmerizing tale.

It wasn't too much: everything flowed, everything made sense, all the threads came together at the end.

Loved how Taylor and John's relationship started and eventually evolved. Such a unique perspective on that relationship.

So glad Finch keeps in touch, in his own way. Also glad to know he was able to regain Grace's trust. And it was so Finch to make sure Taylor and Lee didn't have to worry about paying for college.

Again, thanks so much for this. Will always remain a favorite of mine. Excellent, excellent work.
jakela chapter 11 . 12/17/2012
Favorite line: Forgiveness ran deep in the women in their lives, John concluded.

Lovely ending to this story
Guest chapter 11 . 11/30/2012
Loved this story, really enjoyed reading
homeric chapter 11 . 11/29/2012
Oh that was lovely.
"he liked her hair pinned up when he could undo the pins later."
I really liked that line - it says a lot in a few words. Nice that Grace had reached out to Harold too. The graduation scene was interesting - Taylor all grown up and looking to the future.
Congratulations on the ending of a well written and enjoyable story :)
DanAlaya chapter 11 . 11/29/2012
Wow. What a closing chapter. If the show ever got cancelled, this is what the last season, the last episode should be all about
Guest chapter 11 . 11/28/2012
Loved it! Please say you will be writing more stories!