Reviews for The Timeless Mistake
Gustavius3 chapter 2 . 9/25/2014
Please do, if you can manage letting the natives fix their problems with a little help not the good Doctor fixing everything.
Artur Hawkwing 1 chapter 2 . 4/1/2014
Yes you should continue the story. :)
TimeLadyHope chapter 2 . 3/5/2014
Please do!
jeymien chapter 2 . 2/28/2014
Yes yes, continue! I love this crossover idea!
scaroth chapter 2 . 7/7/2013
This is making stuff up about the Time Lords.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
Yes. Here come the drums!
Guest chapter 2 . 4/7/2013
“I walked away from the Last Great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe and I watched as time ran out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time. No space. Just me. I've walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a madman. I've watched universes freeze and creations burn. I've seen things you wouldn't believe. I've lost things you'll never understand. And I know things. Secrets that must never be told. Knowledge that must never be spoken. Knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze. So come on then! Take it! Take it all, baby! Have it! You have it all!”
mavic chen chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
There were a couple of Doctor Who serials in the late eighties which mentioned magic. If the Time Lords wiped it from existence Doctor Who didn't say so. Is the Doctor terrifying? That has been said, but usually only by his enemies.
PachPachis chapter 2 . 3/16/2013
I think you should. Not a bad story!
Kiue Jin chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
An interesting story and I look forward to seeing more.

I do have one thing I would like to bring up. I don't think the Old Gods would be afraid of the Doctor or Time Lords in general. I think they would just get insanely mad that more bastards are coming to try and lay claim to the planet that was originally theirs.
WriterApprentice chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
My answer to your question is yes!

I didn't expect that you would continue with this, but I was ecstatic to find that you wrote another chapter. This was fun to read, like giving us a sampler of things to come. I think it's a good pace and helps fill us in on some of the details. Never expected that the Old Gods and Elune, that part actually surprised me given her pacifistic nature, would feel fear from the recent events. I did notice that your 'then' should have been 'than' for almost all of them. There are a few spelling errors here and there, but this was a fun chapter to read and I'm hungering for more.

Wonder if Nozdormu will keep this to himself or share this secretly with the other heads of the dragonflights. I assume they're alive given that Azeroth's time stream has been fixed. I think it would be likely the former given that he's not telling much even to his mate, but maybe because he feels it too great to have them involved. He probably won't be able to keep his meeting with the Doctor a secret for long when denizens of the greater universe start meddling with Azeroth. He might have to tell his brother and sisters sooner or later. Plus they are meant to be the caretakers of Azeroth and thus this information should be vital in preparing them to defend Azeroth against new threats.

Another thing I wanted to ask is the time setting of your fic. The first chapter didn't mention much of whether this was pre- or post-Cataclysm. If it was post, then individuals like Garrosh will just add in a whole new set of problems. If species from the greater universe start visiting Azeroth, he might set his power-hungry reach to new heights and there might be no limits to how far his ambitions will go. He could rob peaceful visitors of their resources and technology and use that to fuel the Horde war machine, or less benevolent races will take advantage of his single-mindedness and dominate the planet.

This brings me to my other point, the political climate of Azeroth. There is a lot of friction between the Horde and the Alliance, with former being orc dominated and having an increasing demand for resources. We know from Warcraft lore that orcs are not native to Azeroth and some alien species might view them as an invasive species. However, the orcs have pretty much carved their way into Azeroth, leaving behind a path that is both inspirational and bloody depending on which events you view. Plus they are more inclined to battle things out than try diplomacy as dictated by their warrior culture.

Never expected that the Naaru would like to keep the primitive sentient races in the dark whereas the ethereal, or those associated with the Consortium, have no qualms with bringing Azeroth's races up to speed. This could be an interesting side plot to explore and see the repercussions it would have. I suspect that the Naaru might not be all they seem to be. Would be terrible if this affected their most devout followers, the draenei.

One final note is the relations the Titans have with the Old Gods. Warcraft lore tells that the two of them don't see eye-to-eye and the Titans have made it their mission to crush the Old Gods. I'm not sure if the lore is riddled with bias since most of it is taken from the perspectives of Azeroth's residents, but interactions with the Old Gods have been less than favorable. Maybe the reason why the Titans secluded themselves from the greater universe is because they feel that organizations such as the Shadow Proclamation severely inhibits them in their 'war' against the Old Gods and that, in truth, they are a highly decisive race that will find any means, no matter how extreme, to defeat their enemies. It's an idea to play around with, but this is your story.

I apologize for the long review, but I do enjoy this story and it has given me a lot of questions that I want to throw out there. I hope to read more from you soon!
Lainana chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
The beginning kind of drags on with his inner monolog, makes it kind of hard to read, you need to find a balance of sorts, I've watched tons of doctor who shows, however I couldn't really get a connection to it. You have to somehow add in the attitude of both of your 'worlds' somehow, blend them together somehow.
Fallen Maiar chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I really like it, you gave 'Nozey' a happy ending, that is a nice change.
WriterApprentice chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
I really enjoyed reading your fic and found it to be very well written aside from a very few spelling errors. I think you've caught the personalities of Nozdormu and the Tenth Doctor very well, especially in an impossible situation that will never happen in canon. Still, both are entities connected with time and space and what's to say they won't ever interact? The Tenth Doctor was quite golden in your fic and I cracked a smile at his antics. Nozey, now that's a nickname that might be quite an embarrassment for the great Aspect of Time.

Nozdormu's brief meeting with the Doctor was quite entertaining. I do notice that the two seem like polar opposites with the Doctor being more youthful compared to Nozdormu's reserved qualities. I can envision quite an adventure between those two that might include the Doctor drawing bewilderment and blank stares from the Aspect of Time.

If possible it would be very wonderful to see this story develop, maybe even trying to answer a few concepts and questions your fic introduces such as how the Titans, the Burning Legion, the Old Gods, Azeroth, and other worlds in the Warcraft universe will tie with the greater universe of the Doctor, our species, and other alien species.

There is also that energy pulse Nozdormu sent out. There is a strong possibility that the Doctor wasn't the only one who might have picked that up. Azeroth might soon gain benevolent and malevolent attention from the greater universe. No doubt Azeroth will be put at greater risk and Nozdormu will be forced to call for the Doctor's aid more often.

Your fic has a great potential and I don't think the story is quite done, but it was nonetheless a wonderful one shot to read. Don't understand why this isn't getting much attention. You deserve more reviews for your work!
westwindwaker chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Impressive story. Not quite sure if the doctor is that powerful though. Oh well. It's a great story.