Reviews for You and Your White Horse
Atlantean Pineapple chapter 16 . 9/8/2013
I love it! This is a great story and I really enjoyed reading it. And the ending is perfect, the dialogue of it amazing. My favorite is this:
He shrugged nonchalantly. "Because with all the trouble you get yourself into, someone needs to be your knight, and I thought I was doing a somewhat decent job." He paused, then added, "And I love you."
"But mostly that first reason?"
"Yes. Mostly that first reason."

You stayed true to the original while creating your own story. It wasn't simple insertion of a character, either, so it felt like a sequel, and it felt more real, true. Your character, Sara, was pleasantly human, without a personality that was too extreme one way or another, but a balanced mix of good personality traits and flaws. I didn't feel like she was trying too hard, and therefore didn't feel like you, as the author, were trying too hard to make her the perfect match for Wickham. You made her her own character, and in doing so made their romance not only possible, but believable. So many authors force unnatural personalities on their characters in order to move the plot along or create a relationship with someone, and in the process the character is defined only by the desire for that relationship. You avoided that very well, and it is a big part of what made this story so unique and so fun to read! I love that Sara didn't stay in Pride & Prejudice land, because she did have something she wasn't willing to give up, and that is part of what gives her character. Of course, I'm also very glad Wickham managed to follow her through, because let's face it- I wouldn't be a fan of Lost In Austen or Pride & Prejudice if I wasn't a sucker for a good old-fashioned happy ending.

And as much as I love this perfect ending, I wouldn't be upset if you decided to write a bit of a sequel about Wickham getting used to "our" world. ;) Just a little thought I'll go ahead and plant in your mind.

Thank you so much for the effort you put into writing this, and for sharing your work with us,
A.P.
Atlantean Pineapple chapter 8 . 9/8/2013
What? Mr. Wickham has duties other than flirting with young ladies? Haha. Your story is very unique, and I am glad of that! It feels far more realistic than some others I've read. I wonder what's going to happen next...

Atlantean Pineapple chapter 6 . 9/7/2013
Entertaining, though I do wonder why Amanda didn't just tell Sara that Wickham wasn't like in the book, and that he didn't do anything to Georgiana. Realistically, she would have, though it would take away that tension between Sara and Wickham. I can understand why you might do it, but I think it breaks the reality of the story a bit. In any case, I'm excited to read the next chapter, and see what happens at dinner!

Atlantean Pineapple chapter 4 . 9/7/2013
I wouldn't want to go on a six hour carriage ride, but I suppose if I had to, this particular Mr. Wickham wouldn't be the worst possible company. ;) Still enjoying the story, and I like your portrayal of the characters, as well as your own character. Next chapter!
Atlantean Pineapple chapter 3 . 9/7/2013
Nothing much to say here except that I am still very much enjoying the story! And I'm off to read the next chapter!
Atlantean Pineapple chapter 2 . 9/7/2013
Another enjoyable chapter! I'd like to say again how much I love that you are starting after the events of Lost In Austen! As much as I love the movie, it's nice to have some completely fresh material to read.

Next chapter!
A.P.
Atlantean Pineapple chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I enjoyed this first chapter! It is well-written and I really like that you are starting it at the end of Lost In Austen instead of the beginning- your story is the first I've read that has done that. Off to the next chapter!

Classicgirl chapter 16 . 5/21/2013
Ohhh please do a sequal to this please i ould love read more
Lift the Wings chapter 16 . 4/18/2013
GAHHHH I LOVED THIS! It was absolutely fabulous :) great job!
Guest chapter 3 . 4/7/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
snowspell chapter 16 . 3/5/2013
I just found this story and it was lovely. I love your George. He was very true to character and yet we got to see more of him. Perfect. Sara was great. I like that she stayed in her world because it was where she belonged. I wonder what George will do now. I think he will find something that will be the making of him here.
Bu chapter 16 . 2/19/2013
Oh, thats so amasing.
Superdani4Ever chapter 16 . 2/3/2013
HOW WONDEFUL WAS THAT?
OMG Thank you soooooooo much for this story!
Veronica H chapter 16 . 1/7/2013
Thank you for your work. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished this could be made into a movie as well.
jen81265 chapter 16 . 11/21/2012
Loved the ending! You did a great job. Good descriptions and dialogue throughout the story...I enjoyed it very much!