Reviews for Beethoven's Sixth
iloveromance chapter 4 . 9/15/2012
Oh my... Niles sending her flowers is just perfect and you write in Martin's voice very convincingly! What a sweet note with the card as well! I'm almost glad that N/D didn't actually get together in this story b/c it makes it different from a lot of the other N/D stories out there. Of course we all love to see them fall in love so I'm glad you mentioned that it happens eventually! Awesome story!
iloveromance chapter 3 . 9/15/2012
Niles is being quite the gentleman, not wanting to ruin his friendship with Daphne by kissing her, but little does he know how she feels. I'm glad to see that he's not all that thrilled by Mel, but at least he's trying to do the right thing. I love Mel asking "Who is she?" And Niles answering "She is Beethoven's Sixth Symphony." Brilliant!
iloveromance chapter 2 . 9/15/2012
Aw, I just love this... Niles giving her the porcelain unicorn and wearing the blue tie that Daphne gave him. Poor Daphne waiting for a kiss that barely came! I'm sure had he known how much she wanted one, he'd have obliged! He was clearly caught up in the moment of the evening but what a disappointment that he had to leave because of Mel. Ugh! So heartbreaking! How cute that Daphne was so nervous she was fidgeting and checking to make sure that she had the tickets.
iloveromance chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
This is such a great story and how cute that Daphne is so grateful to Martin for giving her the tickets that she let him have 'real' mayonnaise on his sandwich! I'm sure this 'non-date' will be amazing!
Kristen3 chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Awesome, awesome ending! I LOVE Martin getting involved like this. Such a fatherly thing to do, and totally in-character. Really great story, and I'm glad I finally was able to read it!
Kristen3 chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
I love the Niles/Mel dialog here. Very in-character, and I like seeing Niles being unhappy w/ Mel. Gee, I wonder why! ;) Can't wait to see how you wrap this up!
Kristen3 chapter 2 . 9/11/2012
I love all the details about classical music here. It's a subject I know nothing about, but it's nice to see "real world" things show up in stories. Too bad Mel had to ruin the moment here, but I'm sure things will end happily! :)
Kristen3 chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
I LOVE this so far! You've written Daphne brilliantly here, esp. in first person. It's so cute to see Daphne all excited like this. I have a feeling this will be a night both of them will never forget!
aha chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
Yes, I knew it! That was a lovely story, though it makes me itching for more.
aha chapter 3 . 9/10/2012
Mel, you buzzkill!
aha chapter 2 . 9/10/2012
I just went to look up Beethoven's Sixth on Youtube. That was nice, but I'm so frustrated for them!
aha chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Did Mr. Crane just set those two up? Woo hoo!
Jan2StaMuse chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
Oh, very clever! I like how you utilized such a brief moment from "Visions of Daphne" to come up with such a fantastic story. Believable yet authentic, which is always important in the telling of a story. Like I mentioned in my earlier reviews, no fluff. I'm always weary of it because it takes away from the characters' personalities.

Outstanding job! Can't wait for more from you!
MensaCat chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
I really enjoyed this story...sad to see it come to an end. Thank you so much for this one!
samanddianefan10 chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
I love this! WTG Marty- that was the best twist. I enjoy your works SO much and look forward to more.