Reviews for In Death, Standby
vindicta chapter 10 . 3/27
this fic is amazing! I see it's been upated in months so I hope it's not abandoned 'cause it's too great not to have more chapters! it's now on my alert list ..if you update I'll know!
Lea chapter 10 . 3/21
I love it! Really great writing. Carry on!
Louis chapter 10 . 3/11
I adore this story and it's characters! Please update soon! Thank you and keep up the good work.
CleverNickname chapter 10 . 3/11
Did I review yet? Why haven't I reviewed this story? Anyway there's little I can say that you haven't already heard from other fans because you'd have to be an idiot to hate this incredible story. Please, please please update soon. You are amazing.
Almost everyday I open this fiction wishing the last chapter turned from 10 to 11 at least. Please, write the continuation. Your story is fascinating, i always like the part "It's always the calmest in the eye of the storm" or something like that. I will be waiting..thank you for reading this unimportant comment
BreathingStar chapter 10 . 2/16
You asked for reviews, so here is one. :)
First of all, thank you for the amazing story you are writing. There are so many great things in it that I love, I'll just mention a few of them.

That Harry picked up on Snape's self-loathing, and the way you wrote that scene.

I always love a friendship between Harry and Hermione; thank you as well for making Ron the nice guy he is instead of bashing him.

Thanks for the part about Cissy. :)

I remember that I quite liked Harry's arrival at Hogwarts, including the journey on the train and his Sorting.

Voldemort is wonderfully in character, and (although it feels strange to say that) thankfully Harry fits in with him. At some point I expected Harry to 'grow up', in a way, once he's been away from Voldemort for a while, and to leave the Dark Lord because he can't accept his methods or whatever - but I don't anymore. Harry has grown up with Voldemort, has formed his opinions, and he isn't one to easily give up his way of thinking. I don't expect they will always see eye-to-eye; that would be totally out of character for both of them. But then you have a way of writing their interactions which I can't remember having ever seen anywhere else.
The scene where Harry forgave Voldemort for the Imperius showed that they really understand each other (possibly due to the fact that Voldemort raised Harry), or maybe not understand each other per se, but rather know how to deal with each other; they just fit together. Some may call this unhealthy but in a way it's just beautiful.

I understand that it may be important for the plot but I didn't particularly like that Harry took the diary.

But Harry isn't without weaknesses, which is another thing I wanted to write about: Thank you so much for Harry! You made us all love him, he's intelligent, but not overly so, he still has some of his character traits from Canon, including his (sometimes reckless) bravery, curiosity, and loyalty. He isn't stupid or weak but he's not more capable of, say, potions or learning spells just because he didn't grow up with the Dursleys. He's still Harry. Taking the diary showed that, as much as I didn't like it.

And I know that Harry is still a bit young but, honestly, I can't wait for the slash part. I've got a feeling that you'll be amazing at writing it.

Seriously, I'd really love it if there were several hundred chapters left for me to read (and you to write ;)) but however many you have planned, I'm going to love every single one of them.

Yeah, so apparently you don't mind it if we ask for updates? Please, please, please write more of this addicting stuff. I promise you that I will be baking a cake to celebrate the next chapter (though possibly only after having read said chapter). I am now going to reread the story but that will only take so much time so - please? New chapters will be greatly appreciated. :)
mazikem chapter 10 . 2/11
This is the fic I have always wanted to write but haven't because I can't write.
angua chapter 10 . 2/5
I love this story so much, please, update soon!
MIS-MATCHED SOCKS chapter 10 . 2/2
This is fantastic!
August Pyro chapter 10 . 1/28
Hi! You once mentioned that a bit of nagging for updates might quicken the process of writing. So here I am, and I challenge you to write 3k words for 'In Death, Standby' until February 9th ! The prize will be, um... let's say your own satisfaction and my very big smile? I can even bake home-made cookies for you *grins*.
Okay, obviously, please don't feel pressured to write :D I was just joking, though I wouldn't mind if you actually decided to take up my challenge :P I really miss your story(s), especially now that I'm supposed to seat my finals soon *sweats nervously*. Either way, I wish you all the best and don't mind me, take your time writing! Hugs!
E4mj chapter 10 . 1/11
Please please please please PLEASE tell me this isn't abandoned or anything? It's shaping up towards being my absolute favorite. Certainly in the top five where it is at the moment!
(In case you hadn't noticed, I LOVE it! Keep up the great work)
Mikkalea Luna chapter 10 . 12/31/2014
Dear Sophisma,

I am a bit speechless about this story! It was a great read. It has a very interesting concept. I have read lots of "Voldemort rises Harry" stories, but yours is truly original! I can see this really happen! You stay true to Voldemorts character, and still it is believable!

Your description of Harrys character, morality and growing up is at times heartbreaking (because your writing makes me "see" how his mind and personality is slowly growing into something that is definitely not considerd normal or healthy!) But at the same time I am glad for him and love the childhood you have given him, because I still think it is better than what he would have at the Dursleys! I guess what I am trying to say ist, that you make me root for the Dark side (and the world as Harry sees it) while it is still clear to me that there are lots of things wrong about it...

I love the interactions between Harry and Voldemort. Their little quirks, like Voldemorts tea in the morning (I'm impressed how you manage to let him stay in his Dark Lord persona and still make him so human!)
I laughed so hard when Harry put the gnome sculls into Voldemorts tea as revenge! And his reaction when he saw him in muggle clothes... I simply love their relationship!
And I also loved all conversations between Lucius and Harry! I really want to know what Lucius thinks about everything he has seen... :-D

There are so many things I enjoy and like in this story, that I don't know where to start and where to stop! Thank you very very yery much for sharing this with us!
Avis Soul chapter 10 . 12/14/2014
I just blew through ALL of these chapters. I must admit, I am terribly hungry for MORE! So, you can now add another fan... update!
SinfulMind chapter 10 . 12/3/2014
What an absolutely incredible story! I fell in love with it before I even finished the second chapter! Brilliant writing, clever plot and very well portrayed characters! I love everything about your fic, it's amazing!

I love the aloofness and coldness and the distance in Voldemort as well as the occasional flaws he displays which just remind you that he IS after all, a 'slightly' odd not-completely-human-being.

And I absolutely LOVE Harry, how he turned out so well living with the Dark Lord and Nagini, I will never know :D But good for him!

I wish you all the inspiration you need in writing the following chapters. The story is amazing and I would love to see it finished. Take care!
xypx chapter 10 . 11/30/2014
Great story! At times really disturbing, especially the Harry-believes-he-is-a-snake part in the beginning. Please update soon!