Reviews for In Death, Standby
lafoliebergere chapter 1 . 5/22
Shame on me, I'm one of those reader usually too lazy to leave a review but this time I simply had to! Best introducing sentence ever! With it, half your job is done and one as the urge to keep ready. So, once again congrats
Inkcoat chapter 10 . 5/17
I sincerely hope that you will be updating this fiction soon. I have seen many Voldemort raises/mentors Harry and Harry support Voldemort in which : Harry is either very light or dark, either he is very weak, easily manipulated, weak-hearted or very bitter, very cold and "evil". I have to say your version is the best so far : Harry is very balanced, a calm and composed and observant young man, and yes, hes brave enough to act on his loyalty too - I think you have created a very interesting Harry - the perfect partner for Voldemort.

The fact that Dumbledore is not the centre / only antagonist here is another bonus point. I like how you introduced other forces that want Voldemort dead and reluctant allies like Mrs. Zabini. I keep getting this dreadful feeling though, that either Voldemort or Harry will die. You did put tradegy as a major point in the story, and Voldemort treatment to Harry really worries me : its clear that they are needed for each other, care about each other too - but either Harry really care much more about Voldemort or Voldemort is just that good at self-denial or clueless about his feeling for Harry.

Whether their relationship will be sexual or purely kinship/ family bonds, I hope I will get to find it out someday :)

Please keep writing ! I'm sure I'm not the only one begging for this
Tammy chapter 1 . 5/16
Please update!
August Pyro chapter 10 . 5/12
PS. if you ever decide to publish a novel then please let me know, I would love to read ANYTHING you will have written. Love!
August Pyro chapter 10 . 5/12
Please update! It's been so, so long!... I've been literally dying here since the October last year... Please don't abandon this story; it is such a good read and what's more - my favorite fic... I'm missing your Harry & Voldemort... :(
Guest2 chapter 10 . 5/3
Yes, please update! This is really a good story.
oh. come on, update plis. this is good.
A Mad Phoenix chapter 10 . 4/13
Wow. Won't be forgetting the imperious curse training anytime soon. And poor Hermione...

I loved how you kept Harry a Gryffindor for this story. His personality is so funny and is such a contrast to all the dark things happening around him. The gnome debacle was especially iconic.
vindicta chapter 10 . 3/27
this fic is amazing! I see it's been upated in months so I hope it's not abandoned 'cause it's too great not to have more chapters! it's now on my alert list ..if you update I'll know!
Lea chapter 10 . 3/21
I love it! Really great writing. Carry on!
Louis chapter 10 . 3/11
I adore this story and it's characters! Please update soon! Thank you and keep up the good work.
CleverNickname chapter 10 . 3/11
Did I review yet? Why haven't I reviewed this story? Anyway there's little I can say that you haven't already heard from other fans because you'd have to be an idiot to hate this incredible story. Please, please please update soon. You are amazing.
Almost everyday I open this fiction wishing the last chapter turned from 10 to 11 at least. Please, write the continuation. Your story is fascinating, i always like the part "It's always the calmest in the eye of the storm" or something like that. I will be waiting..thank you for reading this unimportant comment
BreathingStar chapter 10 . 2/16
You asked for reviews, so here is one. :)
First of all, thank you for the amazing story you are writing. There are so many great things in it that I love, I'll just mention a few of them.

That Harry picked up on Snape's self-loathing, and the way you wrote that scene.

I always love a friendship between Harry and Hermione; thank you as well for making Ron the nice guy he is instead of bashing him.

Thanks for the part about Cissy. :)

I remember that I quite liked Harry's arrival at Hogwarts, including the journey on the train and his Sorting.

Voldemort is wonderfully in character, and (although it feels strange to say that) thankfully Harry fits in with him. At some point I expected Harry to 'grow up', in a way, once he's been away from Voldemort for a while, and to leave the Dark Lord because he can't accept his methods or whatever - but I don't anymore. Harry has grown up with Voldemort, has formed his opinions, and he isn't one to easily give up his way of thinking. I don't expect they will always see eye-to-eye; that would be totally out of character for both of them. But then you have a way of writing their interactions which I can't remember having ever seen anywhere else.
The scene where Harry forgave Voldemort for the Imperius showed that they really understand each other (possibly due to the fact that Voldemort raised Harry), or maybe not understand each other per se, but rather know how to deal with each other; they just fit together. Some may call this unhealthy but in a way it's just beautiful.

I understand that it may be important for the plot but I didn't particularly like that Harry took the diary.

But Harry isn't without weaknesses, which is another thing I wanted to write about: Thank you so much for Harry! You made us all love him, he's intelligent, but not overly so, he still has some of his character traits from Canon, including his (sometimes reckless) bravery, curiosity, and loyalty. He isn't stupid or weak but he's not more capable of, say, potions or learning spells just because he didn't grow up with the Dursleys. He's still Harry. Taking the diary showed that, as much as I didn't like it.

And I know that Harry is still a bit young but, honestly, I can't wait for the slash part. I've got a feeling that you'll be amazing at writing it.

Seriously, I'd really love it if there were several hundred chapters left for me to read (and you to write ;)) but however many you have planned, I'm going to love every single one of them.

Yeah, so apparently you don't mind it if we ask for updates? Please, please, please write more of this addicting stuff. I promise you that I will be baking a cake to celebrate the next chapter (though possibly only after having read said chapter). I am now going to reread the story but that will only take so much time so - please? New chapters will be greatly appreciated. :)
mazikem chapter 10 . 2/11
This is the fic I have always wanted to write but haven't because I can't write.