Reviews for Pokemon: Unova Capers!
IggyCopperfield chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
hey man check out my story pokemon:kanto journey
DeathGoblin chapter 25 . 11/26/2012
Even though this was somewhat boring I like the development for Grovyle. I'm also glad that Black & White city are both mentioned. The next chapter sounds interesting and I'll be looking forward to it.
DeathGoblin chapter 24 . 11/26/2012
I liked the conflict setup in this chapter, though I think it might have been better to draw it out (one contest where May notes how Lily has improved more than she has and then one where Lily beats someone May couldn't beat), though it was fine this way as well. Also, what was May thinking using Emolga? Then again, she probably wasn't at 100% in decision making when she did that. It'll be interesting to see how the wallace cup goes.
I.C.2014 chapter 24 . 11/23/2012
What the hell is May's problem? That's not how you speak to another coordinator when they win something. That's not the makings of a good friend. She should apologize to Lilly.
DeathGoblin chapter 23 . 11/18/2012
I liked the battle, mainly because of the combination moves, though Riolu's Aura Explosion attack seemed like it was just thrown out there for how powerful and dangerous it was, maybe there should have been some sort of inner monologue about it, but that's a minor nitpick.
I'm glad Team Plasma (and the dream thing) is coming back, and I really like the fact you referenced Casey, and I'm also glad you clarified the thing about levels at the end. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 23 . 11/17/2012
Lay Down Hunter chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
This is the gayest kid I ever laid my eyes upon
DeathGoblin chapter 22 . 11/16/2012
I didn't expect May to be having a gym battle and I look forward to seeing your reason why, and Elesa was the perfect gym leader for her to earn it against. I was a bit skeptical seeing a lv 72 Blaziken struggling with any of Elesa's pokemon, but it seems like the levels you post at the end are more like guidelines than the game level. Just curious, but is lv 100 the maximum as it is in the games (because if not, then I think Cynthia and Alders' pokemon would definitely be above it if May's Blaziken is in the 70's). I liked the battle itself as well as Nick's (mental) fantasizing over seeing Kelly Kenton. I look forward to seeing the next gym and contest battles.
El Torro chapter 21 . 11/11/2012
Every time I think "OK, Nick is finally going to win," but then Cheren trolls me every time! Anyways, nice chapter I can't wait to see the next gym battle
DarkWolfAssassin chapter 21 . 11/10/2012
...Well that was an interesting ending note.
Anyways, nicely done...I'm tired so I can't think of anything more to say.
DeathGoblin chapter 21 . 11/10/2012
I was going to tell you about some of the errors until I read your note at the end ( can do some annoying things when you're editing the documents). I thoroughly enjoyed the battles and I liked the training sessions, as well as how Nick made some progress against Cheren. I also liked Cheren showing Nick some respect at the end by letting him use Madibuzz (he's a jerk, but not a monster). It'll be interesting to see how Lily, May and Max react to Nick arriving on Cheren's Mandibuzz. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.

Also here's my idea for Max's rival (with added information):

Name: Melvin (male)

Appearance: black hair, green eyes, and thick glasses (like the supernerd sprite from the original Red/Blue/Yellow games). He wears blue jeans all the time with a T-shirt (any color) and carries and white backpack.

Pokemon: Tribbish, Magnemite, Kilnk, Roggenrola, Castform, and Muk (his starter).

Attitude: He is interested in non-animal like pokemon (magnemite, weezing, electrode etc) and only wants to capture those kinds of pokemon. Max's team consists entirely of pokemon that are like living things right now so it'll be a nice contrast. He thinks animal & plant-like pokemon are uninteresting and this gets on Max's nerves. Max thinks all pokemon deserve to be studied equally and feels that Melvin's team is imbalanced, while Melvin sees himself as trying to win with his favorites. I wouldn't call it a harsh rivalry, but the two would get into heated arguments that would lead to battles.
DarkDragon360 chapter 9 . 11/6/2012
1 I am asking my sister for BW2 and I am hoping for black
2 I am choosing Snivy I think. I'm sorry , Nick , but I love Snivy too much to replace it with a Tepig.
DeathGoblin chapter 20 . 11/5/2012
I guess this chapter wasn't really filler because May caught a new pokemon (it must be nice to be able to catch a pokemon after fainting it instead of having to make sure it doesn't faint as in the games). Ironically, I can see Tirtouga playing a role in Nick's upcoming Gym Battle because of its rock-type moves. Tranquil might also want fight to make up for its loss in this chapter, but I'm curious to see how it really goes down. I also liked that little scene where Riolu somehow morphed the clouds (it's a little farfetched, but not too much). As for an OC, here's an Idea:

Name: Melvin
Pokemon: Tribbish & Magnemite
DeathGoblin chapter 19 . 11/5/2012
I normally don't like chosen one plots, but I'm okay in this story, and I can see ancient civilizations predicting the future if they had psychic pokemon (I think Xatu is supposed to be able to see the future).

I kind of saw Nick getting one of the fossil pokemon, though I didn't mind that either because he did deserve one after saving them, and I'm also glad that Amy and Trent seemed more like serious threats in this chapter.

As for Trent's POV at the end, I liked it. It was understandable, and having him get a scraggy was also fitting because Scrafty looks like the kind of Pokemon Team Rocket would use).
DarkWolfAssassin chapter 20 . 11/4/2012
Oh I can give an OC, but not as Max's rival, he's a bit more... Mysterious if you want him, I can send details over PM. Hell I can do the same with a female character. If you want one just tell me the gender and details (limitations, number of pokemon at intro etc.) and I'll have an OC ready to go in a short amount of time. Though he/she will definatley have some non-unovian Pokemon.
270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »