Reviews for A Price To Be Paid
DefiantFreedom chapter 41 . 11/5/2014
This is really good, I really enjoyed the story.
2manyfandomstho chapter 41 . 11/4/2014
Wow wow wow! I dont know what to say! Im speechless. You deserve so much praise for this wondrous fanfic. Thank you so much for writing, your story has kept me occupied and obsessed and crazy over the past few days as I got time to read it. Again, Thank you so much.
ADL1 chapter 41 . 10/16/2014
OK. I've read all of this straight through, and I just loved it! I actually wished there was more. :)

I'm not actually too interested in the "Once Upon A Time" series. In fact, I just got started trying to surf the web about it; but this got me hooked, especially for this couple.

I absolutely love your rendition about the times and how marriage for girls and women were expected be then. I'm also giving you top points for the story's slow build. I definitely love how you portrayed Rumpelstiltskin!

I would be very interested to know if you plan on continuing this specific plotline. As a fan, I'm definitely intrigued. Reply whenever you can.
Born in 20th Century chapter 41 . 10/13/2014
Thanks for sharing this beautifully brilliant tale, I loved how both Belle and Rumplestiltskin developed as characters and your portrayals of them, and how you explored the development of their relationship. :) It would be even more amazing if you wrote a sequel to this! ;)
misuky7 chapter 41 . 9/16/2014
This was amazing, absolutely stunning. I do so hope to read more of your work. :3
The Pianist's Touch chapter 41 . 8/12/2014
I apologize for my earlier review-apparently you knew of the similarities to the other story I was thinking of, A Bed of Thorns, and I apologize for accusing you of plagiarism. It has happened before, you know, I hope you'll forgive me for being concerned. Although I will say-this story? Definitely better. XD Any plans for a sequel in the works? I think I might quite like to see an AU version of the show where Mr. Gold has a wife and kid. Anyways, this was an excellent story and I congratulate you on a job well done.
The Pianist's Touch chapter 17 . 8/12/2014
Okay...I like this story, but I'm suspecting some serious plagiarism here. Not everything is the same, but the premise, and some of the things that happen in this story, are the same as in another Rumbelle story on AO3 where Belle marries Rumpelstiltskin instead of just being his maid. I know it's not the same story-some elements are the same, little details like Rumpel allowing Belle to write letters to her family after some sort of disagreement and promising not to read them-but some are different, and the other story had way more smut, was much longer, and was called something else, something about thorns, I think. Anyways, I'm willing to read on, and give you the benefit of the doubt-maybe the similarities are just a coincidence, but I'm just letting you know...there's another fanfiction on Archive Of Our Own that's almost exactly like this one.
JourneyFawkes chapter 41 . 7/16/2014
I absolutely adored your story! I loved the evolution of their relationship and the small gestures you created to really express that. At first I was wary of reading a fanfic where Belle was to be Rumples wife instead but then I realized the potential that could have caused. That maybe Belle would not have to leave. And I must say you lived up to everyone of my expectations!
I will tell you it is 2 a.m. and I could not consider for a moment stopping until I had finished! Thank goodness I don't have work tomorrow. I appreciated how you tried to keep the story in bounds to their time, even though the story is AU I believe it very well could have been in the show and thought the characters were beautifully similar.
I loved your Belle and Rumple and thank you for sharing this experience, they need so much love. :)
Leni chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Just spent the last... um... 5, 6? hours reading this story, and wow... I must admit I was a little skeptical in the beginning, since I'm not a fan of original characters, but you really made it work to give that sense that Belle was constantly among other people and then the contrast to the castle's solitude.

And then... kittens! One knows Rumplestiltskin truly wished to please her when he got her THREE kittens. Magic self-cleaning castle or not, more than one cat per household is a challenge.

I loved Belle's attempts at knitting, and her struggle to make a place for herself.

*happy sigh* So many things I liked, and I cannot tell you enough how grateful I am for such a good depiction of Rumplestiltskin's reaction to the news of Belle's pregnancy. Because, yes, total denial that she COULD be happy with that outcome sounds like him.

Really really wish we got to know how this version of them got along in Storybrooke, but this ending was amazing just so. I know I will be rereading it soon!

Skaarsheart chapter 41 . 7/13/2014
I loved this story so much! Well done!
mecaka chapter 41 . 6/28/2014
This was fantastic! Glad to have read it!
mecaka chapter 27 . 6/27/2014
I have the stupidest smile on my face... It might have something to do with the fact that it's 2:30am here, but this chapter was really sweet. They are so adorable together!
roxyxena007 chapter 16 . 6/9/2014
Just found your lively story! Could have easily written a glowing review for every chapter! Didn't wait your review pages filled with my thoughts after each chapter! Your descriptions of the castle, the clothes, the linens, the grounds, and everything must the story so full of the senses! The conversions, spoken and unspoken between the two make my heart ache for them! Belle is an open book with a good, trusting, open heart and Rum is so accustomed to making deals at any price, people fearing/hating him and the pain of his ancient life of loss, lies, and loneliness! Just had to comment on this chapter: It brought tears to my eyes! Belle and Rum are both trying so hard! Now, this setback over Rum' s violent response to Belle unknowingly being in his child's room! Then, she rightly refuses him entrance to her room, even when He calls her by her name! Heartbreaking for both! Love this story!
RiyoTaka chapter 41 . 4/28/2014
This was a wonderful story full of character development! I loved every bit of it!
The only things that I would love to see are excerpts in Rumpelstiltskin's perspective and a sequel!
865 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »