Reviews for What the Bards Did Not Know
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 2/14
*Grins* Oh, it was very literal! Very much so.
Tonzura123 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
There is not a single thing about this story that I don't love. When OldFashionedGirl recommended it, I expected an awesome Lucy, and I certainly found one: she's most definitely the more rounded-Lucy of the Lucy's I've read!
First of all, we have her wearing trousers which, A by the way, automatically grants her power in the eyes of the readers. In addition to this, whether you intended it or not, you attributed several masculine words to describe her actions, like when she "grabbed" Susan's arm, instead of "touching" or "staying" it. You empowered BOTH of the women, actually, and kept Lucy in-character. I would argue you made her more herself than she even is in the books. Here, she can challenge Edmund. She can match Edmund. She can cry and fight and do whatever else a person does. I'm a little in love with this Lucy.
Top that off with hilarious comments from Ed, the clean-cut ending, and the great plot-fills of the events for HaHB, and this beauty has definitely crashed it's way into my favorites.
Excellent work! I can't wait to read more by you.
As Always,
-Tonzura123
Tara Azzan chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Great story!
I love this line.

"If you want my advice, always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much."

Keep up the good work.
Tara Azzan
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Ooh, I love this! I love the book quotes and the quotes that COULD be book quotes. I love Edmund's sarcasm and Lucy's delight and the retelling of the entire delightful story, just from a different perspective. Excellent work!
MCH chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Fab story and well told CS Lewis would have enjoyed this story as much as I have done.

Lucy and dmund where a great team and I enjoy their story. Plus it is great to see a story about Edmund and his battles.
LadyRiverwolf chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Oh, fantastic. Absolutely amazing. I love the little bits with Eustace and Jill at the end.
One thing I really admire... the dialogue. It's in the Narnian/Mediaeval accent, but still keeps its personality and stays completely understandable. You've read my stories - I tend to make them talk with an English dialect. Then again, they're younger, so maybe they hadn't picked up the mannerisms yet. Meh, that's my excuse. :)
The repetition of "Lucy snuck her hand into Edmund's. He left it there." is really effective, too.
The emotions in the battle were perfect, especially the bit about eye contact.
I really like the relationship you set up between them.
Wonderful work.
meadow-music chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Love the refrain: " Lucy/she snuck her hand into Edmund's. He left it there." Brilliant! Heart-warming and brave.
The Hobbit's Rhapsody chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I really love this. It has a cute frame story; I love that it's Edmund-centric, and the fluffy sibling bonding; your characterizations of both Ed and Lucy are marvelous. Ed's fears and distractability about Corin and especially Cor are perfect. It's an excellent exploration of a rather harried part of the book. Very well done!
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Wow! I mean . . . just wow! Oh boy, this story had, and told it all! It filled those lovely gaps, everyone were all in-character, it made me laugh (especially the bits with Corin, oh my. That prince...), and it also told of the amazing, strong bond that Edmund and Lucy have. My favorite siblings of all! Oh, honestly; I could not ask for more. From the search to the finding, from the battle to the victory, this painted all the right pictures. Not to mention the unexpected, yet wonderful appearance of everyone's favorite classmates and best of friends (who were listening to Ed tell the whole story), Jill and Eustace! Haha! Super love them. Very eager to hear the tale, I'd say. :)

Awesome, awesome, awesome fic! I was just craving for a HHB piece like this one just this morning, and let me tell you, your hopes are not lost on me. For not only was my HHB fics craving satisfied, but also my Edmund craving, as you put it! Thank you, and thank you! God bless you, and please keep writing. Totally enjoyed this story right here. My favorite part, (but I saw it two times), was this:

Lucy snuck her hand into Edmund's. He left it there.

There. Haha! Oh, definitely the bards did not know this tale. But now we do! Thanks to you!
Heliopause chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Wonderful! I loved every minute of it - every minute, but ESPECIALLY the Lucy-Edmund. :) (oh, and I liked the framing very much as well.)
AragornofRedwall chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Fantastic. Excellent. Magnificent. What more can I say?

God bless,

-AoR/Jake
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Thank you again for this fic! I love this and it's wonderful take on this part of the story. It's really gratifying and probably more effective to read this story from a perspective inside the battle. I love how you write Edmund in this: kingly, sympathetic, and awesome! Lucy and Susan are also really nice to read and it's great to see their loving but still snarky sibling relationship.
songsmith chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Pleased to see this here! Adding it to the comm. :)
rthstewart chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Bibbity bobbity boo! put it together and what you got! Bibbity Bobbity boo!
It's a delight to see this, my friend. I am so glad you plunged into the NFE and gifted us with this wonderful gap filler fic that explains all those nagging things that Lewis did not. I especially adore the fierce determination of Lucy and Susan and Edmund's command and weary resignation that no matter what he does, Corin will cause problems. And his real fear, that OMG I lost BOTH CROWN PRINCES! Oh Ed. Great btw that they have that discussion of the prophecy and that maybe this is indeed the fulfillment of it.
And one of the greatest of this exchange, even more than the wonderful fic, has been to come to know you better through those countless PMs and Gchats about this story. Fic builds community and I'm so happy that a little one started right here with Ruan's prompt - -who herself delivered a lovely Susan piece.
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Oh, that's an utter and perfect delight. Wonderful and wonderful and yet again wonderful.

This could have been in HHB and no one could have ever picked it out of Lewis's work.

Bravely done!