Reviews for Hope Dies Slowly
DeenaTweety chapter 1 . 1/24
Ughhhh this was so sad and sweet and perfect. I just totally cried. This was beautiful! ;(
k. noelle taylor chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
I am crying real tears. This was beautifully written.
disregard chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Wow. Angsty and dark and sad and heartbreaking...beautifully so.
teddylupin-snape chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
paula what the hell was that?! i had no clue how you were gonna pull ron/draco out of this, but it's you, of course it'd be full of angst and oh my god this was amazing. my first comment was damn you make first person work fabulously, and then you tied it in with the letter and this is so not okay. the character development and words you used and every little detail and every major point-everything was amazing and i don't even know what to say right now.
dimitrisgirl18 chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Paula. You. Your words. I.

How?

RonDraco is absolutely never something I thought I'd ship, but there you go again making things perfect with your perfect words and making this entirely AU world feel so canonly real and devastating that there were actual tears coming out of my eyes. Not like "omg I creys" but actual "Oh. Hey. I'm crying." The plot throughout this story was exquisite-I didn't even notice that this story was so long until I finished and looked at the clock and kind of just mused about the last ten minutes of my existence because you'd made me do a complete double-take. There's just something about this story that gets me, even though I read it last night and then again this morning.

Everything at the end was just beautiful, and you got my hopes up and you tore them down so violently again and I'm actually quite mad at you in the best way. All of my favorite parts were all of the story. So. Yes. I'm also in love with how you portrayed Ron's mute-ness. But really Paula, can you just not because this hurt me in ways you will never understand. Ily.

Allie
Eternally Seventeen chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Wow. This is one of the most VIVID stories I have ever read! It is exquisitely beautiful and heart wrenching all at once. You certainly have a way with words! At times, the metaphorical relations you established seemed a little confusing, but otherwise it was simply brilliant. I also really like the way it is written, the perspective and the way you evolved the character of Draco especially. Bravo!
sunshinedreamer57 chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
Such a beautiful story.
oxycodone chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
I don't like Ron. Never in a million years would I consider Ron/Draco. I find Ron/Hermione quite boring. But your story has somehow made me start shipping both. I felt for Draco and what Ron had to go through broke my heart into a million pieces. Your writing... God, it was so beautiful. You really have a talent and the writing here, how blunt it was and how much it hurt because of it... I think it would put a lot of published authors to shame. I just can't get enough of this, I've probably read it a dozen times before posting this review. Very well done :)
dizzy ramone chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
God, I've read this a dozen times before I've gathered the courage to leave a review. This story is too powerful for words. I don't know how you've managed to build up such a strong atmosphere, but that proves you're a great writer. It's so rare to find a good story about Ron and Draco, and I don't even know if in the end they're really in love with each other or just so desperate and in need of someone that they rely on each other because they just lost everything. I personally believe it's the latter and that feeling makes the story so much more tragic, yet endearing. So yeah, thank you for writing this.
Dobby's Reincarnation chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Asdfghjkl... ahh...god... the feels... dying... ahhhgh... ahhh... *Dies*

Oh. My. God. There are no words for such brilliance. Just... AHHH!
Palefur chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
WHAT THE HECK?! NO STORY, BOOK, OR TALE HAS EVER MADE ME THIS SAD! I hate you and I love you. I hate you because you made me want to curl up on my bed and cry for the rest of my life and because you killed Hermione. I love you because you twisted the war, changed the ending, made the Dark Lord win. For a moment I tjought he was going to kill Bellatrix and Lord Voldemort. Hope dies slowly, that is soo true. Some people just won't give up. I keep on thinking (for some strange unknown reason) that Potter and the rest were going to show up (not died) and that they were going to free Weasley and Granger then kill everyone (minus Draco). But that didn't happen so I am sitting here in my chair trying not to scream while someone out there is laughing and I just sit here so so sad. D: I loved your writing. It was amazing. It really touched my heart. Oh dear. Oh, oh dear. :'( Wah. It was beyong amazing.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I actually cried reading this. It's so... Wow. It's just so tragic and beautiful and dark at the same time. I don't even know how you could have written something as perfect as this. I don't even ship RonDraco, but this almost makes me. It's just perfect.
SortingHat352 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
That was incredible, probably one of the best fanfics i've read. I'm not a fan of the kiss at the end, but other then that, this is solid gold.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Asldfjkl;lkj PAULA I AM DYING RIGHT NOW. That was perfection. Brilliant. I second Cassie- you're embarrassing published authors with this story. Everyone was so in character, and it was AU but you made it feel canon, somehow. The RonHermione parts shattered my heart into a million pieces, and that was beautiful.

[And yours because he screams everything you're too afraid to.] That line was perfect. You captured Draco's fear and cowardice, but also how he's really on the right side. And you showed a great side of Ron, too, during the torture.

[Granger is safe, you lie to yourself. It almost works.] I don't even know why I loved that. It was just... gah. I mean, I can't even explain this. It's just like Draco is forcing himself to pretend he's evil, so he lies to himself, and can almost make himself that person. But he can't, because he's good at heart.

["You did this. I'll fix it."] LOVE THIS LINE SO MUCH. Because Draco needs to FIX what his father destroyed, and he WILL do that. I love how he almost felt guilty, here, for his fathers work.

[because I never got the chance to tell you I love you. And I do. I love you. Present tense.] A:lkasfj;dasolfj FEELS! ROMIONE FEELS ARE DESTROYING ME! That was so Romione. How Ron would only have the courage to say this when it's too late (well, he thinks it is), and how it's present tense, and then later on, when Hermione said she loved him, I WAS DYING, PAULA.

[If you rock back and forth in Weasley's arms, then you can imagine that you're flying, soaring through the air, caught up in the wings of freedom and not trapped by your name and your family and beliefs that you don't even hold.] That was the most perfectly Malfoyish line in the world of lines of Malfoyish perfection. Because he's a Malfoy, but he has another side. And this /showed/ that. You get him.

I don't know what else to say, but I loved this. So much. And this is the first RonDraco I've read, and it was really sweet. SO well written. Amazing job, I'm exploding.
invaderCaedis chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This made my lungs cry. I have cried so much that I'm sure I have no more tears left. But it was genius. I loved it.