Reviews for And So She'll Wait
conquerors chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I love the way you portrayed the relationship between Rodolphus and Narcissa, especially how it was sweet but at the same time Narcissa was still in character. I really like the last three lines, about how she kept waiting for him and he never returned because it's so sad but it's also a really good ending.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Wow this was great, I LOVED Narcissa here, you porytrayed her perfectly!
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
I like the lyrics that you included at the beginning! I think your Narcissa/Rodolphus writing is really great! Just a word of caution, though, your summary is really confusing and it doesn't make a lot of sense. The story, however, is flawless. Good job!
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Aww this was so sweet and sad at the same time! This was one of those moments in the books that nearly everyone forgets about because its so minor but at one reminder it comes flooding back which I loved about this because the way that you wrote it made everything fit in with the canon storyline, well apart from Narcissa/Rodolphus, but who knows, neither of them seemed to like their spouses that much so it may have happened :) great job!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I really like the way this ties in with the other Narcissa/Rod I've read so far of yours with the begging, and such. I found this to be a really emotional piece, and I could relate to the way Narcissa was feeling. Well done!
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
I loved the song you chose, reminded me of Cissy's and Lucius' child, Penelope. But I liked that this was of Narcissa's thoughts when Rod was taken to Azkaban. It fits the lyrics and that's what I love the most. My favorite line had to be: /The petals blew off the flowers and they swirled around her, caught in the breeze, and she waited among them for Rodolphus to return./ Ah, it made me shiver in a good way and it's very strong, also this: /She waited and waited for Rodolphus. But he never came back./ Wonderful, it shows how much she loves him that she waits and waits. And this is Cissy/Rod :D I'm in love with this, Gamma!

Much love!

C.G.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Excellent fic! I think the idea of Narcissa/Rodolphus is very interesting, although I definitely do like Lucius/Narcissa a bit more, but I really enjoyed this fic. I can definitely picture that if the two of them were together, that she wouldn't be pleased about Rod going along with the others to the Longbottoms' house. I like the mention of how Barty wants to prove himself despite his age, that definitely sounds like it fits in with canon very well. I love the line 'Bellatrix would have said that cold had taken over the world since the moment that the Dark Lord fell', that's so in-character for her, really, I can just picture her saying that. As usual, no spelling or grammar errors, either, and I like Narcissa's musings about the whole thing. You've done a wonderful job with the angst. The line 'If you begged on your knees' - I don't know if that was intended to be an innuendo, but it came across that way to me and I just found it amusing. Anyway, great job, I love your Narcissa here!
queen-sheep chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
The poem at the beginning was a really nice touch :)

I especially liked how you described Narcissa. I could really see how she was raised just by her attitude and words. Good job :)
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Hmm, this makes me wonder exactly how deep their relationship was (although I know what you're implying, but to add to my head!canon ;D). Well done! I was certain she was going to embroider a black rose by the time she heard the word though.
Ralinde chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
When I started reading this for the Fanfiction Award, I realised that I had already read it when you entered it for Rythmics, but that I had forgotten to review. So sorry!

Anyway, on to the story. First of all, the lyrics fitted perfectly. Poor Narcissa, she must have been heartbroken. That last line is really powerful.
It's rather ironic that Lucius is the one trying to dissuade the partie from going, but I guess that's just part of the Rodissa relationship: Lucius and Bellatrix despise each other whilst their spouses are having an affair.
I like that also in this story we see Rodolphus' protective side when it comes to Rabastan, even if it's mentioned only briefly.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Sad Rodissa :( This was heartbreaking but beautifully written. I could feel how passionately Narcissa wanted Rodolphus to come back and how deep down she knew how it would go. You painted a tragically beautiful picture of her sitting there waiting with the window open, too. Gorgeous.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
This was really sweet and really emotional all at the same time. Being a canon and Weasley girl myself, I've never really considered this pairing at all, but I actually found myself really enjoying it and you kind of convinced me of it. And the ending was really sad :(

But I liked it anyway!