Reviews for War of Hearts
antara chapter 10 . 3/28/2013
I love this story, may be a sad ending, but a good plot. maybe next time that there is a story like this one, that you make, can Lily please find out about her powers, and can she be older, and (this might make the story too complicated), please consider having new guardians? I love the way that this plot and story is made. (I think I see a future author here!)
nightmaster000 chapter 10 . 1/5/2013
This was a great story. Did not see the true story behind Lillian's origins coming. Nice to that Nerissa got redemtion in the end. Will you be writing anymore W.I.T.C.H in the future?
chaotic9 chapter 10 . 11/11/2012
Brilliant! Simplely brilliant ending to this story. Everything seems to be resolved (although I still think that Hexin followers disappeared too quickly for my taste, not that many of them would immediatly disappear since they are in a sense free now, but others, especially the most loyal to him, should still present a problem to the girls, but who knows, if you happen to make a sequel you could start with that), the Universe is save and the key to it was Nerissa. Ironically that finally she did what she claimed to want to do in the second season.

Not that it was that surprising. Everything was leading in that direction not to mention the appearence of Xin Jing. It was logical, since if Hexin was still around so why couldnt she? While it was not surprising, still it was apropriate that both Nerissa and Xin Jing took him down.

And speaking of that, the way that both twins reunite in one being reminded me a little of Piccolo and Kami in Dragon Ball, even though both situations are different (Piccolo and Kami were once the same being that divided himself in the two halves that represented good and evil, while Xin Jing and Hexin, or Xin Hei-an, born separated but destined to be together as a whole). I enjoyed the last lines of both Xin Jing and Xin Hei-an as they emerge in one being, that if my understanding is correct it seems that it is now and entity beyond good and evil, similarly both life and death, harmony and conflict, Yin and Yang. I always liked the duality in the existing Universe, even exisiting in single beings like us.

Still in a sense Xin Hei-an is no more now, and if one thing that Jackie Chan Adventures teached me is that when an evil is no more a new stronger evil will try to fill the void. I wonder what could be more terrible than Xin Hei-an, since he was a living representation of death and destruction.

Anyway, great ending to this amazing story. Nerissa and Lillian last moment was touching and profound. And now it depends on you in making a sequel or not. On my part I would like to read it.
xNightLight13 chapter 10 . 11/10/2012
Oh my gosh, that was an amazing ending. It was perfect! I loved the battle scene and how Nerissa's disappeared. Are you thinking of doing a sequel to this? Even if you don't, I just wanted to say that I'm glad I took the time to read this.

Great job :)
Val Marsal chapter 10 . 11/9/2012
;) It's incredible! I almost don't hate Nerissa:p(sorry but I don't like her), I really enjoyed reading your story!
chaotic9 chapter 9 . 11/3/2012
If I thought that evil was at its Zenith in the previous chapter, then now I can only say that our heroes are doomed. DOOMED!

Even if its less power than what Cedric amassed in Z is for Zenith, Hexin is by far much more experienced in using the power of one Heart, especialling considering that the power of the Heart of Kandrakar truly belongs to him (at least the destructive part that is). And it seems that for now he is truly unstopable, considering that the Guardians are now almost powerless (they may still use the power of their elements like Nerissa does using life force energy, but it costs).

On the bright side, Lillian is still alive and something tells me that she will be instrumental in Hexins downfall. If not then probably the ancient dragons. If not that, then I can only say that Hexin will win.

The answer? Next weekend as it seems to be the norm, so until then.
Val Marsal chapter 9 . 11/3/2012
Wow! I can't wait next chapter
xNightLight13 chapter 9 . 11/3/2012
Brilliant! I loved the cliffhanger!

How the heck are they going to beat Hexin now?! This is a tough one, but hopefully, something will come their way.
chaotic9 chapter 8 . 10/31/2012
Sorry for reviewing just now, but at least I didnt forget it.

Anyway, how the chapter ends is truly one of my favourite moments in a story, when evil seems at its Zenith (like Cedric at the last episode, right?), unless of course you plan to Hexin get the Heart. But for now, this is the moment in which the villain as the greatest advantage against WITCH. Curious to see what they will do. I can already imagine Cornelia choice which should be similar to Nerissa, I think, but the others are a mystery to me. I really cant imagine what they will do. But then again in the last season the girls use both Phobos and Meridian in order to stop Nerissa, in a way manipulating events pretty much like the sorceress did. While I enjoyed the intelligence and cunning behind the plan, it still made me wonder how much different they were when compared to Nerissa. Didnt they act in pretty much the same way, even if Nerissa abused others and their will much more than the girls, but still there is a similarity between them. Steal one is not much different than steal three in my opinion even if the last is worse than the first, but the act is still the same. Even Nerissa justification for her plans and ambitions were not much different than the girls, for a greater good.

Anyway we have to see the implications of the options they have:
- If they give the Heart to save Lillian (assuming that Hexin keep his word) they have to face a full powered Hexin without their Heart to back up, and the Heart of Kandrakar alone always seemed to have more power than the other Hearts. They can still win but the chances are slim, so very slim.
- But if they dont deliver the Heart they have a greater chance at stopping Hexin while he isnt at his prime, even if he is ready for them. But the major consequence if they fail is an innocent dying and Hexin gets the Heart anyway.

Of course there is always the possibility of a third choice, which is find some way to save Lillian and stop Hexin from getting the Heart of Kandrakar. The problem is, how?

The anwser? Perhaps in the next chapter. Regardless, I cant wait to see it.
xNightLight13 chapter 8 . 10/27/2012
Hexin is just too clever for them! Damn. I wonder what the guardians and others will do next. Whatever they try, it won't be easy.
Val Marsal chapter 7 . 10/21/2012
This is a lot to take in! but Nerissa is the worst mom ever! and Lillian isn't even her daughter...maybe she gave birth ro her but her real parents are the Hales!
Your story is incredible, I just can't wait next chapter:)
chaotic9 chapter 7 . 10/21/2012
First, sorry for not reviewing the previous chapters. A lapse of my part.

As for the chapters, the story continues to expand at each one. I always found Nerissa as one of the most interesting villains in WITCH, both in comics and the cartoon, but I admit that I enjoy more her cartoon incarnation. In the comics Nerissa was a bitter and resentful ex Guardian that only cared to retake the Heart of Kandrakar and have revenge against Kandrakar, no more and no less (a least she didnt seem to care about the other worlds or take them to herself), while in the cartoon she was not only different but her role was more expendaded, much more. To her contributions in helping the Guardians and the Rebels against Phobos, her disguises and impersonations of other characters that genuinely surprised me, how she manipulated many including most of her own minions in order to achieve her goals (and much more sucessful than Phobos and Cedric, at least until the end), her plans and ambitions were at the same time mirrored by her guilt of what happened to Cassidy (even though she didnt openly admited it, while in the comic she had no remorse or guilt), her connection to Caleb and how she saved him when she could, the main reason of why she wanted more and more power, etc. Frankly it shows that she could be redeamed if things happened in other ways. And I must congratulate you in putting her in such a grey area. It makes us wonder what will become of her at the end, although I have a few guesses of the end. Let us see how much I guess right or wrong in the next chapters.

But before I finish, I have also to congratulate you in the idea of how Nerissa was Lillian mother when they share no physical resemblance. I really should have seen that coming, it was already used in Alien Ressurection. How to bring back both Ripley and the Xenomorph if they died in Alien 3? Clonning, what else? It also illustrates how much Hexin is dangerous since he relies in many kind of resources to accomplish his objectives. If by magic alone he cant reach something, why not use other fields like Science or perhaps combine both? It may not make someone invincible, but it makes him much harder to take down in my opinion.

Anyway, great chapter and update soon please. I wonder what kind of damage will Hexin do to Meridian. And how the Guardians plan to stop a truly immortal being, not to mention how Lillian will react to what is happening around her (assuming that she discovers the truth).
xNightLight13 chapter 7 . 10/21/2012
That was an awesome chapter. I loved how you've written all these flashbacks. This story just keeps getting better and better. I think it deserves a lot more attention than what it's really getting.

Keep up the awesome work :)
xNightLight13 chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
Holy cow! I did NOT see that coming. This was an amazing chapter! I loved all the drama and the cliffhanger was unexpected! Update soon! :D
Cardfighter By Maple chapter 6 . 10/13/2012