Reviews for The Songs You Once Sang
guest chapter 1 . 5/24
Gdi. I'm crying as I'm writing this. When I got to halfway I was already starting to tear up with the premonition of spring having to 'die for summer', and then by the time I got to the winter verse I was crying buckets…and the last two paragraphs just made me cry even harder. A lot of people complain that the Harvest King is a jerk because of some of his quotes and how he's not around in your daily life, but I think that just makes the relationship bittersweet and hilights the differences between a human and a god. He already can't spend a lot of time with his wife due to his duties, so when Molly does die, the time that he spent with her would be even shorter…plus he has to live with the pain for the rest of his (eternal?) life. Kudos to you for conveying this bitter-sweetness and making me cry buckets (repeatedly after some re-readings) in just over a thousand words.
Cabbit and the Weasel chapter 1 . 4/8
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW DAMN IT! You had to go and make me cry!
Deamo18 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
That was... beautiful. It left me speechless, and almost made me cry! I admit, I had always wondered at why he said that... And, being a god, he would probably live a lot longer than Molly ever could. But my favorite part was putting words to the song. There really wasn't anything that they sang together, so good job! Overall, amazing :D
Madz chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
SO SAD, I have no idea why but every time i read this i start bawling :(
Madz chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
Tears in my eyes :')
Iseki chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
This is a lovely idea behind a lovely bit of script. I hadn't seen that line of the Harvest King's but it is oh so romantic. I think it's completely in him to sing, season in and season out, and lament his love. I think he could do it for years perhaps centuries; a impossible mourning period for a mortal but a mere fragment of lost time for a god.

But while I loved the quiet easiness of the village narrative my favourite part has to be the song. It was simple yet rhythmic. Understated yet profound. It was very relatable and I think that was the subtle beauty behind this piece... It was a song that was old and meant something or nothing to everyone who lived there and yet through Ignis and his time meant so much more.

It is exactly this devastating bitter sweetness to this pairing that makes me fall in love again and again.

Great work for your 91st story!
Daisy-Chan chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I never got the chance to play this version but I do know the characters.
This is beautiful and sad at the same time.
Great work!
HarvestMoonLover chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
T -this is just too really did a great job on writing this,it's really matched the category of the i really want to marry the Harvest King... -_-"
Ava-Keep777 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Very sweet and moving I am holding back tears now.
crazyemeralddragons chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
I had no idea that you wrote fanfics for Harvest Moon as well! This nearly broke my heart; my eyes were welling up. I really like the lyrics to the song, if I had a melody to go with it, I would certainly sing it.