Reviews for Thimbles and Thunderstorms!
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Hahaha! This is so much fun! They need to learn sign language, that's what, but it would not be anywhere close to as amusing as this is! I like the thought of Eustace and Jill sticking around for a while. Lovely story! :)
SlashMyDreams chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This is wonderful. I especially loved Trumpkin's answers, and Jill's "all of you, regardless of the pronoun confusion."
Hebi R chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Those poor daughters of Galma. Still, loved the fic.
WingedFlight chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Remembered today that I am so behind on reading what you've got posted, and seeing as I have a bit of time before I have to head off to work, decided there's no better time. :)

I love this. It is all so adorable. Trumpkin is being so very difficult and it's hard to know how much he really is hearing. Perhaps he's needling Rilian in order to ensure the poor guy admits his love just as forcefully as it came out.

And of course Jill would be at the door, haha.

Adorable and quite fun, and of course I love anything to do with Silver Chair AUs.
Lifequasher chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
And so here we have demonstration of the proper use of the narrative 2d person form. It is obvious to me that this is not an interactive story where "you" is the reader. "You" here is plainly, obviously, blindingly, the character, Karkat. "Let it go, Karkat. Let it all go." You are an amazing writer and this is a terrific example of the contributions you have made to so many fandoms for so long. This abuse is horrible.

And you are a bitch and a lesbian. If you don't like the rules, get the fuck out, whore.
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Oh! This is the first Rilian/Jill story I've ever read and, while being a pure Eustace/Jill fan, I thought this was marvelous. This alternate universe is so intriguing - I will have to make time to catch up with your other writings to enjoy this AU!

Love Eustace and Jill getting to spend years in Narnia. The dialogue was so brilliant and funny. I liked Rilian a lot, still learning the royal pronouns, unamused by being pressed to take a wife, and his proposal not coming out quite as he wanted. Jill was just perfect, her reaction and comebacks. Trumpkin was the highlight for me. His conversation with Rilian was terribly funny.

"Soup and celery! Your Majesty, what are you waiting for!" Trumpkin bellowed as Rilian tried to bend a knee before the woman he had come to love so well over so many years. "Would you just kiss her and be done with it!"

Lol! My favorite moment of this.

Thanks for sharing this! Great job done!
Plaited Oodleplexes chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Aaaaaah, adorable! Well done, well done indeed. I rarely see a Jill/Rilian executed so tastefully. Although, were this a full-fledged fic instead of a fluffly little ficlet, I would have liked to see at least some attempt to deal with the age differences. (Quick and dirty research** indicates she is the same age as Eustace, who was ten in VotDT, which makes them both around elevenish (possibly twelve?) for Silver Chair. Eight and eleven puts her at nineteen for the ficlet. Rilian, on the other hand, was taken by the Green Lady at twenty, held for ten years, and then adding the eight for the ficlet puts him at thirty-eight...starting to sound rather Jane Eyre-ish, to me. Not undo-able, at any rate, but definitely difficult.) (I am also biased, of course, because you did such a fantastic job with Undercover that you've fairly ruined me for anything but Jill/Eustace. ;D)

**I.E. take the numbers with a pinch of salt. ;)
WiseQueen chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
A good story - good fun!

Trumpkin's deafness - at least in cases where he doesn't choose to hear instead - is delightful and very close to the book.

And even Jill copies it at the end :-)
doewe chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I already left a comment on your LJ but I just read it again and laughed so much about the "toadstool and tulips", "soup and celery" and so on, somehow I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed these!
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
That's absolutely charming. Lovely, and so Narnian. Poor Rillian would feel rather trapped and manipulated with his history with the Witch, and I could definitely see him wanting to make his own choice of Queen. A wonderful portrayal of a true and honorable Narnian king. Well done!
Moonlight Willows chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
As a huge supporter of Jill and Tirian I still really enjoyed this story so much *applauds*

It goes into my favorites.
fledge chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
A wonderfully light-hearted little piece of fluff, so very refreshing and good fun to read. And of course any romance in the Narnia fandom clearly has to be AU. I have a feeling CSL could not have written romance to save his life.
And I do love how you introduce all the various Beasts in your stories, they are so very - human.
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Even on my third reading, the only thing I can point to that reminds me of your other stuff is the bit about locked doors making Narnians nervous.

Ambassador Scrubb! (Do I hear a reference to the Red Leather Trousers Escapade?) Magistrate Pole! Coded dispatches! Tetchy Rilian!

And the whole "verbal slapstick" with Trumpkin is marvelous, though, as I've said, I think a good chunk of it is the character Trumpkin's developed. It fits his sense of humor.

Jill is perfectly, perfectly characterized, (Favorite line: "Oh do get back, all of you! This is not your concern!" and "Thimbles and thunderstorms, yes!") Now I want more SCAU stories.
Starbrow chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Delicious! Even more so knowing it was YOU! :D This made my fluffy shippy heart so incredibly happy. I loved this story and was so delightfully surprised it was YOU who wrote it.

OK now that I've given this a second and third pass, I am amazed I missed the signs you buried. The animals (who are as always *animals* first and foremost) crowding in to hear the news, the weary Wolves who are used to the humans making a muck of this mating business, the clever comedic timing that led to the HILARIOUS outburst proposal from Rilian, and the skilled handling of his character as lacking many of the graces of a king from his 20-year imprisonment. (The royal We slips at beginning and ending had me giggling.)

Your characterizations even in such a short time were so lovely - Jill as confident Magistrate, Trumpkin who has EXACTLY the level of grumpiness one would expect after ten more years of deafness, and the mysterious Rilian from the books is given a poignant humanity and sense of sadness for what he has missed. And the happy ending...sighs happily. Beautiful. I will reiterate that sequels/prequels would be VERY welcome. Hint hint.
Miniver chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Jill and Rilian! What a great idea. I never thought of that. A lot of fans think about Jill and Tirian, but Rilian kind of disappears into the mists of time. I like the thought of an AU where Jill and Eustace get to hang out in Narnia for at least awhile, maybe for always. This story is wonderful because it gives us the chance to see Narnia from Rilian's point of view. It also imparts to him the greatness that a Narnian King should possess, which is only hinted at in Lewis's SC because of the nature of that storyline. That line about being in the presence of his Star family is lovely. And as an extra dividend, we get to see the "real" Trumpkin again after having to put up with the way they abbreviated him in the Prince Caspian movie. This was worth waiting for!