Reviews for In Memory of Severus Snape: The True Hero
BMS chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
Nice one.
GJMEGA chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
Snape was not in any way, shape, or form a "Good Guy". He was an evil sadistic prick who enjoyed tormenting children that just happened to have, like almost all human beings, one redeeming quality: his love for Lily. If Voldemort hadn't decided to go after Lily he would have happily continued following him on his crusade of terror. I admit his past makes him seem like a sympathetic figure, but no matter what happened in his past, most of which was caused by his own actions, his actions in the books were inexcusable.

Some argue that he had to act like a prick to his students to hold his cover, but I believe he could have acted with complete neutrality in his classes, neither praising nor insulting Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs, and claim Dumbledore demanded it, which would be be believable considering the man is supposed to be a TEACHER. Yes he was brave to have spied on Voldemort, but brave does not necessarily mean good. His manic devotion to Lily, his desire to protect her, and later his rage over her death fueled his desire for revenge against Voldemort, not any sense that what Voldemort was
doing was wrong and needed to be stopped. The fact that Harry named one of his children after him says to me that he was not completely right in the head.

As for Snape being "bullied" by James, my response to that is something someone else said on CaerAzkaban, I can't remember who:

The only person to ever say that James was anything less than wonderful in the books was Severus Snape, and I wouldn't trust him to tell me that the sky is up. It is also interesting to note that the only person to ever say that Severus Snape is a hero is Severus Snape. What I find fascinating is that he used memories to do so, when we all know from book six that memories can be faked. The specific example of faked memories used in book six was said to be a bad job, which implies rather strongly that there are such things as good jobs of memory faking. And a master Occlumens should be among those most qualified to fake them well, especially one with his own pensieve who could take them out at leisure and review them carefully for detail, doing them over and over again until he got it right.

No, what it boils down to is that Rowling expects us to take Snape's word that Snape is a good guy, and I couldn't think of anyone less trustworthy on any issue of note. If you look at all of the evidence outside of his potentially faked memories, you find a pathetic, hate-filled, hurtful little man who can't give up a childish grudge and who bullies the innocent. And even if you take his memories as valid, then at best he is a creepy, mentally unbalanced stalker who ended up killing the target of his fixation and still treats everyone around him horribly.

Sorry about the rant, but I can't help wanting to start a fight when I hear someone is a Snape fan who ignores roughly 16 years of twisted/evil behavior in favor of his (admittedly very brave) actions in taking down Voldemort.
QuillsAndInk221 chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Very lovely, and I must agree with your veiws of Severus! Well done!
Saramagician chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
It was very beautiful! very much! I liked it! And enjoyed reading it!