Reviews for Caged
adeavens chapter 22 . 2/6
Great! I love this story...I happily re-read each chapter! Keep up the good work!
jankg27 chapter 22 . 2/6
The saga continues - thanks for the update!
Barbara Lambert chapter 15 . 6/16/2013
I have really enjoyed reading your story! I remember watching this one on tv. When to you plan to finish it?
Duffy1972 chapter 13 . 3/25/2013
Romart/Womart?

"They'd arrest women, take them to jail and then promise them lenient treatment and lighter sentences if they'd slept with some politicians. from the state capitol." - Sentence fragment.
Duffy1972 chapter 12 . 3/24/2013
So this is in progress?
Duffy1972 chapter 11 . 3/24/2013
"The woman who was my best friend, my business partner and who'd saved my life more than once. Just months ago…after we'd jumped out of the window of that abandoned building after being ambushed by a sniper…she turned around and told me to go back in the damn building and get the evidence needed to clear my name before it was forever destroyed. But I saw pain on her face, heard a hitch in her voice that I recognized…I'd been shot before and then I saw the blood on her clothes…she'd taken a hit to the shoulder and didn't want me to know. She knew I'd rush her to the hospital and sacrifice my own freedom to save her. She'd told me that she'd loved me inside the building and I didn't know what to say to that…it just came out of the blue it seemed and we were both trying to figure out how to get out of there alive after losing Andrea. So I filed it away for later…maybe when things settled a bit I could figure out what to do with it…but when she nearly sacrificed her life for my freedom…to end my nightmare then what she said hit me like a truck." - Perhaps Chris can explain it to Houston with semaphore or a bullhorn. Maybe both for good measure.
Duffy1972 chapter 10 . 3/24/2013
Why is C.J. avoiding wine? Did I miss that snippet?

"Some of the dirtiness I felt couldn't be washed clean. I still felt Butz' hands all over me and his mouth…where it had touched mine. Nothing could possibly be so vile.

I didn't think I'd ever feel clean again." - That guy was seriously gross in the episode itself. Ick.

I forgot that she had threatened to resign in that third episode of the third season. Episodes 3, 4, and 5 were way too much trauma for one character.
Duffy1972 chapter 9 . 3/24/2013
The misogyny of the bad guys in this chapter is truly alarming.
Duffy1972 chapter 8 . 3/24/2013
They’re making out here? What’s the timeline again? How many months is the trial after the Bannon County nonsense?

Harrowing attack scene. – Butz was gross. The main thing that bothered me about this episode is how exploitative it was - especially to exploit the female lead like that. Uncool. It was bad but not as bad as when Hunter wanted Stepfanie Kramer's character to get raped a SECOND time. Raped for ratings...puh lease!

"I knew I had great instincts, been trained by the best in military intelligence." – Yet, cannot see that C.J. loves him – even after she told him a long time ago. Punk.
Duffy1972 chapter 7 . 3/24/2013
Slim? LOL - very obscure character

BTW - Are you ever going to tell the reader what "C.J." stands for? I speculated when young but I don't believe it was ever revealed. :)
Duffy1972 chapter 6 . 3/24/2013
"Nothing like her had shown up in any places or anything." - - Nothing? You mean No one?

"But I'd nearly driven myself to the nut house for a while there because I knew I could have saved him, if only I'd just known that death waited for my cousin just outside my view. If it hadn't been for C.J…well she'd pulled me out of it…and then kicked me to the curb. Leaving me to decide whether or not I wanted to live myself…told me later it was the toughest thing she ever did…chewing me out, ripping me a new one and I said things back to her…I couldn't ever take back…but when the dust settled I did find my way back and when she pulled me into her arms when I'd cried for the first time in years in front of someone…I felt at home again." – Did this scene happen in the show or did you make it up? Would have loved to see that fight!
Duffy1972 chapter 5 . 3/24/2013
You know, we almost never saw any courtroom followup scenes in the show and you’d think that would be a big part of Houston’s life with his private investigations and some illegal activity on his own part. Do you recall if we ever saw C.J. at work in her native environment (working as a lawyer in a courtroom)? I can’t recall. I'm glad you add these scenes.

What’s with steak dinners? Is it supposed to be a Texas-ey thing? It is mentioned frequently in the show too. LOL

Is it Romart or Womart? I’ve seen it spelled both ways.

“But when I saw Bunny, I knew I'd hit pay dirt. She wasn't some stray someone kicked out onto the street. If they did, the guy who messed her up was some rich dude who'd played with her and gotten tired trading her in for another girl. She had quality threads on, a fancy watch and looked like a woman who was going places. How she'd wound up here, I could only guess… a pretty looking thing like her didn't belong in Bannon County.” - - Obviously Butz is not too bright. My first inclination would be to assume that someone would be looking for a classy lady.

You make Butz even darker than I thought he was at the time. Scary stuff.

Houston kind of babies her in this story. I suppose it’s because it’s on the heels of her almost dying on him, correct?

Costanos should be Castanos: I was wondering when you were going to resurrect this guy. Most chilling episode of season 1 with an outstanding villainous performance by Chuck Connors.
Duffy1972 chapter 4 . 3/24/2013
""Nothing…this is a fucking setup," she said, "They do this to single woman all the time in these backwoods towns. Prey on them just to exhort our money out of us so we don't stay in jail."" - I’ve heard that this is actually true, and whoa! Language! LOL ; )

“I can't sleep at all and it has nothing with being in a strange bed inside a hotel in another place. I'm a man who travels on business all around the world so I'm used to that. No, this is about wanting to see someone so badly that I ache with it and my mind can't settle down for sleep.” - You’d think a detective would be a little more self-aware. Sigh.

I can only imagine the devastation a real-life C.J. would have felt if a real life Houston had gone to the altar with someone else after all they shared and her confession of love. Houston is an infuriating character at times - in the show and in your writing. I like him better in A Glimmer of Twilight, but he's still a numbskull.
Duffy1972 chapter 3 . 3/24/2013
Meant to ask this on the last chapter...

Am I to assume that you have the entire serious on video tape / dvd? I'd have to rewatch the episodes over and over to have the same clarity of the episodes that you do and to keep all those intricate plot lines straight.

?
Duffy1972 chapter 2 . 3/24/2013
"Why did all my girlfriends have a problem with my relationship with C.J.? " - Seriously? BECAUSE everyone but you knows that you’re in love with her. Hello.

"I mean the lady knew how to take care of herself and had survived jilted stalkers and gunshot wounds for god's sake." – Yes, but that’s what happens when resentful writers get a hold of your scripts.

"He sighed not liking that answer one bit. Yeah I know they're business partners going way back and best friends back even further but don't tell me that's all there is to it. I know that underneath it all they're hot for each other and when they finally realize that, someone in the office will be a few bucks richer after winning the betting pool." – Indeed! I could barely survive their unrequited love at the time. I think it may be the origin of my hatred of stories like that. ; )

Chris’s inner monologue cracked me up!