Reviews for Triumph and Disaster
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 14 . 9/27/2013
Loved Ros's thoughts about Lucas, and the way their relationship is being handled. I like that she's not simply forgotten the past, like it never happened (it always seems to be under rug swept in fanfiction). The characterisation is spot on and consistent throughout, and the plot just gets better. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 13 . 9/25/2013
Another great chapter, with flawless characterisation all round. I even quite like Callum in this story. The tension that exists between the individual team members - especially Ros and Ruth - adds a nice dimension to the story, too. On to read more now that Pemberton has rolled up, thanks for sharing.
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 12 . 9/25/2013
Brilliant chapter. I wondered why you had Ros as an asthma sufferer in this (which I thought was a great touch, by the way, it gave her a slight flaw that made her more human, more vulnerable - if you see what I mean. Sometimes, she comes across as being almost machine like). But, it's great that you elaborated further in this chapter. I loved the dialogue between her and Lucas; the story as a whole is gripping. Also, I know I started reading and reviewing this months ago, but I got side tracked by a bout of illness/real life etc. Just so you know I didn't stop because I decided your story was pants, or anything like that. It's brilliant; continues to be so and I'm looking forward to getting caught up. Thanks for sharing.
guest chapter 10 . 5/14/2013
I love this story and all, but i have one, tiny, nit-picky issue. If I were a fancy buisnessman looking to buy a house in Surrey that was concievably better than one in Brixton, I wouldn't be looking in Byfleet. I have nothing against Byfleet or anything, and the mosque in Woking is pretty alright, but if I were a fancy buisnessman, I'd have chosen somewhere a bit more... classy. Like, Godalming or Sunningdale, or Ripley, or well, just probably not Byfleet.

Aahh! I'm sorry! Creative lisence and all. But this story really is awesome... And I'm just gonna like, back away slowly...
Antonia Caenis chapter 20 . 4/27/2013
This is a wonderful ending to the story. Not at all what I was expecting but both lovely and fitting for what had gone before. And, I note, perhaps some possibility of a follow up! Congratulations on an amazing piece of work and I'll look forward to whatever you come up with next.
B-D Banzai chapter 20 . 4/25/2013
An amazing ending to what has been an amazing story. Thank you for sharing. I might not have commented on all the chapters, but I eagerly followed the story, giddy when new chapters arrived in my email. I have enjoyed the read.
Sparky75 chapter 20 . 4/24/2013
Brilliant end to a briliant story... I have to say though, I was quite indignant on Ros's behalf as well, I never saw that coming. It felt in some ways that we saw the start of the melt of glacial Ros. Her comments to Lucas about how she 'can't' love him and letting him slowly but surely worm his way further under her skin and also a small but very definite thaw towards Ruth as well show the more human side of Ros. As an aside I'm very glad that 'Bliss' said yes to 'Podgy' (love that little nickname for them both). Ros and Lucas popping down to the local pool may be interesting, I have a feeling they may need a private hire the firt few times!

I'm hoping that as Harry is remaining on the Grid we may get to see more of Ros and the team (including Chen and Khalida) saving London in the future - this, I think, has been your best story yet!
klucas1309 chapter 20 . 4/24/2013
Have loved this fic! Thank you for writing it, I've enjoyed every word. :)
lexie2 chapter 20 . 4/24/2013
Great conclusion and very much in character.

Do I smell a follow-up?

Looking forward to reading the next one- whichever it is; provided Lucas is in it. LOL.
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 11 . 4/24/2013
Awesome chapter! Glad Khalida is all right. She's brave and stoic, I really love that character and can understand why she models herself on Ros. The story (cannon) characters are all spot on, as usual. The dialogue and narrative is brilliant, as always. Really looking forward to reading on to see how it all ties together. Thanks again for sharing this!
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 10 . 4/24/2013
I'm still only up to chapter 10 of this, so my reviews are still way behind everyone elses. Sorry about that. But this chapter was great! Ended on such a cliffhanger, too. I loved the interactions between Ros and Callum (more than once I wanted her back just to cut him down to size!). But the plot and the way it's pieced together are just flawless. Great work and thanks for sharing this with us :)
ButlerSwanBurnett chapter 20 . 4/24/2013
As your personal Ruth apologist, I suppose I should be cheering that you've moved H&R forward, but I really want Ros to take over the section. Quit being such a tease!

Good job as always. :-)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 20 . 4/24/2013
Beautiful. Thanks! I wonder what they'll do in a year, if Harry actually manages to escape by then. Retire from MI-5 and become private security consultants? Strangely, I could see Ros continuing in some sort of work like that and sappy-music Lucas being willing to be a stay-at-home dad.

...wow, would THAT be weird. :)
NatesDate chapter 20 . 4/24/2013
An interesting final twist - that Ros' love for her father despite everything would keep her out of a job that she's so highly qualified for. At least she has Lucas and Ruth has her house and she said yes to Harry, so in the end all will be fine. This was a great story and thank you for sharing it with us.
Batteredpen chapter 20 . 4/24/2013
First of all I'm pleased you've left some wriggle room to write further story with Harry still on the Grid. I loved the tone of this epilogue. The mixture of romance, angst disappointment was wonderful. Ros' description of Lucas as a'naive judgmental prat' had me laughing - it must be love. I thought it a good move to emphasise how Lucas is still affected by everything and can just imagine how well he and Ros in the water trying to overcome their joint traumas would go. More importantly their past particularly Ros' coming back to bite her - in view of one of the few weaknesses she's ever shown, ie her need for her father, was poignant. I'd like to think that the idea that the mandarins would not refuse to appoint the best person for the job was a fiction but have an unhappy feeling that it may not be. Anyway good job, well done.