Reviews for From X to S
Guest chapter 2 . 8/21/2014
*Plot armour, ah yes i feel the same about that development
Other than that, great story! Had me smiling all the way through XD
YaoiMadness chapter 2 . 7/10/2014
The story so far it's great! I hope you will continue, I just love XS pairing :3, and thanks for your hard work!
Svelis chapter 2 . 5/15/2014
This is absolutely adorable! I would comment more, however, I don't feel I could put nothing really produtive to you here, so forgive me, but your story is awesome, and I loved the way that you put Bester and Alo as manifestions of Squalo and Xanxus! Oh, and end was trully warm heart!
oninoshirosaki chapter 2 . 4/16/2014
Hi, Slam!

I'm really sorry for posting here again, but it's hard to get you on LJ so... yeah.

Anyways, I've just created a new account on LJ (oninoshirosaki), and have added you. Please add me back, I want you on my friend list, of course. Thanks! :)

Hope you're having a great day. Feel free to delete this message. :)
LaughterGirl chapter 2 . 3/9/2014

I liked how you wrote about the box weapons, it was funny having them start out as babies haha

Squalo was kinda cute in a way in this chapter, I love how he and Alo became better aquatinted :) can't believe he was trying to surf on Alo lol

I really enjoy how you write of Squalo and Xanxus's relationship :)
oninoshirosaki chapter 2 . 2/27/2014
Hey, Slam!

I'm sorry that I'm posting this in an inappropriate place, it's just that I haven't logged in to LJ yet, and I have no idea how often you log in there, and wanted to make sure you got this message.

I've written a fic for your birthday. I apologize that it's late, I didn't get the notification on LJ, and I found out through your DA profile. Anyway, you can find it on my sites under the title "Gratitude." It's basically a Squalo-centric fic, but there are some mentions of XS.

I hope I did your favorite character / pairing justice! :)

Feel free to delete this message, since it isn't a review. I hope you're doing well.

Have a great day! :)

oninoshirosaki chapter 2 . 2/6/2014
Hi, SlamShady. It's oninoshirosaki.

Wow, I guess the first thing to say is, Welcome Back! I'm really happy you're still writing for this fandom. I thought you were leaving it after the disastrous manga ending - most people seem to have done so - so I was really excited to find this chapter in your fic list. :)

I'm in one of my offline modes lately, but I can't read your fic and not leave a comment now, can I? :)

First of, I'm really glad you wrote about how everyone got their Box Weapons, cos I've always wondered about that. The fact that they were babies was a great idea - the thought of the Varia raising them was hilarious.

Squalo was so cute - I really like that he was jealous of Bester. And that he was in total denial about it, cos that was really in character.

I especially like how Squalo finally realized that what he did to Alo was wrong, and that it took him this long to realize what everyone else got before he did - that the box weapons are extensions of themselves.

Jealous Xanxus made me laugh. I just really love your fics, and how well-timed your humor is. You gotta write a tutorial for humor fics or something. I really love the fishing scene, that was awesome!

Um... this is kinda off-topic but I was wondering, Slam, are you male or female or both? I'm not trying to get too personal or anything, I just couldn't find it on your profile and whenever I rec your fics to people, I don't know if I should say "he" or "she" so I just use "them" a lot.

Great work, I really hope you keep writing for this pairing! :)
Kateey Of Night Vale chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
Sorry about my broken English, I just started reading your fanfics and they are fantastic! You did such a great job on expressing Xanxus and Squalo‘s feelings about each other, and the way they get along is sooo adorable 3 XS is my favorite ship in past 3 years and I probably will be shipping them forever, so I'm extremely glad that you wrote all those fanfics and analysis! Thank you for your great work 3
Kitade Death chapter 2 . 1/15/2014

I've always wanted to ask you this : do you like Ebiten's work? I love them, and mostly suicide in south Italia.
swanfrost chapter 2 . 1/13/2014
This is insanely cute :D I'm not sure if you intended it to be that way, but it certainly is. I love how you did the whole thing, and haha the ending was really cute too! I really like the parallel you created between Squalo and Alo, and how he FINALLY accepted his shark because everyone knows Squalo and his shark are besties.

Great chapter, I hope you do decide to add more to this collection!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
you are an amazing writer! love how you describe their relationship. i just love it! -
Destiny Aitsuji chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Bloody awesome! I love it! Worth re reading without doubt.
oninoshirosaki chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Hi, SlamShady. This is oninoshirosaki. I'm not officially "online" yet (as in, I won't be logging in to any of my accounts for a few months), but I just found your fic, and wanted to let you know how much I love it.

First off, characterization. This is the primary thing I love and admire most about your fics. Your characterization of both Xanxus and Squalo is PERFECT. It's really evident from the way you write that you understand both of them (especially Squalo) really really well.

I love how you keep Squalo's pride and reckless bravado intact, while still managing to showcase his vulnerability without making him OOC. The same applies to Xanxus - how well you pull off his authoritativeness, his stubborn streak, and his penchant for being difficult, yet still show his tender moments, the fact that he really DOES care about Squalo, as well as his innate protectiveness.

I really love that. I think I might have mentioned something like this in my review for Within Pandemonium (and this is a really big thing for me) - that it's important to bring out all the sides to a character, including the ones not shown in the manga. I know some readers might call that an excuse for writing them OOC, but that's not true. As I said, every character is human, therefore they have - at some point in their lives - gone through every possible emotion that a human being is capable of. Which means EVERYONE is capable of being cruel as much as compassionate, harsh as much as tender, serious as much as funny, etc. Just cos it isn't blatantly displayed in the manga, doesn't mean it isn't THERE.

So I really love how you bring that out - showcasing Xanxus and Squalo's "softer" sides, so to speak. It's a good balance and it makes your characters more REAL, while still keeping them true to the canon versions.

I love that this fic was told entirely from Squalo's POV, and that you portrayed his deep and thorough understanding of Xanxus very accurately. I've always believed that nobody knows and understands Xanxus the way Squalo does (and vice versa), and no one's devotion rivals Squalo's, either. One of my favorite lines was : "Xanxus is the definition of life." That sums it up perfectly.

Another thing I really love about this fic - and this is something I greatly admire, due to my inability to write it - is the humor. The funny moments were perfectly timed, and they were all executed brilliantly - just the right mix at the right moments, so that it's not overdone, and therefore does not become stupid.

Your ability to write humor is something I really admire cos I can't do it. Haha. I've never been able to come up with humor or crack fics cos, well, I haven't GOT a sense of humor. Haha.

I especially loved the scene where Squalo was able to tell Xanxus's mood, just by analyzing the glass he threw. That was GENIUS. And the fact is, the reason it's funny is cos it's actually TRUE. Squalo WOULD be able to do something like that.

I love how Squalo knows every minute detail about Xanxus, and how he considers them BASIC. I adore how well you portrayed Squalo's unrelenting devotion. This line is one of the most beautiful : "Xanxus was the sun in his system, and Squalo's world would never cease to revolve around him. Not in death. Not ever."

My favorite scene was Squalo's reflection on the times Xanxus cared for him when he was severely injured. It was BEAUTIFULLY written. And I also really love it because, that has been my head canon ever since I started liking this pairing. I've always had that scene in my head, so it's a nice surprise to see someone else thinks the same. :)

The part about the steaks was super funny. Especially this line : "There was no way in hell Squalo would give something like that for Xanxus to eat. This one went to Levi."

And I LOVE how Xanxus's gestures, like the kiss and stuff, makes Squalo happy but confuses him, too. That's so in character, it's not even funny. Figures Xanxus would do something like that.

And this line - "He served Xanxus for Xanxus" - rings really true for me. Because it's something I've always believed in - that Squalo serves the MAN, not the organization. It's the main difference that sets him apart from the others, I think.

His devotion and love really shines through in this fic. I love it! :)

And a little off topic, but as I was mentioning to another writer, one of the things I love about reading fanfiction is watching the writer's development. Cos there's always a difference between fics, especially as time passes. The disparity between this fic and The Plain Truth (which I also love), for instance, is pretty evident, in terms of your writing style, and I really like that.

One more thing, I read your profile and noticed you're no longer writing XS fics. Well, it's too bad that you lost interest, but that's okay. Interests change, after all - I went through the same thing with other pairings and fandoms, so I understand.

Still, if you ever write any more XS fics, I'd be happily reading them! :)

And for the record, I totally agree with your rant about Character/OC fics. I can't stand them either. Unless the OC is exceptionally well-written and fits so perfectly into the canon universe that I can actually BELIEVE the OC is canon, I wouldn't give it a chance.

And now this review has grown overly long. So sorry if it's taken up too much of your time, if I love a fic I tend to go on and on about it (and I am naturally long-winded). Haha. I'm looking forward to reading Monster, though I guess that might take me a while.

Sorry about all the uppercase letters, too. I would prefer using italics, but I can't input HTML in the review box.

Hope your day's going great! :)

JustAhReader chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Xanxusisum...,I pray for more XS'!
Majj chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Hmh, this is indeed a wonderful piece of work! c: