Reviews for The Scholar
Whispers in the Void chapter 26 . 10/6
So...I actually finished it, and it was certainly interesting! The plot kinda snuck up on me xD
Whispers in the Void chapter 5 . 10/5
So! Obviously, this story isn't exactly linear.
Which is fine, of course! ...I just likely won't review again. It's hard enough to focus enough and review on plotty chapters, let alone keeping track of drabbles .
But, I am enjoying it so far, so kudos to being able to write a story that's enjoyable even when the reader only knows one of the fandoms!
Whispers in the Void chapter 1 . 10/5
So...kinda silly, maybe, to read this fic when I've never seen any of the Stargate series (though I'm thinking I need to fix that).
Honestly, there is not even a guarantee that I will even finish this story (due to my lack of knowledge); but the image of a Merlin, in the future, on other planets (...Stargate has cropped up often enough in crossover search results for me to pick up the gist) was enough to prompt me to give it a shot.
So far, me likes.
Also, this story seems like a good way to 'warm up' to your writing style before trying the other stories of yours that I will actually be able to follow xD
Ma13 chapter 19 . 10/5
I laughed out loud during this one. Beautiful! Is Arthur and his court coming back during this?
ArthurianScribe chapter 3 . 9/29
gosh I feel ashamed. Our ton me the chapters to understand where the name "Hunithson" came from
owieeey chapter 26 . 9/27
OMG this was just so efffing awesome man. I thought it wasn't gonna be a good crossover but you proved me so wrong Just wow.
Thanks! It's been a bit strange a quite fun to read.
Ambiguous Cake chapter 26 . 5/14
So first, I'd like to say that I've never seen Stargate. So much of everything went right over my head even though I tried very hard to remember Jaffa are good alien people, Tauri are humans from Earth (are there humans not from Earth?), and Gau-something are bad. Difficult stuff. But! I persevered because it was so much fun to read about old Merlin doing crazy things, seriously there aren't enough stories like that. So I absorbed what i could about Stargate and enjoyed Merlin interacting with everyone as I slowly learned who the heck they were. And then there was a time skip and I lost it all again. C'est la vie. I enjoyed it all anyway! Really, thank you, it was a very fun read!
Ambiguous Cake chapter 18 . 5/13
So, when reading a long story, I don't usually review until the end, but this, this really did bring a tear to my eye and a smile in my heart. It was just so precious that he used magic to save her on Christmas and get all the other children involved, being Dragoon the Great. Really loved it so much. Thank you!
I like metaphors, but this one about gift horses puzzles me. The adage says don't look, your twist says do. The advice to look is good, but look subtly.
I think your referral to the dentist is meant imply changing the gift... maybe.
I don't know "Merlin", but this still made me laugh.
Dragons and Furlings oh my!
EW! Ick.
"Oh no, not again..." Ha! *&giggles*
Typo: preformed should be performed.
I don't watch Merlin, but I still find this fic amusing. Thanks.