Reviews for The Scholar
koper chapter 26 . 3/8
That is realy amazing fanfic, one of the Best i have read.
I van only hope you will make more as good as this one.
ShadowPillow chapter 26 . 3/4
Well, this was a fairly enjoyable read. Thank you for writing this! :)
ShadowPillow chapter 10 . 3/4
You're making me laugh too hard XD

Thank you for that. I can't even make it to the end before posting a second review.
ShadowPillow chapter 9 . 3/4
I was laughing so hard. That was wonderful XD
Aaronna chapter 18 . 2/18
This chapter rivals #7 as my favorite. I love this crossover!
too-much-inspiration chapter 26 . 1/12
This is a great take on a the 'Future' part of the Once and Future King. It makes a lot of sense that in a Stargate 'verse with a Merlin history that there would be some rather interesting ramifications. Certainly the gate's revelation would cause quite the fair amount of chaos, although it is hard to tell where the actual canon veering detail for the Stargate 'verse comes in here. Presumably a minor tweak to the later episodes of the 10th season, but there are a lot of possibilities. Perhaps it is a bit depressing that it ended in war with the Ori still a threat, but it leaves plenty for Arthur to do when he gets back. Although if they are 'only' as strong as the Gao'uld were, then they don't have much to worry about as originally they had been 'worse' when they first showed up in the classic fashion of progressively strengthening villains. Either way, this is a great bit of humor (particularly with old Merlin), and an interesting story as well, even if only the last three chapters had much plot to them. Thank you for posting this!
Guest chapter 5 . 10/30/2014
Great story
Linorien chapter 25 . 10/20/2014
So cool! Reminds me a bit of the Doctor Who Christmas Special with Martha spreading the story of the Doctor but I think this is way cooler.
Linorien chapter 18 . 10/20/2014
Merlin is so adorable with children!
CrazyFM chapter 26 . 10/18/2014
This was the best Merlin crossover I ever read. Thank you so much for writing it. Especially the last 3 cchapters were brilliant. And I really loved your ending, I agree with you, that this is how Merlin should have ended, well without the Stargate..
ilyena damodred chapter 26 . 8/14/2014
it was good, thank you for writing
LinBates chapter 24 . 8/10/2014
Loving this story, I think this is 8th reading of this in just this year. It never grows old, it's always hilarious & lifts my mood every time I read it. It's a Metlin classic!

Having said all that there is one point of complaint, you still haven't fixed or changed the non-existent word "co-insides" with the correct word "coincides."
Arrowhead1996 chapter 26 . 8/8/2014
This story was so cool! I loved it so much! Great job blending!
Sue Clover chapter 26 . 8/1/2014
So this story made me so uber-happy I cannot even begin to describe. Definitely worth staying up an extra hour or two. And to think, when I started reading this story I thought it was going to be all comic relief and, while funny, all the same, and so I almost stopped reading at chapter 5, I am so glad I kept going. Not only for the ending either, all the silly little chapters leading up to it were fantastic as well.
I think that quote about technology appearing as magic is a lot older than Doctor Who - I think it was paraphrased by them. The third law of Arthur C. Clarke, published in 1973, states that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic," and may be an echo of a statement from a book published in 1942, "Witchcraft to the ignorant... Science to the learned." (I looked this up on Wikipedia) The Battlefield was aired in 1989, and so was definitely after Clarke. Just had to mention that.
But your story really did make me incredibly happy. The silliness, the humor, and the cuteness endeared it to me at first. Then there were all the Merlin references, and cameo appearances like Arthur's in the diner, and Merlin's awesome mysteriousness. Then at the end the feeling of so many threads, so many pieces coming in to rest in their proper places, and of destiny finally playing itself out - that was priceless. Thank you for giving me what the show never did. And it totally fits into the canon!
I have to ask - who was the young woman with the short brown hair who knew Daniel and from her statements was probably reincarnated or something? She reminded me of Janet but in this reality Janet didn't die - you had her in Arthur's Round Table. So who was that woman?
Sue Clover chapter 25 . 7/31/2014
Oh my that was beautiful. The plot seeds come together into a beautiful tapestry. I believe there is a name for this, when the characters suddenly figure out some mystery that has been driving the plot for a long time, I just can't remember it. But that was a great chapter, too. I mean great as in Dragoon the Great great. As in Kilgharrah great. Just great! :)