Reviews for A Little Lonelier
orchid14 chapter 1 . 2/17
I love KenKao! And the Movies were awesome!
Elisabpshady chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
I love this... you kept the in character and it was very cute!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
hoo estuve leyendo y dice que besar o mostrar afecto en publico es de mala educación para los japoneces hoo yo pense que era por que eran respetuosos y que por eso mantenían distancia pero nunc a sospeche algo asi haa pero igual me gusta este anime y aunque soy chica igual ame las batallas y sude y sufri con kaoru cuando kenshin parecía que no tenía oportunidad y luego sas de la nada kenshin daba la vuelta a la situación jeje
seikkyokuka chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
Awww cute :-)
Itsuko-san chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
I loved this especially as you kept them in character. It was cute and flowed really well. Great job!
miss greenpeace chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Awwww. No no no! This is good! I like it much! Haha. It does bring some closure to the series. What I love most is the first few parts of the fic, cos you make it seem so calm and relaxing, and my favorite scene is where Kenshin is holding Kaoru's hand at the gate, and ask was being lonely so bad. Love it. I do think the end feels a bit rushed in terms of RK's pace (you know their romance is painfully slow! Painfully slow but endearing I would say :) ) but, anyhow it's a beautiful fic, and your take on what happens after jinchuu completely makes sense. Love!
Lagadatte chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Such an adorable oneshot, it had me smiling all the way through! It's quite realistic, I can imagine this happening in the manga/anime had it ever been pursued further - Kenshin was simply... very Kenshin :D It'd be so typical of him to become a tad bit overprotective and sleep by her door, just because. As you said yourself, I miss such adorable moments in the original manga... I realise it's a children's manga, but still, the whole story has been progressing in that direction, the romance deserved a bit more attention! Which is why stories like this warm my heart and keep me going! So thank you for sharing this wonderful work

Also, regarding the uage of "sessha" or "this unworthy one", I prefer the choice you made. As much as I adore Kenshin's "sesha" (and the little adorable lisp to it x3 ), too much Japanese, as you said yourself, breaks the flow of the story... and I believe the English translation is accurate enough in relaying the humbleness behind the phrasing ]
Yasmin Kamiya chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Loved it! Such a sweet and endearing story...
I'd like to read more of you on the RK setting, you're a talented writer! ;)
teshichan chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
This is very good. The progression is believable. Nice! :)
Kenjutsu2Princess chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Wicked cute! Short and sweet one-shot, until next time Happy Writing!
Seelenspiel chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Loved it
P.P.V.V chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I whole-heartedly agree with you. I think that too much use of the Japanese language really DOES take away from the story, which is why I refrain from using it whenever I write.

Honorifics I can't get by without, though, so I try my best to keep them.

That aside, what a wonderfully cute story you've written. I just ate it up. It was not too sweet to the point where we all got cavities just by reading it, you know?

Brava.
Thanks for writing,
-P.P.V.V.
Nadya Lubov chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Loved the short story :) Made my heart melt a little :)
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
personally i prefer the japanese idiosyncrasies of kenshin's speech to be left intact and things that are intrinsically japanese like honorifics, clothing (hakama, gi, kimono, yukata etc.) and certain architectural details (shoji, tatami, etc.) should be the japanese words. unless in rare instances (in dialog) one would use a japanese word for anything else but in the narration except for the above mentioned instances i prefer to see english.

concerning your disparaging comment about your writing... it's not true. your writing is wonderful and this story gave me the warm fuzzies. such a sweet and delightful story! i am glad you decided to write in the 'rk' fandom once more and hope that inspiration strikes you again (over and over) *\o/* ...but no pressure.

delighted,

ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
happyloveygirl chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
LOVED IT! So cute. It was good that you made Kenshin and Kaoru act normal around each other and have normal reactions to each other. Made the story so sweet. 3