Reviews for When the War Came
Shatteredxo chapter 20 . 10/5/2015
This is really good!
HipCheckChick chapter 20 . 10/3/2015
I was so excited today to see a notification for this story! This is one of my favorites. I love Joe and Jo! So awesome can't wait to see what happens between the two of them.
drovingallday96 chapter 19 . 6/3/2015
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to read some more because Jo and Joe are such a cute couple. They compliment each other perfectly!
Guest chapter 19 . 6/1/2015
DUDE. DUDE. You are brilliant. Not just because I am fangirling and giggling like a schoolgirl over that ending, but because you are actually an incredible, incredible writer. I can't even put it into words myself. You've really got it. xx, Leslie
HipCheckChick chapter 19 . 6/1/2015
So good. So glad they finally got together!
KatyCru chapter 16 . 6/1/2015
write more!
cchickki chapter 18 . 3/21/2015
Sorry for not reviewing right away, I've been super busy lately!

I loved the part when Easy Company was in Eindhoven. I hope they'll be able to get a copy of the photograph. Poor Joe, I hope Jo won't be too distressed, he'll be back!

Keep up the good work :)
Luckynumber28 chapter 18 . 3/1/2015
love. love. love. love. loooooooooooooove.

Ok, whew now that's over with... where do I start?
Some of the excerpts in this story read like poetry.
You intensely captured the jump on D-Day while keeping the reader personally involved with the character.
Your approach is sensitive to the original characters, you avoid making them into caricatures.
To be honest, this is one of maybe three stories in BoB fanfiction on here that I actually enjoyed.
PLEASE don't stop...if you can help it of course.
drovingallday96 chapter 18 . 3/1/2015
Wow, this chapter was a ringer for the emotions! This was beautiful writing though!
mngirl chapter 18 . 3/1/2015
Dang! Well that was intense. Oh Jo (and Joe!) haha. They need to have a proper talk about all of this.
Can't wait for more and happy writing!
FanWoman21 chapter 17 . 11/29/2014
Love it! As a fellow BoB writer please keep up the good work.
drovingallday96 chapter 17 . 10/29/2014
Interesting chapter. I can't wait to read some more. You're doing a fantastic job with the insight into Jo's head. It seems very realistic!
arromanches chapter 17 . 10/29/2014
cchickki: Ah, sorry, Joan and Bernard are the family that Jo is billeted with in Aldbourne. I only mentioned them somewhat briefly a couple chapters ago (which was quite a long time ago in real-time), so I understand and apologize for the confusion!

I wish she hadn't run away too, but them's the breaks, my friend :) Thank you so much for your lovely review, and I hope to have some (at least slightly) happier stuff going on re: Jo & Joe in the future!
cchickki chapter 17 . 10/29/2014
I'm happy to see you updated!

I was a little confused during this chapter with Joan and Bernard. I don't remember them, are they natives of Aldbourne that Jo is staying with? Or were they mentioned before and I just forgot? Sorry for my confusion, I was just a little lost at parts lol.

I enjoyed the Joe/Jo fluff! I wish she didn't run away from him, but her emotions are understandable considering Easy Company just got the news that they're moving out to Holland. It was also sweet of Bill to give her write so poetically :)

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the good work!
Anon chapter 16 . 10/19/2014
Slightly late to the party here, but oh, what a chapter. The pacing is spot on: the first few paragraphs in the aircraft really help to build up the tension, and then the action scenes following are just the right length to maintain the jerkiness of battle.
I love the lines: "The first miracle is making it to the ground in one piece. The second is finding Winters." It's exactly how the real men, I imagine, regard Winters, so that was lovely to read. As for the rest of the chapter... it's so well-written - I love the romantic aspects between Jo and Toye, because it feels like they don't want to rush into things but the nature of combat is such that strong emotion is inescapable.
This chapter is definitely one of your best so far - I can't praise it enough! And I can't wait to read the next instalment :)