Reviews for Unnatural Selection
Holy shit it all makes sense. Fluttershy needs the appetite suppressant because she's so kind she'd be hungry 24/7. This is the best Dark Pony story I've ever read, it's fantastic! If this ever starts updating again I'll be here like a bullet!
destrogio2 chapter 19 . 5/4/2014
wow this story is good, can you keep it up i wanna read it some more
Guest chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
Holy crud
Please don't let fluttershy eat spike!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
I know it's my choice and please leave the like this! I hate and love cliff hangers
P.S. I 3 your story!
Guest chapter 19 . 12/9/2013
SPARTAN -117
Are you ever going to update this masterpiece?
Arcane Aegis chapter 12 . 9/24/2013
*More Ominous Foreshadowing*
Also, if I'm not mistaken, Discord is smiling because he was never imprisoned (or something to that effect). Naturally, there's an explanation at some point in the near future, but that's just my opinion.
Have you lost interest in this story? That honestly sucks, Spike is the only POV I enjoy at all.
Arcane Aegis chapter 11 . 9/23/2013
This was a little more cerebral, which I enjoyed. If I'm not mistaken, Twilight Sparkle is next on the list, and to be honest I'm looking forward to it. What other changes have occurred in society as a result of the carnivore ponies?
Arcane Aegis chapter 10 . 9/22/2013
Well, you're into RP genres and Naruto. Cool. Spike is still sarcastic, and you've tied in some elements from the show nicely.
Going on a wild tangent, I found a story with a main character suspiciously similar to Spike.
s/5979513/1/On-Four-Legs
Arcane Aegis chapter 9 . 9/22/2013
*Ominous foreshadowing*
Arcane Aegis chapter 8 . 9/22/2013
Fluttershy was almost a letdown, but I suppose there's hope for her yet. At least all of her pets are carnivores, which is in line with all of the other stuff...
Arcane Aegis chapter 7 . 9/22/2013
This chapter introduced yet another theme you've had building: if the ponies have been carnivorous for a decent length of time, presumably after Nightmare Moon/Discord/The beginning of time, do they have any breeding programs going on? I'd bet that, given they seem to be hunters, there wouldn't be any indigenous wildlife left in the relatively small wildernesses of Equestria, Everfree Forest aside. You've made, what, three Apples creepy as fuck?
On a side note, I like how you haven't made Spike completely defenceless.
Arcane Aegis chapter 6 . 9/22/2013
...eww...
Arcane Aegis chapter 4 . 9/9/2013
Hmm, it only now occurs to me that only kindness (and possibly generosity) precludes a person from eating another sentient organism. I think it's kindness, anyways, or it could have been caring. I don't remember. The point is, that's not a very healthy message for a television show to broadcast to little kids. I mean, depending on how depraved a 'friend' you are, laughter could be used to justify murdering someone. Why is My Little Pony a television programme anyways? Aren't we supposed to have the toys and make up our own adventures, like Sailor Moon and Transformers?
Arcane Aegis chapter 3 . 9/9/2013
I'm not overly familiar with the characterizations of the main people in the series, but now that I have it in my head I can't imagine Rainbow Dash as anything other than a bloodthirsty predator. It's funny, because my little sister still has My Little Ponies (the old kind) in our basement, and her Rainbow Dash appears to be perpetually gnawing on Honey Blossom's ankle, gathering dust. Now I have more questions than answers, like 'Why doesn't Spike have parents?' and 'Why is he in Equestria, and not wherever dragons live?'
Arcane Aegis chapter 2 . 9/9/2013
Braeburn is a psychopath. Well, all ponies seem to be psychopaths here, but his explanation reminds me of Nazi justifications for the gas chambers. Well, and American justification for taking native land, but the second one had malicious, wholesale slaughter in such quantities that aren't nearly as well-written nor amusing as you've managed to imply within Equestria thus far. I also liked Spike's imagining of Manifest Destiny as a quest to devour from shore to shore.
Is the food supply going to become an issue? Will ponies become carnivores?
Arcane Aegis chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Traditionally I don't give this fandom any attention, because MLP is too sugary for my tastes. However, I will commend you for making background characters dragon slayers in chapter one. That, I've never seen before. You do your genre proud, and I'm sure there's a rational explanation for the guts and mayhem somewhere.