Reviews for Ostriches
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 64 . 6/4
That was beautiful and I loved it and wow, I really read a 300k fic on my phone. Splendid. And I know it's been *cough* years, but what are the chances of you still taking fic requests? Also, you exceeded 900 reviews! That's got to feel amazing. :) Any other novel length fics I should be aware of? (nannily actually recced this one to me ages ago and I'm only now getting around to it. I'm glad I finally did. It was lovely seeing you mention her a time or two.)
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 60 . 6/4
Let me tell you. When you said angst, I started happy dancing. I love angst. I live for it. It is an absolute rarity that any story gives me serious feels, let alone makes me cry. This? Traumatized me. While I still didn't cry, I had to stop reading and just stare off into space like, "what the hell did I just read?" Terrible. Scarred. And I know you said it ends wells and I'm thinking, if Draco forgives him for this, he's a saint. I'd be looking into getting my flat deposit back. If Harry can say all that to him, can honestly feel like that in any part of his subconscious, he probably doesn't need to be with Draco anyway. How long will Draco have to scrounge for forgiveness for crap he did when he was a teenager and younger? He was scared, taught to be superior, and doing what he was told. I am not surprised by his character at all. This Harry has me looking at him all kinds of sideways.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 52 . 6/1
Some chapters I think you're absolutely brilliant. This is one of them.
So in the course of a week I've read all 6(4) charities and I've gotta say... Thank you. This story was amazing. I loved every minute of it and I'm so sad to see it be finished. I'll keep my eye out for a continuation of this... a glimpse into married life and possibly mini-Malfoy-Potter creatures running amuck? Either way, thank you again for this!
All my love
Lisa Marie
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 43 . 6/1
Another minor critique that's nagging at me. When an Apparition goes wrong, they get splinched, not spliced.
Also, I think you're sometimes unnecessarily hard on Luna. I suppose I'm biased but she is my favorite character from the original series. I do think she is hard to write for the simple sake of how JK wrote her, but I do hate seeing her as less than she could be. (And you could definitely pair the poor thing off. I've seen her linked fantastically with Neville, who isn't an option here, and Blaise, but not the one you've created. Still. Someone. Always hard being the odd one out.)
Still, thoroughly enjoying this fic.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 38 . 5/31
I have been reading and enjoying this fic the last few days. Since I know you try to keep this as canon as possible, I thought I'd mention that there is only one Head Boy and one Head Girl per year for the entire student body, not one per House. There are other things I've noticed and wanted to comment on but failed to. This is simply the thing that's been nagging at me, beyond the fact that the fic started off with character bashing in the first paragraph. But it evolved well beyond that and I'm glad. Cheers and kudos.
brynn.brigham chapter 64 . 5/26
I loved this story soooooo much! I took me the last two days to finish it and it was truly a pleasure! I loved your Draco and the Malfoys!
maybe you meant 'allez, France'? i've never heard 'al├Ęs' before.
minor inconsistency: in the previous chapter the letter harry received from ms baker said september 18th, in this chapter kingsley mentions september 16th. don't know if you are still reading the reviews but you might want to fix that :)
This is the best story ever! Don't know how many times I have read it!
Guest chapter 64 . 12/31/2014
This was a really great story. It's very well written and well thought out. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Shadow Of Sarcasm chapter 64 . 12/6/2014
This was one of the best fanfictions I have ever read (and i have read a frightfully large number ). You made me laugh until I cried, smile at all the fluffiness, shattered and rebuilt my heart with the twists and turns of romance and you maneged to do it all in such a well written manner that it was like I was part of the story. Loved the way you had Draco in this story!
Granatapfel chapter 11 . 11/27/2014
Cute chapter. I like cuddly minx!Draco and that they're starting to get to know each other.
Granatapfel chapter 6 . 11/27/2014
I don't get why Draco just takes Potter's blathering.
How in hell are gutting in a bathroom, hexing into slug-like messes with the whole DA as back-up or beating Draco up with one of the twins not doing anything?
Granatapfel chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Jeez. Does Harry have to be that bitchy to his friends? Their lifes have been revolving around him for years. They're overdue for a break from the Potter moods.
Ron's remark, that Harry could be doing Ginny, if he hadn't blown it with her, strikes me as really ooc.
Still, good story so far.