Reviews for To My Dearest Honey
Cassie chapter 7 . 11/7/2013
Absolutely marvelous! They were so in character! It gives me a horrible pang of nostalgia to think this was written 11 years ago, though, holy shit. You're definitely one of the best Asuka/Shinji writers I've seen.
Gemini011 chapter 7 . 2/28/2013
You have a gift for writing Asuka. Was this really your first EVAfic?

Kind of worked backwards chronologically through your EVAfics, and enjoyed all three immensely. It saddens me a little that I probably won't have a chance to read another one, but you gotta do what makes you happy, especially where stuff like fanfiction is concerned.

I think it's neat how (in the fics I've read at least), you don't shy away from leaving things unresolved. The main conflict is always dealt with, but you don't worry about forcing things into a happily ever after. I usually prefer to have a solid happy ending/resolution/closure, but I've read plenty of fics that tried way too hard to tie up all the loose ends, and suffered for it. Especially in EVA, since there are SO MANY loose ends in the series to begin with. Your endings lend your stories a feeling of anticipation and realness that carries on after I'm done reading. It's different from the satisfied feeling I get from a good "ending ending," but it's equally pleasurable in its own way.

Allow me also to commend you on the excellent style and mechanics of your writing. Your work really is a pleasure to read, for more than just clever insights into the characters you portray.

Honestly, I might get back into RuroKen just to read more of your writing.

Thanks so much for writing!
Gemini011 chapter 6 . 2/28/2013
I really like your treatment of this scene.
Gemini011 chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Re: your AN, indeed... actually I rewatched that episode in preparation for reading this fic. Youtube is a wonderful thing.
Gemini011 chapter 3 . 2/28/2013
Interesting story regarding your split personality comment, I read a translation in one of the volume's of Sadamoto's EVA manga of an interview with the Japanese voice actress for Asuka. She said that part of really getting into Asuka's head for her involved letting Asuka into her head, and that it changed her for good... to the point that even years later there's a part of her that's still Asuka. Pretty crazy to think about.
sm8430328 chapter 7 . 11/22/2011
Mm. This one left me with an awesome taste in my mouth. Like butter popcorn.

You're absolutely great at this. In fact, this'd easily be one of the best Shinji/Asuka fics on the site. You understand their relationship so well, and I like your view in a thirteen (yeah, thirteen, not fourteen) year old's mind. I, as an individual around that age, think I would think like Asuka did if I was in her situation.

Favourited and awesomified!

/ /Novaki/ /
EternalPKK chapter 7 . 7/18/2011
I loved this.
Sailor Star Dust 1 chapter 7 . 7/21/2009
I really liked this take of episode 9, especially considering what we see in Director's Cut 22' with Asuka being upset about Shinji not understanding anything, I test of sorts is likely (though I personally think she was half-asleep when leaving Misato's room and landing on the futon in the living room).

Random comment, but Asuka's quip about how gross it would be to "marry your sister or even your mother" had me chuckle. lol Rei.

Anyway, excellent job with this story. _
anon chapter 7 . 6/24/2008
after reading the last chapter, I highly recommend you to write the sequels of this fanfic, because u know, in the anime their relationship didn't go so well, and I was hoping this fic may lead to an opening for those two. i suggest the fic is 'what if story continued like in the anime, but asuka's relationship with shinji is the same as in this fic'! i think it'd be fun! reply please, and thank you for the story :)
anon chapter 6 . 6/24/2008
"You're just a child yourself." He threw the blankets over his head and didn't come back out for the remainder of the night.

Finally. After all this time... someone finally understood me. It takes a special person to see behind the mask, the mask I show to others. The one I've been wearing for every day of my life. I didn't want someone who saw the arrogance or the superiority. I wanted them to look past the beauty and see the birthmark. The scar. The blemish.

Not the child who pretended to be an adult, but the adult that ached to be a child.

Congratulations Ikari Shinji. You are not a coward, because any coward would have gone ahead and kissed me regardless of my emotions. You defied the odds and my own thinking. Maybe I didn't have to give you a spine after all.

FInally shinji understood her, something i always wanted to hear from asuka. U kno what? with this fanfic, i think the 'Asuka hate shinji' in the mind rape scene is meaningless, in my opinion, this chapter BEATS or may be WINS OVER the mind rape scene. as asuka's fan and Asuka
anon chapter 6 . 6/24/2008
after i read this chapter, and knowing he passed asuka's test, the only thing i'm saying is WoW, u sure know how to write a great asuka-shinji fic
anon chapter 4 . 6/24/2008
[ After briefly looking over my shoulder at Misato, Shinji did something that I never would have expected him to do. He walked away and left me standing there with my hand stuck out. "You go put clothes on," he said. ]

Wow, I think the shinji in this scene is cool. Even if this irritates asuka, I still think it's a 'cool' decision.

Nice chappie anyway :) glad to know things r going well btween those two, SHNJI'S THE MAN!
anon chapter 3 . 6/24/2008
to be honest, I LIKE the Shinji here u know, unlike in the anime, where when he's angry he doesnt really make a point, but in this fanfic, his anger and hate (I think) it's not a pointless thing, his anger here is meaningfull, and important. I somehow like the shinji in this chapter, idk why, it's just...his reason to be mad here... I kinda agree with him.

"I'd rather be stupid than what you are! Touji called you the Devil..." His voice grew cold. "... and I'm starting to believe it's true." NOte: If i was Shinji, i WILL say that too. this may make me sound like Asuka hater, but still, I'm afraid that reading this chapter will make me hate Asuka even more because I'm a big fan of her though (actually), this doesn't mean i hate the fanfic I'm still Asuka's fan, i just want her to hear this quote i put above, from shinji, it's a COOL fic really, i love the way you extended the plot, just hope this fight is solved. Thank you
darkies chapter 7 . 3/2/2008
I literally read so much Evangelion fanfiction, it's getting harder to find good stories to read. I'm very happy I found this one. I cant believe it hasn't gotten atleast 200 reviews yet. Which, I suppose there is no reason to if they all say "THIS STORY IS AWESOME"...which in my opinion..they should :)
simply -v chapter 7 . 10/2/2007
thank you for this long (which is good) and beautiful fic :)