Reviews for A Hundred Year War
Lunatique chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I've given up on disclaimers, personally. It should be self-evident on a site titled fan fiction net, and I heard they don't really have legal effect anyway.

This is a bittersweet take on the ending of ATLA. I think it has particular impact from the PoV of Sokka, who always seemed to me the most level-headed character in the main group. (I have a theory that benders are more extreme in their temperaments than non-benders, which I think is one of the reasons non-benders excel at things like planning and the sciences.)

Even if the show ended on just about the happiest note possible, the scars aren't going to go away for either the world or the people involved. In a way it's those same traumas and losses that give the world, and its inhabitants, their individual characters. It doesn't help to wish the past away or to escape to blame, but it is possible to work toward a world where those millions of heartbreaks hopefully won't happen again.

Very insightful story, and the last paragraph was masterful, both in the way Sokka thought of the others' hurts ahead of his own and the slight chill it left. Bravo.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Very well done!
The Goliath Beetle chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I love the character voice in this story. You've done it really well. Sokka's portrayal as a serious young man, matured by bloodshed...it's really quite spectacular. Great job.