Reviews for Watch the World Burn: From the Ashes
AiryAquarius chapter 3 . 10/28/2013
Oh. Oh my god. That was one of the most beautiful, most emotional, most compelling things I have ever read in my life. After I read WtWB and cried my eyes out at the end, I immediately started on this and was rather pleased that Grimmjow would have a happy ending. This made me almost cry plenty of times too, and the emotions and intensity and all the FEELS were so deftly handled that I was choking on lumps in my throat half the time.

I was especially moved by the interactions between Karin and Grimm, it was raw and honest and I applaud you.

The whole thing was just so perfect and nice, even though Ichigo died, and character deaths depress me like nothing else, I'm glad I read this fic because Shiro got a happy ending too.

Sigh. Reading tragic fanfics and bawling my eyes out instead of studying for tests: story of my life.

Thank you very much for the story, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
OrangeLatte chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
Well I liked the prequel and that is good too. The story about how even the saddest and dark events can lead to something good. Story about will to live and to be happy while overcoming death and destruction. Well done.
Beccabu32 chapter 3 . 5/7/2013
The story was awesome everything about it was good from word flow to the plot It would be interesting to see a couple of years later and how they were doing great job!
Kilandra Iosis chapter 3 . 3/13/2013
*applauds* Loved it! From beginning to end. Great job!
Kilandra Iosis chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
You captured the loneliness, despair... the emptiness after loss so well, that I certainly hope you have not experienced it in your own life. This made my soul ache, that is good writing.
Kilandra Iosis chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
I liked this as an after thought to the first,but had no problem with the first being the only, either. If that makes any sense lol
RaneyLee chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
oh wow! Oh my gosh! This is such a sweet angsty story! And I love the ending. Good job!
RaneyLee chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
I'm almost to tears... This is written so well and has so much emotion. I actually did cry at some parts, simply for the fact that it reminds myself of my own 2 year relationship... I'm glad you shared this. Thank you.
jakondas chapter 3 . 2/2/2013
Karin for the win! I loved her comment about whether they'd slept together yet or not, and then getting grumpy over their not having even kissed. Heh. That kid kicks ass. :D

Nice ending to this follow-up piece. Thanks for sharing.
SexyBleachGuys chapter 3 . 1/31/2013
Oooh, Of course I enjoyed it! It was, after all, written by you! I love Shiro's reaction to Karin and all that. XD Karin... ah... I will never understand that girl. "Your replacing Ichi-nii?" and then "Have you even kissed yet?" lol she is so sweet... And I love how Grimmjow is such a perfect big brother to them, and all the silent looks and silent conversations between everyone. So... This is the end? Cause it don't say complete in the description information thingy. If you mean the ending of the particular chapter, I think its perfect!
ShelyGirl chapter 3 . 1/30/2013
I said I was gonna b a big girl and not cry, but I LOST it with Karin. Shit, I hadn't balled like that for a fiction since Zettai Kareshi. I had to stop in the middle of that scene and get myself under control. This was so raw and tender and believeable. The ending was thoughtful, taking their time and you not rushing their consummation. Glad there wasn't too much detail about the act, it stayed intimate that way. I'm breathless and now I need to read something lighter to get me outa my sad Ichi death funk! Haha.
MMagnet chapter 3 . 1/28/2013
I thought the ending was quite fitting and poetic to the construction of the previous chapters in itself.

Both Grimmjow and Shiro transcend their indifferences and find comfort and solace within themselves after a long haul of emotional scars and disassociation. They are linked through the most callous of tragedies each man is bound to yet above the past love they shared, they reconnect this between each other to grasp a hold of what they used to have.

I am not sure if that is how you were trying to explain it, but that is how I perceived it and the scars themselves when referring to Shiro's were a symbol within themselves that pay constant reminder to what had happened to him, and how they came about.

Isshin still considers Grimmjow his son, it was quite moving with that family dinner - considering Shiro is literally the anti context of Ichigo in the sense that they are seemingly opposites in both Bleach and that reiteration is conveyed here too.

After the pain and loss comes comfort from the world burning into ashes, sort of like a phoenix in the sense that love was renewed and created again - however that same love both Shiro and Grimmjow shared for their respective partners is channelled through the memory and through them.

Quite a connection you established there and it was more than effective when pertaining to the original themes.

Thanks for this. Great ending and great fic.
Aria6 chapter 3 . 1/27/2013
Nice story! Is that the end? :)
Taurie Lucas chapter 3 . 1/27/2013
I loved it. At least Grimm and Shi had a happy ending. Great Job.
briar black death rose chapter 3 . 1/26/2013
well im glad I read this after work because I was near tears and it hurt. Loved it so much. I was wonderin' if Karin was gonna say something. Great work.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »