Reviews for How to Make an Original Character
jenniferroggenstein chapter 3 . 3/7
I think you got the abusive part perfect.I have not felt that kinda abusive but I don't know my mother and I hate my father for things he has when people bring up these member of my family in a bad way or keep pestering about them I usually get mad and scream my head off at them or end up cry for 30 min/trying to hold in tears to not come off I read the fanfiction that makes it seem that you can smile it away it makes me feel like the person writing this either has no idea what it's like or thinks that's how people can ruin a whole fic for me and when you are spreading this info and telling people the truth it makes me feel better and I would like to thank you for that.
ActualNobody chapter 3 . 1/6
My immortal is still in fresh memory for some of us here. I just hope that not even one writer goes to that deep end again. *Sigh*
bunnychan23 chapter 6 . 12/30/2014
Or this is cool! :) I needed help. Oh yea maybe u can write the next chapter on their kind of roles in the story... -.- I find people who make the OC the point of the story all of a sudden. 0-0 it freaks me out really badly so I'm faving it! If it is a word Q_Q I hope so :)
Guest chapter 5 . 10/5/2014
i don't fear death just pain. meaning i will not kill myself due to it most likely painful. i also think life after life doesnot exist and would happily have no life. still dont want to die because of pain
The creepypastas chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
My first fanfiction!friday morning,Nekura heard some said “what a lot of screams...what the fuck is that?".Nekura walk to the door of her friend and saw her was surprise and ,someone knock the go answer but no one was their...She look behind and got knock out.

“What a beautiful little girl..."he think.“
“Where am I?"Nekura look on her left but no one was their.
“Hello"it said.
potentialauthor18 chapter 4 . 2/26/2014
Might want to point something out about the weapon thing. Most fics will be about anime, and anime is freaking weird. Not that I don't like it, I just mean that it really depends on the show. Some shows would find it fairly normal for a tiny little girl to swing a broadsword around like a toy. If it's a slightly more realistic anime, they may have to opt for a lighter sword or heavier girl. My friend, for example, tries giving every OC he has that can possible have a reason to use a sword, a katana. I've done my best to help him drop the obsession. I've explained to him that if you call something awesome over and over again, the thing seems to become suitably less awesome, as does the word itself. Basically that if you use a katana over and over again, it'll quickly lose it's cool factor and become rather boring.
potentialauthor18 chapter 2 . 2/26/2014
Never watched the series but I suddenly get the urge. This Hibari Kyoya sounds like my favorite kind of character.
potentialauthor18 chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Dear person, I salute you. I've made my fair share of mistakes(yeah, some of them are pretty bad) but I've tried to learn from them. Now I shall read your advice and hopefully further my learning.
LilBammy chapter 2 . 12/8/2013
Oh god, even though I'm not in the Reborn fandom, having not seen the anime due to morbidly slow internet connection and lack of motivation, I can still relate to the points you're making! I mean, I've read WAY too many fanfiction where my beloved characters are paired off with OC's I simply can not imagine them putting up with let alone be in a relationship with.
On that note, I might check out Reborn once my internet replenishes itself at the end of the month, and see if it lives up to its reputation. :P

Bam \(*O*)/
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
I'm glad I came across this! I'm an aspiring writer and I have quite a bit of difficulty coming up with believable yet likable original characters. Mostly because of my indecisiveness and my misguided conclusion that the character has to be perfect, or at least highly spectacular in some aspect. I too sometimes fall into the trap of trying to make a character really attractive in order to sell them to my (prospective) readers. Even though I realise this is not the right or most ideal method to do so.
A lot of things you mentioned in this chapter makes sense, and the examples helped a lot too. :)

Bam \(*O*)/
Cyborg chapter 6 . 9/15/2013
Thanks this was a good resource.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Wow i like Mary-sues lol i just like girls like that dont know im not that annyoed by stuff like that it really cool if u put that in a high school seting the sooo original guy with no firends that perfect girl in school and sees s diffent side of her and stuff done before but hey i like it ok im done ranting i dont make ocs so im doing stuff here to get wut i think but hey its fanficion thar are no rules... Besides copy rights lol xD
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Ruy hiyabusa can block bullits with any sword or claw or staff... Heck he can block missiles so ur not fucked with a gun sir god no creativy "sigh"
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Realisic? Ok its called have cratetivty and complay ionoreing that fact so think thing thou first i mean do real animes explane why some have purpul eyes? I think not hey if a heghog can run at the speed of sound and fat plumers can jump 20 feet high that sure is realisic i know thous r games here r some anime all girls have hour glass figers (srry cant spell that good dont juge me... Even spelled that wrong -.-) even ones that r called fat! I should know i read some that say but r skinnyer then me and im not fat so ya it a thing ok get used to it i read a lot of oc stuff some bad some good i like it wen it seems unrealitc it make it more less boreing so ya thats just me dont tell pepul how to think see ya( again srry about spelling i dont use a keybord to write my hand hurt after a while)
MoonGirl1155 chapter 6 . 9/7/2013