Reviews for Nightlight
Troll99 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
OK, I admit ... I haven't read Second Chance, but this short piece actually doesn't need any prequel. You explained everything what a reader might need to know.
I think it's sweet how Orwell handles on instinct and does the right thing. Even Vince (though he should have more experience) does it right. Yeah, they make quite good parents and I can understand Orwell perfectly well that she wants to be only them three for a while. Kids are soooo sweet but also soooo demanding. lol
IronAmerica chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
So, I finally have free time today! Yay! :D

So that's what fear of the dark is called... Huh. I think I'll stick with scared of the dark-easier to say. :P Poor Rose, though. :\ I can sympathize with her there, though. The dark is a scary place!

Honestly, you'd think Orwell would have figured it out sooner... Of course, she's an uber-hacker at this point, not an uber-mom. So. *hugs Rose* Poor thing.

You're never too old for a nightlight, Rose. :D

And Vince is an awesome dad. :D *hugs him* Thankfully he's not being a blockhead! *pats his head* Good Vince. :)

And it's nice to see everything worked out, including with your writing. :)

No quibbles that I can think of.

XxDeathStarxX chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
It was nice to see Mama Bear Orwell in action :)

"'Well,' Orwell began, casting a look over at the door as it opened quietly, a mop of curly blonde hair peeking into the room, 'when I was your age, I had lamps, the glow from the television, and my cats to cuddle. Now, though, I have Vince.'" Lol, I bet Vince don't mind having such a 'job' :D

"'It's always like that for a first time parent. You want to have that child in your life, but you're scared as hell about actually being the mom or dad. But, after a while, it'll finally click,' Vince softly explained, still stroking Orwell's shoulder in a rhythmic pattern.'Promise?' she asked, picking her head up to send him a little pout." Aww, that was probably my favorite moment in this chapter. Well done!